Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows
The 3DS and Wii U Eshops are dying today Sad  The end of an era...

On the subject of the game, still need @no one and @Spiritmon to post so I can properly progress these battles at a similar rate.
The end of an era indeed, F. Double-F to the few games I would have still wanted from the 3DS's Eshop, like Shin Megami Tensei 4.

...At least goodbye to the Eshop from the official site, that is. I've already seen guides on how to 'hack' your 3DS to somewhat still access it via various loopholes popping up (haven't looked deeper into these though yet) while dweling in a sort of gray area between legal and illegal. Somehow I also feel that it'll be quite the situation alike with ROMs: They're officially and from Nintendo's site not allowed and banned, but inofficially and semi-secretly they can still be found if your properly search for them online.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
(03-27-2023, 01:37 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: The end of an era indeed, F. Double-F to the few games I would have still wanted from the 3DS's Eshop, like Shin Megami Tensei 4.

...At least goodbye to the Eshop from the official site, that is. I've already seen guides on how to 'hack' your 3DS to somewhat still access it via various loopholes popping up (haven't looked deeper into these though yet) while dweling in a sort of gray area between legal and illegal. Somehow I also feel that it'll be quite the situation alike with ROMs: They're officially and from Nintendo's site not allowed and banned, but inofficially and semi-secretly they can still be found if your properly search for them online.
F
I read about that too on reddit, don't think I'mma go that far, but I just CFW'd my 3DS; digitized a couple of my DS carts that were starting to fail.
-edit-
Had to reinstall a bunch of stuff and lost ~900 pokemon on Ultra Sun due to a corrupted SD card.
-edit 2-
I've only played Another Bible (Japan-only game in the SMT universe for SGB) and SMT Devil Survivor I & II
[Image: 7V2sBYC.png]
(03-27-2023, 09:59 AM)Dragonstrike Wrote: The 3DS and Wii U Eshops are dying today Sad  The end of an era...

On the subject of the game, still need @no one and @Spiritmon to post so I can properly progress these battles at a similar rate.

Well, now I feel more old than ever. Would've like The Big N to preserve said game and services into perpituity, but that isn't something we can expect from corporations. They had a good run, and shall be remembered fondly for all the fun times they brought...
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
*Checks Last Post*

Well, seems like the pacing is lively as ever. I believe at this point that it can be safe to work on responses to everyone that has posted thus far, Dragonstrike, 'cause if we don't get a move on it'll be perhaps another few weeks before we can get a move on.

On a completely seperate topic, I've got an interesting thought for all you to ponder: concerning Iron's Campaign, what other Characters did you have lined up to participate into it (or any ideas for such if you never had any pre-planned)? Been re-reading parts of it recently, and now in days Vens portions of it struck me as with a strange sense of 'wait, what?' whenever he did....well, virtually anything after the relatively smooth sailing and tolerate experience we all had with Terra. I DID deliberately design the big lad to be the polar opposite of Ven in almost every way that counted and to be more in line with the overall design of the campaign, but it's still surprising to see how much my approach IC changed with him.

To start things off:
- One of my oldest alternative characters was a Fashion Designer from Kalos by the pseudonym Major Domo, a fashionista with a keen sense of flair and pomp. Their outfits was pretty gender neutral/gender confusing , and in many cases their behavior would have been highly similar to Kee's in the ongoing campaign, though a less teasing and more bombastic and extroverted. Their main partner would've been a Salazzle, who'd pretty much mirror their overall personality, though probably be like Kee's lil' poisonous bat kitty when the mood struck her/she spots a guy she digs. Major Domo probably would've got along like a house on fire with Heart and overwhelm Shiva and Nathan in the beginning , while Vadar would've probably been contracted by them like with Ven. Probably be a bit creeped out and nervous around Dies Character and Spira, though, and Larry....yeah, they are not good with kids (though their relationship with May would've provoked some interest). Not much more on him, since he got scrapped for Ventus early on and I didn't end up tinkering with him any further.

- Another would've been a Hex Girl by the name of Samantha (No Last name) that would've just....appeared to the group one day after one of my characters died/GTFO. They'd been shy, quiet, and outwardly closed off, but if you got her to open up she'd probably be best described as 'aggressively gangrenous' . Talk your ear off and be a total dork about it, that sort of thing. In battles, however, her personality would do a complete 180, turning into wicked, sadistic, and downright mean and malicious witch that only wishes to curbstomp her enemies and laugh about it. Either that, or be a cold ham that seeks to get under the skin of all who opposed her. Right after battle, however, she'd turn back to her 'normal' self and act like nothing happened, though if pressed she'd get flustered and tries to be evasive.
The plot twist behind this (and her character as a whole) was that she a baby that was abandoned as a young, young child at The Skull Ruins by some particular *impressive* example of parenting, and by some huge stroke of miracle ended up getting adopted by a 'family' /collective of 'friendly enough' spirits that still had enough Humanity and affection to be able to empathize with and take care of her. Probably be that Mismagius Coven Spira Encountered, in retrospect. Problems with THAT background are as abundant as obvious, and during the course of her childhood she ended up getting semi-permanently possessed by a Ghost Pokemon/Spirit Precursor to one, who'd end up becoming their Battle Persona and more wicked and protective impulses and contribute greatly to her understanding of Ghost and 'otherworldly' aura. Partner Pokemon was undecided, though it'd probably have ended up as a Misdrevious or Gengar, all things considered, who may or may not be said Pokemon that is so 'spiritually bonded' with them. I THINK she'd get along like crazy with Shiva and Spira and scare the shit out of everyone else (I think Gallade would probably turn semi-paranoid around her), though with how things had gotten with Skull Ruins who knows?

-Morgana Belladona Zackariah: Yes, Ven's own extremely warped mother! She was always a possibility to replace Ven I had in the back of my mind, though I ended up scrapping that in favor of my preference (at the time) combat preference and desire for PEACE with Terra. The woman would've given up a lot of her Plot Devices and sheer Fairy Power in order to go under the radar and running a long-con deception to hide herself from Ven (for his sake), though she'd probably end up as the resident Earthpower and Nature Queen that could still pull off plenty of 'magic' . Anyway, if I went with her she'd had ended up intercepting Terra and taking his place (His Fate being left ambiguous) and tried to act like Ven was the one that sent her to takeover - whether or not that would've stuck depended on Shiva, as I believe she is the only one that would actually know what Ven's mother looks like (or once looked like), given that he shared his personal photo album waaaaay back in the early campaign. Not going to discount the possibility of Nathan and/or Gallade figuring things out from the get go, though, since Ven could've possibly shared those details 'offscreen' (left to a Roll for that chance, perhaps) and Gallade would obviously know this woman was MEGA SUS. If her ploy worked / was allowed, she'd honesty be a fairly airy but pleasant to get along with woman that would've done her best to make friends with everyone (particularly Shiva, considering Ven's romantic interests in her + their own Fairy Aligned Nature). If she was found out, though....well, it'd be a fun mess for everyone, I'd imagine. Especially if anyone had the bright idea of contacting Ven directly about it. Her Partner would've be a Florges, a noble but errie lady that would've followed Morgana's lead as much as they would follow theirs.
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Yeah, I'm gonna bug No One on discord again pretty soon about posting.  He's being slow in Shattered Earth as well.  Might have to play some catch-up with the Thundurus fight, sadly.  *shrug*

Regarding the SR topic:

Probably not hard to believe, but I didn't have any alternative characters planned for the Skull Ruins campaign.  Mostly because I was confident in my decision of who to play and never had a great need to change that.  The whole goal with him was to have a play on some classic pokemon protagonist tropes, and I'm (mostly) happy with how it turned out.

If the encounter with Seikamater has gone differently though, ngl, I might have needed a new character.

Alternate character ideas can be good to keep in mind for future campaigns, whether as NPCs or players, so it can be a fun exercise to think about. I wouldn't say I've played in enough campaigns though to have a solid basis for more unique ideas for backup/future characters.
I had an idea for if this campaign here had been a traditional one instead of Mystery Dungeon: a lad who carried around a Turtwig until it was big enough to ride, and then of course it carried him around. All six of his team members would be rideable Pokemon.
Current project:
http://fringehikers.com/
Tabletop RPG PokeRole: http://pokemonuranium.co/forum/showthread.php?tid=789
"I encourage Sceptile to branch out."
I just had a rather jarring experience. Just turned on my 1400$ laptop (its a ROG Strix) and it said the Recycle Bin was corrupt. Fortunately one manual reboot and automated disc fix later, all was good.
The only character I had in terms of extra characters was a young lady (20's) named Pharma (iirc); she is the scrapped character that I used parts of for Karen. Although Pharma was designed if I had chosen to get involved in CCV and she never really got further than physical design.
[Image: 7V2sBYC.png]
(04-06-2023, 09:36 AM)Lord Windos Wrote: (...) On a completely seperate topic, I've got an interesting thought for all you to ponder: concerning Iron's Campaign, what other Characters did you have lined up to participate into it (or any ideas for such if you never had any pre-planned)? Been re-reading parts of it recently, and now in days Vens portions of it struck me as with a strange sense of 'wait, what?'  whenever he did....well, virtually anything after the relatively smooth sailing and tolerate experience we all had with Terra. I DID deliberately design the big lad to be the polar opposite of Ven in almost every way that counted and to be more in line with the overall design of the campaign, but it's still surprising to see how much my approach IC changed with him. (...)

Oh boi, that'd be something very very...interesting in both a positive and negative way if Ventus' own mother would join us all later on after Terra would leave. I can't deny that I honestly would enjoy it greatly to see her and how she plays out- both outta-chara due to her warped fairy-characteristics and because I'm curious how she and her mechanics would be in a battle; and in-chara via Shiva because fairies! and magic!!~ And because of her connection to Ven himself, I feel Shiva would relatively quickly notice very obviously that there must be a relation between these two (because yes, Ven DID show her his family album at some point and him opening up to her about his traumatic past had too much of an emotional impact on her to not connect the dots). ...Oh the emotional chaos it would enduce, but at the same time I feel it'd be fun to rp!

On the point of alternative characters for Skull Ruins - I had none designed/did not came up with any (^v^; ) Shiva as a playable chara was the first idea I came up with, and in the first draft she didn't have much of an interesting or specific background aside from prefering Fairy Types and wanting to be seen +noticed despite being very introverted. Most of it was developed and thought of along the way and planned ahead relatively short-term, mix-and-matched into the background depending on what I liked or found interesting to add/rp out, and inspired by watever Pokemon we encountered and she caught or befriended.

(04-06-2023, 06:41 PM)Mikaruge108 Wrote: I just had a rather jarring experience. Just turned on my 1400$ laptop (its a ROG Strix) and it said the Recycle Bin was corrupt. Fortunately one manual reboot and automated disc fix later, all was good. (...)

This is a massive mood, am very glad that you managed to work the issue out.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
(04-07-2023, 04:09 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote:
(04-06-2023, 09:36 AM)Lord Windos Wrote: (...) On a completely seperate topic, I've got an interesting thought for all you to ponder: concerning Iron's Campaign, what other Characters did you have lined up to participate into it (or any ideas for such if you never had any pre-planned)? Been re-reading parts of it recently, and now in days Vens portions of it struck me as with a strange sense of 'wait, what?'  whenever he did....well, virtually anything after the relatively smooth sailing and tolerate experience we all had with Terra. I DID deliberately design the big lad to be the polar opposite of Ven in almost every way that counted and to be more in line with the overall design of the campaign, but it's still surprising to see how much my approach IC changed with him. (...)

Oh boi, that'd be something very very...interesting in both a positive and negative way if Ventus' own mother would join us all later on after Terra would leave. I can't deny that I honestly would enjoy it greatly to see her and how she plays out- both outta-chara due to her warped fairy-characteristics and because I'm curious how she and her mechanics would be in a battle; and in-chara via Shiva because fairies! and magic!!~ And because of her connection to Ven himself, I feel Shiva would relatively quickly notice very obviously that there must be a relation between these two (because yes, Ven DID show her his family album at some point and him opening up to her about his traumatic past had too much of an emotional impact on her to not connect the dots). ...Oh the emotional chaos it would enduce, but at the same time I feel it'd be fun to rp!

On the point of alternative characters for Skull Ruins - I had none designed/did not came up with any (^v^; ) Shiva as a playable chara was the first idea I came up with, and in the first draft she didn't have much of an interesting or specific background aside from prefering Fairy Types and wanting to be seen +noticed despite being very introverted. Most of it was developed and thought of along the way and planned ahead relatively short-term, mix-and-matched into the background depending on what I liked or found interesting to add/rp out, and inspired by watever Pokemon we encountered and she caught or befriended.

You know, I'd be absolutely ecstatic to make a small, self contained RP session between Shiva and Ven's warped mother, though the scenario I had in mind would be Belladona replacing Terra entirely at the very beginning of his adventures with the group. She'd be the one to greet everyone after Ventus left and try to pass herself off as him 'replacement' , and from there...well, it'd depend on how Shiva would react to seeing her at the table. I'd also like to see how Nathan and Heart would react, but I ain't going to force Dragonstrike or Spiritmon into such a scenario - they're busy enough as it is!

Mechanically I can't say how Belladona would be in Iron's campaign - the closest thing I could imagine her being similar to how Scimitars used spells, only without using those Gauntlets and a bit more mischevious in her applications of Earthpower and fairy 'magics' . With high enough Earthpower and her Pokemon's help should could probably grant Blessings or Curses on a whim in and out of battle, depending on how she could draw and store the power. Heart's later shenanigans as the resident Archmage/Nature Guru King would be a good template for how'd she be late game power-wise, though she'd be far less overt and probably exploit the situation to make all the Deals in the world like a true whily Fairy would. 

If she were made for my OG Campaign, however, she'd probably be a walking Cursed Arm of Creation crossed with Alice, only without their downsides but less immediately exploitable. Expect Mew-like shenanigans abound if she were to ever hit the scene, though her version of playfulness would probably count as a grave offense and a nerve wracking experience for the psychic kitty.

Man, it seems like I was the only one prepared for my characters dying or getting replaced, though in retrospect that was probably 'cause I was less sure of what I wanted out of Iron's campaign. Ven was a right mess because of this, though he made for a FAR more interesting and energetic character because of it. You were never bored with him , that was for certain.