Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Idea to fix the nuclear type
Most of you know me as a competitive player so I'll cut straight to the chase. Uranium'smeta is a strange one because it involves nuclear pokemon. These pokemon are the gimmick of the game but as we of the competitive community have discussed, the typing is a bit borked. 

Nuclear is super effective against everything but steel, and every is super effective against it. As has been talked to death, this esentially means a nuclear pokemon's speed stat is the only important stat it can have: anything it can outspeed, it can kill. Anything that outspeeds it will kill it in turn. 

This leads to rather polarizing tiering for nuclears. Some of them are so good they break the game (Nucleon) wheras others are barely even playable (Hazmat).

I would like to suggest a changing to the nuclear typing in order to balance it out. I realize this has been done before, but please hear me out. 

Now previously in pokemon, there was a actually a similar situation to the nuclear typing: Shadow Pokemon. My first suggestion is to impliment what nintendo did to the Shadow type to the Nuclear type: insert a script that makes all nuclear moves super effective, but ONLY super effective. This means that nuclear attacks deal 2x damage at max, and none of this 4x supereffectiveness that is omnipresent in the game. 

EG: Proton Beam against Yatagaryu = 2x damage instead of 4x. 

Alternatively, make nuclear attacks supereffective against half of the 18 types but nothing resists it. This would balance out what pokemon can tank nuclear attacks, perhaps even more so than mu previous suggestion.

My second suggestion, in order to make the nuclear typing less reliant on speed, is to rework its defensive nature. I propose that the nuclear typing has no resistances and has around 5-7 weaknesses, letting nuclear pokemon be at least a little better defensively. 

With these two changes, the nuclear typing will be far less reliant on speed, the meta will be far less polarizing to them, and things will actually stand a chance against Nucleon. 

Feel free to leave any comments.

#Makenuclearsgreatagain

Messages In This Thread
Idea to fix the nuclear type - by Cataclyptic - 09-24-2017, 01:36 AM
RE: Idea to fix the nuclear type - by shademonkey - 09-24-2017, 11:15 AM
RE: Idea to fix the nuclear type - by Lord Windos - 09-24-2017, 01:26 PM
RE: Idea to fix the nuclear type - by Cataclyptic - 09-24-2017, 04:42 PM
RE: Idea to fix the nuclear type - by Andyv2 - 05-14-2019, 03:11 PM
RE: Idea to fix the nuclear type - by Andyv2 - 05-15-2019, 02:00 PM
RE: Idea to fix the nuclear type - by Andyv2 - 05-19-2019, 07:02 PM
RE: Idea to fix the nuclear type - by Jabuloso - 05-20-2019, 08:06 PM