Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Entirely Unofficial Skull Ruins OST Compilation
Well shoot. It seems Nintendo has started to copyright claim extensions of their music on BrawlBRSTMs3 X's channel, which means a lot of the links I've used are probably about to die because they're taking down all the extended music owned by Nintendo to hopefully prevent the channel from being shut down again.

Dang it.
Oh... Nintendo's laywers are still not done with their copyright-claim-rampage? Ugh. Well, it'd probably be a pretty dull work to switch all the links to extended music to non-extended/official pieces from the OST, would it? But that's a way how things could be fixed that instantly comes to my mind. I don't mind the pieces being much shorter in that case, one can always extend music by oneself if desired.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
bleh that means I'll have to re-check 46 of the songs I have saved. Already lost 3 songs before I could even use them ><;
[Image: 7V2sBYC.png]
(05-15-2019, 01:22 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: Oh... Nintendo's laywers are still not done with their copyright-claim-rampage? Ugh. Well, it'd probably be a pretty dull work to switch all the links to extended music to non-extended/official pieces from the OST, would it? But that's a way how things could be fixed that instantly comes to my mind. I don't mind the pieces being much shorter in that case, one can always extend music by oneself if desired.

I'm kinda wondering if bots are searching for stuff, or if actual legal teams are looking at this.

The community is rather outraged, obviously.  BrawlBRSTms3 X is one of the very few quality music extension channels that's actually still alive at this point.  If they're vocal enough, maybe that will save the videos (and there might be a good chance of that happening based on some of the comments I've seen from that community so far, as well as how quickly those comments were posted. There was a massive stream of them about an hour after the post went up. The very first comment I saw also claimed the takedowns could be stopped if the channel contacts Nintendo about it)

If I absolutely have to, I might go through and edit the links at a later point, but it could be a lot of work.  Not super challenging, given the internet is a large place and I have the names of the tracks, just time consuming.

(05-15-2019, 01:28 PM)Mikaruge108 Wrote: bleh that means I'll have to re-check 46 of the songs I have saved. Already lost 3 songs before I could even use them ><;

Keep in mind that the channel is going to be removing all those songs entirely to avoid more copyright claims, so even if those links are working now, they won't be likely to work later if the music is owned by Nintendo and this continues.

Currently, affected OSTs on the channel are (according to a list I found posted in the comments on the channel's community tab):
Kirby Triple Deluxe
Splatoon
Splatoon 2
Super Mario 64
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Super Mario Odyssey except Bonneton
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Wii Sports

That was about 3 hours ago, though. Not sure how much it might have changed since then, if at all.
Oh god damn it, Nintendo. Will you ever learn NOT to piss off your fans and ruin their works of love they made because of your IPs? Honestly, you're not convincing me to buy ANY of your products with that sort of attitude....

Hopefully Brawl will get themselves through that mess in one piece, or the Big N finally wises up and just let's its fans actually enjoy their harmless works. Seesh.....
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
Update on the status of Brawl's music extensions:

Welp, despite how vocal everyone was, Brawl doesn't seem to be making any extra effort to keep the content alive, so the removals of the extensions of Nintendo music have been happening rather quickly.  I noticed that Monster House! got removed at some point yesterday, and probably a whole lot more besides that.

If you guys wanted to use any music ownder by Nintendo that you wanted to use later and it was one of Brawl's videos that you were going to link, you'll probably have to find an alternate source now.

I'll continue to keep an eye on things for a little bit, though I'm not confident things are going to change, unfortunately.

I saw one person reuploading the SSBM soundtrack on their channel of their own volition, though one of the people that runs the Brawl channel has asked its community to please not reupload any of the removed videos.

We'll see what happens from here, I suppose. In the meantime...the internet is a large place, so alternative links that are close to what you were looking for originally are likely to abound no matter what, at least.
Another update on Brawl's status:

Well, Brawl seems to have made their mind up on the matter.  I'll just quote the post from their community tab on their channel.

At the very least, they are handling it very maturely.
Aw Nintendo, how much I f**** hate you. Worse thing it even despite they do such things, they are far from being poor. Great franchises, but stupid handle of fans.
Kogeki currently ability to active in battles: Anticipation.
(05-18-2019, 03:38 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: Aw Nintendo, how much I f**** hate you. Worse thing it even despite they do such things, they are far from being poor. Great franchises, but stupid handle of fans.

Sometimes.  While I honestly question some of their policies at times regarding fan works, they do honestly care about their fans in other areas.

This isn't the thread to be discussing this at length, though, so I'll stop there.

In any case...guess we're using sources other than Brawl for our music if we want to pull from anything Nintendo related.
Just to keep it from getting lost in the game thread:
Day 80:
In the Keni Card: Fantasy (Illusion)-Clannad (post)
[Image: 7V2sBYC.png]