Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pokemon Rocket and an Untitled game
I am currently working on 2(!) fan-games, one is called Pokemon Rocket, it uses Pokemon Silver's Engine and is from the point of view of a Rocket Grunt rising through the ranks (this one is in beta) and the other one I haven't thought of any titles yet is using Fire Red's engine with custom character sprites, and added dungeons (using filler maps and unused data) (also still in development) they are both technically ROM hacks instead of from scratch, anyways I'd like to know if there is a work-around for the 1M circuit board error in fire red and some help with custom characters, cuz honestly, I'm blanking on a good design for the male character (I finished the movement sprite for the female PC and just need to make in-battle, surfing, fishing, and biking sprites) so much work for a novice hacker, so little time, a few screen caps from the Fire Red Hack (btw, kudos if you get the tv references)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: 7V2sBYC.png]
Both of them sound really interesting, especially the Rocket Grunt-centered one. The character sprite for the Fire Red ROMhack Untitled game looks a little out of place, but I'm sure that's just a product of not much else being changed due to its early development stage. I hope developing 2 games simultaneously works out for you.

To fix the 1M Circuit Board error, simply head to the Options, and go to Emulator>Save Type and change the flash type from 64K to 128K. I'm sure you'd like to write it out of the game entirely, but this is a good temporary fix for it.
Oh, a Rocket centered Pokemon game?  So few of those out there that are both completed and decent!  Hope this one turns out good!

Definitely interested in seeing where you go with these two ROM hacks.  Do keep up the hard work and keep us updated from time to time!
Good news and bad news concerning the rom hacks.
The good news is that I have some recorded gameplay that i will try to upload directly from my laptop (okay screen cap fest; the site won't let me do either option I was wanting to do; I REALLY do not want to use a 3rd party, such a youtube {I do have a youtube account, but its under my real name...})
The bad news is due to some repointing BS both rom images got corrupted. So I had to work from my last backup (which was the clean ROM)
*sigh*

(This is going to end up being a double post, so I can show all the updates I have, sorry)

Again, sorry about the double post, but that took up all the allowed attachments with 5/6 parts of just rocket's intro. btw, I am now calling the fire red hack "Pokemon Ultima".

Double-Posts should be all fine unless it contains spam or same content. Ahahahaha, that poster in Gary's + sister's house is just cute and hilarious. C:

Somehow I still believe that I'd make a bad Rocket Grunt and fail completely at every mission my playable chara would be entrusted with (I'm sorry, Giovanni!), but dungeons made of filler maps and unused data does sound decent~ Will both Rom Hack contain the usual Pokemon available in FireRed or will there be more and/or different?

And if you'd create a Brand Account on YouTube or even a complete new channel under a new mail-adress to upload that gameplay?
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
eh, screw it, not like the account is under my full name
Pokemon Rocket:
Pokemon Ultima: next post...
Pokemon Ultima (movement test, not much in terms of dialogue/ gameplay):

And to answer your question, phantom, i'm planning a catch 'em all with some fakemon in the filler data slots. (Don't know how well the fakemon will look... haven't started yet)
"Any failure during the mission will result in death" ...For real?! I'd be a dead kitty quickly, but it'd be a cool feature if the Game really goes 'Game Over' in such a case, if that's even possible to include into the Hack.

I'll eagerly await these few Fakemon!~ It's intriguing and weird both to see the player's chara in Ultima feat. completely different proportions and more details than the usual overworld sprites of NPCs. Keep her!
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
Bruh, did you just reference the Celadon City Vandals roleplaying campaign from these forums with that test of Pokemon Rocket's intro (even if it was only briefly with the character's name)?  'Cause I certainly wasn't expecting that if so!