Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Phantom's Art Thread - just Pokemon
(11-02-2018, 07:50 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: I agree with you for the most part (I do not agree she did good on the basic Learnset, and I mean that in a critical not mean way)...

Technically speaking, it's not a finished work yet as far as using it in an actual pokerole game goes, as it still needs stats, Abilities, and maybe some moveset changes/additions to go with it (already had one change because Phantom felt it fit better, and potential egg and tutor moves could also be added in), so I'm reserving any critical judgements for the time being since I don't think it'd be fair to compare it to how standard Orchynx and Metalynx play.  In any case, I'm eagerly awaiting to see where else Phantom takes her creation so I can use it in my campaign.  And if Phantom doesn't fill all the blanks in, I'll fill the remaining ones myself if she's fine with that.  (though I'm not super great at art, so I can only hope that Phantom draws both the evolution and maybe also the mega)
(11-02-2018, 12:45 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote:

Whew.....that's a relief. Glad you are so understanding, my dear! Thank you~!

I don't think that's a problem in all honestly, since anyone should be able to have fun making Pokemon without having to worry about optimal/competitive play if they don't want to. Same goes for playing the Pokemon games. Still, I wanted to offer my critisim about D-Orchynx since I just found it to be lackluster/weak aside from its design - which looks very cool and cute, again! Conceptually, D-Orchynx is awesome, and can be made to work in Pokerole rather well, but in practice I would find it too difficult to use myself unless it was MUCH faster than the regular line, and had a good Movepool backing it up too. 

But hey, that's just me opinion, so take it with some sugar and spice!

I do find that Ice Shard would be an excellent move change for D-Orchnyx, so I'm glad you made that change!
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
(11-02-2018, 08:00 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: Technically speaking, it's not a finished work yet as far as using it in an actual pokerole game goes, as it still needs stats, Abilities, and maybe some moveset changes/additions to go with it (already had one change because Phantom felt it fit better, and potential egg and tutor moves could also be added in), so I'm reserving any critical judgements for the time being since I don't think it'd be fair to compare it to how standard Orchynx and Metalynx play.  (...)

Er.....considering the D-Orchynx/Metalynx are varients of regular Orchynx/Metalynx, I do think its perfectly fair and reasonable to compare them to each other, like how Kanto Pokemon and their Alolan version are compared. I do agree that banging on about it right now when the whole design process for it is still incomplete is not needed anymore at this point, so I'll shut my trap now!
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
(11-02-2018, 08:00 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: (...) Technically speaking, it's not a finished work yet as far as using it in an actual pokerole game goes, as it still needs stats, Abilities, and maybe some moveset changes/additions to go with it (already had one change because Phantom felt it fit better, and potential egg and tutor moves could also be added in) (...)
(11-02-2018, 08:07 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: (...) Still, I wanted to offer my critisim about D-Orchynx since I just found it to be lackluster/weak aside from its design - which looks very cool and cute, again! Conceptually, D-Orchynx is awesome, and can be made to work in Pokerole rather well, but in practice I would find it too difficult to use myself unless it was MUCH faster than the regular line, and had a good Movepool backing it up too. (...)

It's definitely not finished since, as said, the whole concept has been made up during one evening within 1 to 2 hours. I like the design despite the drawing's slightly messy though, with a bit more time and effort invested it can only become better. I'll certainly fill in any blanks concerning Stats, ?-moves, Ability and so on at some point when having the time and muse to make it useable as that seems to be desired. Wouldn't have thought that'd be the case, but it's a nice feeling and almost a small honor! ^//^

Constructive critism like you gave, Windos, is always useful also as it helps anyone who dabbles in a form of art to get better. At least, that's what I think! I should probably thank you for input instead of you worrying about it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now then, what I actually wanted to say... Found the following this morning when stopping by at Eeveebailey's CreatorsCollective Discord Server, as Laissure#7081 happened to sprite my Delta Orchynx!! (≧ω≦) Made me smile for an hour, thank you again so much for this nice suprise!
[Image: tumblr_phmg9vMvg41vh0d58o1_100.png]

I'll probably edit it a bit to emphasize the lynx-traits, but apart from that it looks so sweet and good. They also mentioned wanting to make Alternative Types/Forms of every other 'Mon in Uranium's Dex now!
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
(11-03-2018, 10:06 AM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: Now then, what I actually wanted to say... Found the following this morning when stopping by at Eeveebailey's CreatorsCollective Discord Server, as Laissure#7081 happened to sprite my Delta Orchynx!! (≧ω≦) Made me smile for an hour, thank you again so much for this nice suprise!
[Image: tumblr_phmg9vMvg41vh0d58o1_100.png]

I'll probably edit it a bit to emphasize the lynx-traits, but apart from that it looks so sweet and good. They also mentioned wanting to make Alternative Types/Forms of every other 'Mon in Uranium's Dex now!

That looks adorable ^_^  Definitely looking forward to seeing it touched up a little eventually.

If they do make more, it'd be awseome to see them posted here on the forums!  (If that's fine with the creator, of course)
(11-03-2018, 05:56 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: If they do make more, it'd be awseome to see them posted here on the forums!  (If that's fine with the creator, of course)

I've asked on the Server whether they'd be up to share them here as well, they said they'll get to that soon. ^^
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
Forgive me for having to throw you out of MainPage, Sylvaret, aaaaahhhh >_<;

Nothing much, just a redraw of that snowy regional variant of Orchynx I made up last Inktober, with the design slighty edited.

[Image: Snowy_Orchynx_PNG.png]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
Want!
Current project:
http://fringehikers.com/
Tabletop RPG PokeRole: http://pokemonuranium.co/forum/showthread.php?tid=789
"I encourage Sceptile to branch out."
(08-12-2019, 03:37 PM)Iron Wrote: Want!

Soon™!
With today being the last day of September, guess I can and maybe should share my Fakeathon-creations here on the board as well in addition to the Creator's Collective Server.

What the heck is 'Fakeathon'?
--> Basically a drawing challenge lasting for a month, hosted by Twitch herself. The goal's to create 30 Fakemon, one for each day. Can be a completely new creature, or a pre-evo, Mega, new evolution of an already existing Pokemon. No redesigns or recolors though.

This year's theme's 'Myths and Legends', with the following prompt list:
[Image: EDEdHuYXsAED5z5.png?width=441&height=473]
Full FAQ with wikipedia-links to every prompt-creature (Google-Doc)
Twitch's fakeathon Twitter-Post

Decided to make some new Eeveelutions for some of the prompts, because I can and wanted, and give everyone a custom Ability.

Mothman for Day 6: Obscureon

Tanuki for Day 7: Nyctereon

Kamaitachi for Day 11: Unnamed (Slasheon?)

Angel for Day 15: Serapheon

Peryton for Day 24: Unnamed

Anubis for Day 25: Aarueon
As a link because I can't add more than five attachments to a post.

That's all! Serapheon's my favorite, but I'm lowkey-proud of my Peryton also. <3

Next is Inktober. I somewhat really like such monthly drawing challenges, as they are giving me some purpose and things to draw, especially during fall where my mood tends to naturally drop. Till then, and enjoy~
--Windos is my OTP ❤---