Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Idea for Vanilluxe
Hey

I had this idea a while ago which I shared with the awesome PhantomUnderYourDesk, but I would like to share it with you guys also and see what you think.

B/W are my 2nd favorite Pokemon games, and I love them, but they get a lot of hate by the fanbase for their pokemon designs (as you probably already know). Chief among that hate is the Vanilluxe line. While I personally don't agree with most of that hate, I have to say that Vanilluxe is a seriously wasted concept, and I came up with an idea to turn it from one of the most hated pokemon to one of the most loved.

The starting premise of this idea is that Vanilluxe changes from a bad Pokemon freezing anyone who tries to eat it, to a kid's best dream - never ending, regenerating ice cream!

The way this would work is that Vanillish can evolve into a number of different forms of Vanilluxe, representing the player's choice of flavored ice cream - as follows:
Cherry/Jalapeno - Vanilluxe becomes red, and turns into an Ice-Fire type
Blueberry - Vanilluxe becomes blue, and turns into an Ice-Water type
Mint/Apple - Vanilluxe becomes green, and turns into an Ice-Grass type
Banana - Vanilluxe becomes yellow, and turns into an Ice-Electric type
Peppermint - Vanilluxe becomes light blue, and turns into an Ice-Steel type
Coffee - Vanilluxe becomes brown, and turns into an Ice-Ground type (coffee grounds)
Chocolate - Vanilluxe becomes black, and turns into an Ice-Dark type (both from DARK chocolate and due to chocolate being most kid's cause of weight problems, which makes it somewhat evil)
Grape - Vanilluxe becomes purple, and turns into an Ice-Psychic type (a reference to drinking)
You are welcome to add more forms if you have ideas for flavors... 

Said forms would be obtained by having Vanillish eating the corresponding Berry in battle, which would cause him to "learn the player's preferred flavor" and evolve into that form

In addition, you could have either the evil team or Looker's guys corrupting a Vanillish, injecting it with toxins and adding an atomiser mechanism, turning it into a spy device capable of poisoning their enemies while disguised as ice-cream, similar to real-life CIA and Mossad devices. This form would have the unique Ice/Poison type, could be reached by the player after completing the relevant episode of the story - much later than the others and would have +20 in SP.Attack, Speed and HP compared to them 

Let me know what you think!
I think its a interesting and awesome concept! That would be a unique type of evolution and would make many possible combinations of moves and types. I just imagine what kind of Ability each type would have.
Kogeki currently ability to active in battles: Anticipation.
(08-28-2018, 06:45 AM)Spiritmon Wrote: I think its a interesting and awesome concept! That would be a unique type of evolution and would make many possible combinations of moves and types. I just imagine what kind of Ability each type would have.

Thanks so much! Comments like that make my day...
Anyway, I was originally thinking of Vanilluxe learning a signature move - "Flavor Power" - which would be a base 90 Special Attack move with 100% accuracy that changes type according to the evolution (a la Oricorio), but your way sounds better due to Vanilluxe having an extremely limited movepool currently.
Regarding abilities, I was stumped for the regular Vanilluxes, but I would give the Poison alternate one an ability that poisons the opposing Pokemon when Vanilluxe makes contact with it - which would go along with it being a spy tool. I would love to hear your ideas on the matter though...
Also, one thing I forgot to mention is a fix for the fact that the Ice/Water version would never be used due to there being better Ice-Water types out there - I would have an anime episode where Ash and his friends are travelling and go by an ice-cream van that is giving out free Vanilluxes, and while everyone rushes the shop and chooses their favorite flavor, Ash waits and chooses Pikachu's favorite - which would be the Ice-Water one due to Electric being strong against it... Then in future episodes of the anime you would see Pikachu licking his Vanilluxe while travelling.
Thanks again
Oh yes, I remember you once sharing this ideas of yours with me! I still quite like it as I actually enjoy the Vanilluxe line in concept and design.

I'm missing an Ice/Rock and an Ice/Fairy Version... How about turning light brown or amber after consuming a Charti Berry, representing Cinnamon, Cookie Dough or Cookies and Cream flavour? Same for Fairy, turning pastel pink with a Roseli Berry to become Cotton Candy (aka Fairy Floss) or Raspberry Flavour?

Or giving the Chilan Berry more usage by making it turn Vanilluxe into an Ice/Normal Type and taste like Vanilla...
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
(08-28-2018, 03:43 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: Oh yes, I remember you once sharing this ideas of yours with me! I still quite like it as I actually enjoy the Vanilluxe line in concept and design.

I'm missing an Ice/Rock and an Ice/Fairy Version... How about turning light brown or amber after consuming a Charti Berry, representing Cinnamon, Cookie Dough or Cookies and Cream flavour? Same for Fairy, turning pastel pink with a Roseli Berry to become Cotton Candy (aka Fairy Floss) or Raspberry Flavour?

Or giving the Chilan Berry more usage by making it turn Vanilluxe into an Ice/Normal Type and taste like Vanilla...

I didn't want an Ice/Fairy version, as I felt it would be too powerful compared to the others and hurt the balance... However, I like your Ice/Rock and Ice/Normal ideas a lot, thanks! 

I really wish someone from GF would follow these forums, there is a lot of good content here that they could really use
(08-29-2018, 09:24 AM)Shai Wrote:
(08-28-2018, 03:43 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: Oh yes, I remember you once sharing this ideas of yours with me! I still quite like it as I actually enjoy the Vanilluxe line in concept and design.

I didn't want an Ice/Fairy version, as I felt it would be too powerful compared to the others and hurt the balance... However, I like your Ice/Rock and Ice/Normal ideas a lot, thanks! 

I really wish someone from GF would follow these forums, there is a lot of good content here that they could really use

Or sue us, lol.
Current project:
http://fringehikers.com/
Tabletop RPG PokeRole: http://pokemonuranium.co/forum/showthread.php?tid=789
"I encourage Sceptile to branch out."
(08-29-2018, 09:24 AM)Shai Wrote: I didn't want an Ice/Fairy version, as I felt it would be too powerful compared to the others and hurt the balance...

Huh, why would it hurt the balance...? In fact Ice/Fairy Type sports quite many Type Weakness, taking Alolan Ninetales as an example.
Speaking of fairies, how about Raspberry and turning light purple or violet via a Haban Berry to become Ice/Dragon Type?

Yes, and I'd agree with Iron that we'd better remain hidden and not raise Gamefreak's or Nintendo's attention for our own and Uranium's safety. I can definitely see your Vanilluxe Idea in a FanGame or ROM Hack though!
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
(08-29-2018, 11:38 AM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote:
(08-29-2018, 09:24 AM)Shai Wrote: I didn't want an Ice/Fairy version, as I felt it would be too powerful compared to the others and hurt the balance...

Huh, why would it hurt the balance...? In fact Ice/Fairy Type sports quite many Type Weakness, taking Alolan Ninetales as an example.
Speaking of fairies, how about Raspberry and turning light purple or violet via a Haban Berry to become Ice/Dragon Type?

Yes, and I'd agree with Iron that we'd better remain hidden and not raise Gamefreak's or Nintendo's attention for our own and Uranium's safety. I can definitely see your Vanilluxe Idea in a FanGame or ROM Hack though!

Haha, agreed about Nintendo... Someone over there really slipped on a banana peel  Angry That kind of attitude is the reason Japan's economy is failing...
Anyway, what movesets would we have on the different versions (besides the signature Flavor Power)?
P.S. What do you guys think about my Sinnoh Legendaries post?
Don't have much to say about this, other than the fact its an interesting (if somewhat gimmicky/overly elaborate) idea. Its not going to happen since Nintendo/Gamefreak wouldn't add such an extensive list of alter Evos for an relatively unpopular Pokémon, and the only Pokemom capable of being all types are Arceas and the Silavy line, which are fairly unique/important Pokémon. Still, its good to brainstorm such things, especially if you have plans to build a fangame with them in it!

No opinion on the Sinnoh post, however, as I haven't read it yet. Will get back to you on that in its own thread reply eventually, though!
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
Interesting concept on Vanilluxe.  Would love to see this used somewhere.  That's the fun thing about fangames, it allows people to explore ideas that the canon games will probably never incorporate (although given that Audino of all Pokemon got a Mega... well, never say never!).

The first thing that came to mind when you mentioned Chocolate Vanilluxe was Pokefarm Q's melanistic Vanilluxe sprite...
[Image: Pok%C3%A9mon_Vanilluxe_Melan.png]
Too bad PFQ's albino/melan Pokemon don't change types!

Also, Ice/Rock -- Rocky Road, of course! Big Grin