Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
[Guide] Competitive Analysis: Laissure
(09-30-2016, 02:50 AM)TwistedLogic Wrote: Something I'd like to note is that Laissure has nearly identical stats to Garchomp, and many of the same moves. While I haven't tested it out directly, I think that the standard TankChomp set may work well on Laissure (with perhaps some modifications to the EV spread to deal with Uranium's unique threats). Perhaps something like:

Laissure @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe <----- Subject to change after analysis
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- (coverage move) <--------- Perhaps Ice Fang or Fire Blast?

Tankchomp with Rocky Helmet works because Garchomp has Rough Skin, and it's easier for Chomp to tank to begin with since it's Dragon typing gives it a myriad of useful resistances. Not saying that Laissure can't pull off a similarly effective set, although I don't know of Chomp is the best comparison for the reasons I stated...
poweroftibarn Wrote:Tankchomp with Rocky Helmet works because Garchomp has Rough Skin, and it's easier for Chomp to tank to begin with since it's Dragon typing gives it a myriad of useful resistances. Not saying that Laissure can't pull off a similarly effective set, although I don't know of Chomp is the best comparison for the reasons I stated...
Oh, no doubt. I just saw it as in interesting parallel. And while it may only deal half the damage because it doesn't have Rough Skin, it arguably makes up for it in survivability due to Intimidate. I'd have to do calcs to see just how much it would lose out on in terms of damage output, but it could work. Do note that this was just a random thought I had at like four in the morning, so it could very well be half-baked. Tongue
(09-30-2016, 02:24 PM)TwistedLogic Wrote:
poweroftibarn Wrote:Tankchomp with Rocky Helmet works because Garchomp has Rough Skin, and it's easier for Chomp to tank to begin with since it's Dragon typing gives it a myriad of useful resistances. Not saying that Laissure can't pull off a similarly effective set, although I don't know of Chomp is the best comparison for the reasons I stated...
Oh, no doubt. I just saw it as in interesting parallel. And while it may only deal half the damage because it doesn't have Rough Skin, it arguably makes up for it in survivability due to Intimidate. I'd have to do calcs to see just how much it would lose out on in terms of damage output, but it could work. Do note that this was just a random thought I had at like four in the morning, so it could very well be half-baked. Tongue
A half baked idea is still an idea. Look at all my guides, after all~! Big Grin
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650