Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[Game] Lord Windos' PokeRole Adventure: Celadon City Vandel
#11
This was it...it was finally time.  They'd show these trainers and pokemon just how powerful and skilled they were.  All those years of hard work...it was all finally going to come to fruition...

Wait, when did Weavile have money?  And...his hat?  "Damn it Weavile, you're way to good at Pickpocketing for your own good.  You know that, right?"  Another shrug from the cat.  He couldn't help it.  It was way too easy for him.  He hands the hat and money back, though.  No need to steal from his friends, after all.  They'd get everything back anyways, since he stole for them as well as himself.

"Arbok, we'll find ya a good warmup when we get out there.  I'm sure you're eager for a battle today, after all.  Actually, that reminds me..."

Reiner turns back to the chest containing his belongings and starts digging through it again.  "Can't leave home without these..."

He pulls out a Scope Lens, an Expert Belt, and...an Arbokite.  All items he and Weavile had acquired on solo missions.  Reiner fits the Scope Lens onto Kingdra's head and ties the Expert Belt on Arbok's sinuous body, then pockets the Arbokite.  "We still need to find a Key Stone so you can use that Arbokite, buddy.  I have no idea what the heck it'll turn ya into, but I do know it's probably going to be suitably terrifying and powerful.  I'm sure you'll love it.  Maybe one of the back channels will know where I might find one...I've been sitting on this for far too long...but first, let's scope out the area, see if there's any easy targets this early in the day..."  He recalls his pokemon and heads out of the HQ.  Upon getting outside the Game Corner, he dons the sunglasses and lets Weavile out once again.  Time to get to work.

It didn't take long for Reiner and Weavile to find two easy targets.  A young girl who was just wandering around the town and a vendor who had set up his fruit stand early and close to the outskirts of the festival.  The girl didn't look like she was going anywhere any time soon.  Nobody was around the fruit stand except the vendor and the chef, either...looks like a prime first target to start things off.  Time to casually stroll over there and see what's up.  Maybe take a look at some of the fruit for sale while Weavile does his job.
Reply
#12
Weavile Auto Pickpocket Roll: (4) Rarity: (1) Well darn, this early in the game, eh?

Weavile Theft Attempt: Insight (4*) + Knowledge (2) + Stealth (1) + Surprise (1) = 8 Dice
(6)(2)(5)(3)(2)(1)(3)(6) = 3 Successes

Awarness Check: Insight (2) + Knowledge (3) + Alert (2) = 7 Dice
(2)(4)(5)(2)(3)(6)(4)= 4 Successes Welp

Weavile was casually viewing the street, looking for a prime target to 'liberate' their funds from. Spotting a punk with head phone jammed into his ears and looking at his smart phone, the artic ferret cofendating walk towards and past them....before tripping on a Rock on the pavement. Instantly he falls, tearing up half the teenager's pants and their entire wallet in the process. By the look of the thugs face as they angrly rip their buds out of their ears and summoned a Primeape right by their side, they are not too happy with this event.

"YOU FUCKING COCKSUCKING CAT! PRIMEAPE, MASH THAT TRASH'S FACE UNTIL ITS MESSED UP AS MY JEANS!!!" The simian look more than happy to comply with their request, smashing one fist into another and grinding them together.

Initative:
Primeape: DEX (2) + Survival (2) + Roll (5) = 9
Weavile: DEX (2) + Survival (0) + Roll (1) = 3 Bloody hell, the dice hate you right now mate!

Furious Primeape Round 1
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650

Reply
#13
Welp, so much for casually strolling up to the fruit stand...now there was a public disturbance to deal with...if this punk wanted a fight, so be it.  He could learn a thing or two about manners, after all...

Weavile knows he's screwed up immediately.  And that he should probably get the heck out of there.  That Primeape was going to mess him up pretty badly if he didn't...Reiner would have his back, though.  He always does.

Weavile is going to attempt to evade the Primeape's attack and get the heck out of the way while Reiner summons some backup in the form of an angry Arbok.  Provoked battle or not, Reiner's not going to let this monkey mess up his kitty if he can help it.

Evasion: 2 Dexterity + 4 Fight + 1 Evasion + 2 Single Action = 9 D6
Reply
#14
Furious Primeape Round 1

Karate Chop
Accuracy Pool: DEX (2) + Fight (2) + Brawl (3) + Single Action (2) = Pool 9
(4)(2)(5)(5)(6)(4)(5)(6)(6) = 8 Success, Reshirim forgive that is a Super Crit!

Weavile, embrassed at the clumsy and sloppy job he did, tries his best to safely dash to his master's side!

Evade: (4)(1)(5)(4)(3)(2)(6)(5)(2) = 5 Success; At least they dodged the Crit!

...but gets nailed square on his exposed back as he turned tail and run.

Damage: STR (3) + 3 + STAB (1) + SE (+2 Auto) = 4d6 + 2 Pool
(4)(4)(6)(5)= Weavile takes 6 Damage.

The artic feline lets out a screeching yowl of pain as the blow landed, then limps over to your side and glares daggers at the simian. You immediantly release Arbok in response , who for their part was extremely anger that his buddy got brutalized like they did! *Hiiiissss!*

Arbok's Ini : (3) Arbok moves after Weavile.

The Punk was unimpressed by your giant cobra, and was quick to jeerly call you out for summoning it. "What are you, some bleeding heart Pokémon lover?! Scram, before I break in your kneecaps like a brand new pair of shoes!!!'

Furious Primeape Round 2
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650

Reply
#15
"Kid, that's MY Weavile you're primate is messing with.  You've messed him up enough.  Go on, skedaddle.  If you insist on continuing, you'll be answering to my snake instead of the cat.  And maybe the police afterwards if I feel you're threatening lethal force.'"  Maybe an attempt at intimidation would dissuade this punk from causing more trouble...

This has happened plenty of times before.  Somehow, Weavile always seemed to slip up when his target just so happens to have a fighting type pokemon on hand.  And it was up to Arbok to bail him out.  Again.  He knew the drill.  If the fight continued, he'd wrap up the fighting type and then hit them with an Acid Spray.  Weavile, as usual, would keep the cobra between him and the fighting type and avoid the battle entirely for now.

Wrap
Accuracy: 2 Dex + 4 Fight + 1 Brawl - 1 Acc - 2 Actions = 4 D6
Damage: 1 Power + 3 Strength = 4 D6 base
Effect: Blocks for 4 rounds.  Does 2 D6 typeless damage at the end of each round.

Acid Spray
Accuracy: 2 Dex + 4 Fight + 1 Canalize - 3 Actions = 4 D6
Damage: 2 Power + 3 Strength + 1 STAB = 6 D6 base
Effect: Lowers target's Strength by 2.
Reply
#16
(07-25-2017, 04:11 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: "Kid, that's MY Weavile you're primate is messing with.  You've messed him up enough.  Go on, skedaddle.  If you insist on continuing, you'll be answering to my snake instead of the cat.  And maybe the police afterwards if I feel you're threatening lethal force.'"  

Reiner's Intimidation: STR (2) + Fight (4) + Intimidate (1) + Threating Police (1) = Pool 8 Dice
(2)(2)(6)(5)(4)(3)(4)(2) = 4 Success
Young Punk's Resistence: STR (3) + Fight (2) + Intimidate (1) = Pool 6 Dice
(3)(1)(2)(2)(1)(6) = 0 Successes; Your luck finally turns around!

The thought of not only facing a furious Arbok that seemed intent to devour his Primeape (Judging by its hungry look and the panicked response his bro was giving) , but having to face off against the police on top of that made the Punk hold both hands up in the air in alarm and surrender. They didn't want to go back to the slammer, not after they just got out a week ago!

"Alright, alright, I'll get! No need to call the po-po over this...this scuffle, right? Come one Primeape, let's beat feat to the bar. Maybe my boss can give me an advance for a new pair of pants..." Grumbling obscenities under his breath, the teenager made a hasty get away, with his simian amigo chasing after him gratefully.

Fortunately for the both of you, the young Punk didn't have any cash on him in his now multched wallet at the time, so he was not going continue raising a fuss about it. Not if its going cause him to spend more time behind bars, or possibly have his monkey in the belly of the snake....

Reiner gets 2 XP for successfully disfusing a violetile situation, while Weavile gets nothing but the bruises he left with.

Do you want to continue to the Tamayaki Stand, or head towards the Pokémon Center to get Weavile healed up to Full? Either action costs an Encounter slots, since in this game the Centers insta heal all Pokémon regardless of time. Or you can do something else instead. Up to you!
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650

Reply
#17
Reiner watches the kid leave.  Once the coast is clear, he recalls Arbok.  "Don't worry, we'll find you a battle later, buddy.  No reason to kick up a fuss right now, after all."

Weavile was in a bad way.  It was a miracle he hadn't been outright KOed, frankly.  When the weasel screwed up, it was almost always a spectacular failure.  While checking out that fruit stand was still tempting...he didn't want to risk anything with his main thief on the ropes already.  Time to beat an unwanted retreat to the Center.  The fruit stand wasn't likely to sprout legs and walk away, after all.  They could always come back under the cover of night.

This little walk had been...discouraging, to say the least.  Maybe he'd have better luck looking into finding a Key Stone...where there's a large gathering of people in a city, there's almost always a shady someone in the know, after all...those alleyways seemed as good a place as any to start once Weavile was patched up.
Reply
#18
Day 1: Sunday Evening

You and Weavile make it safely to the Pokémon Center, where to the attending Nurse Joy quickly heals and returns them to your possession. When you both leave the center and began exploring the ally ways, you at first find nothing of particular interest, besides a few scavenging Pidgies and Meowth not worth wasting a Hacked Pokeball on. You were about to turn around and leave, though, when you heard a deep, husky, yet strangely feminine chuckle.

A few plodding steps could be heard from further along the dark maul of the alleyway, until a heavily robbed and hooded figure appeared, like a spector in the night.

[Image: latest?cb=20120116022101]

Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgnZ9w5ghwE (Serenity)

"Hahehaheha...well, whet huve we here? A Rocket Grunt exploring me ally? I cen tell from yu cap; nut anywun would knew whet to luk fer, but I'd be outa biz if I weren't gud at spottin custamas! You found me shup, so Ai sey antu yue ... WELCOME! Whet ya luking fer, stranga? Weapons, drugs, contraband or rare items? I huv them all ! Ai even trade infu and secrets, fer tha right price..."

Weavile's Auto Pickpocket Roll: (4) Rarity (6)

Weavile slyly shows you a Syringe filled with deep red liquid, before carefully putting it in your pocket. The mysterious stranger, keen of eye, catches the act, but just lets out another husky chuckle. "Cunsider thet e free semple, stranga. Thet fortifies ya and heals sume demege , end it cen even be osd by tha Pokémon! Impressed? I heve mure than that in sture..."

New Custom Item! Fortifying Shot!
Cost: 500 (Purchase: 1000)
Use: Heals 2 HP or 1 Lethal Damage, and raises target's Defense by 1 for the rest of the Encounter/Scene; can also be used as a held item. The wonders of modern/illegal medicine...
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650

Reply
#19
Yep.  Exactly what Reiner had been expecting to find.  They seemed to both know their business and how to protect it too...

"Weavile, if you could please refrain from picking their pockets in the future, I'm sure that would be appreciated.  We might be here more than just the once, after all.

"Well then, you certainly look like you know your stuff.  I take it you've dealt with some of our grunts before?  Regardless, I'm looking for a particular item currently."

Reiner pulls out the Arbokite briefly, then pockets it again.  "I'm sure I don't need to tell you what that is.  I'm looking for the stone that compliments it and resonates with its power."
Reply
#20
(07-25-2017, 07:26 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: Yep.  Exactly what Reiner had been expecting to find.  They seemed to both know their business and how to protect it too...

"Weavile, if you could please refrain from picking their pockets in the future, I'm sure that would be appreciated.  We might be here more than just the once, after all.

"Well then, you certainly look like you know your stuff.  I take it you've dealt with some of our grunts before?  Regardless, I'm looking for a particular item currently."

Reiner pulls out the Arbokite briefly, then pockets it again.  "I'm sure I don't need to tell you what that is.  I'm looking for the stone that compliments it and resonates with its power."

"Aie, Ai huve. Sume wanted drugs, uthers some weapons yue cun't get without discersiun. Dun business with all yue mubster types, from Kanto to Tandor, end everywhere inbetween. Where their's a boyer, I'm right there to sellum whet they want, hehahehahe!"

A brief glimsp of all the mysterious merchant needed to deduce what he was looking for, before letting off that strange laugh of theirs. "Whut's this now, yue luking fer e Keystone to activate that Arobkite or yuers? Hehaheha... efreid to borst yer bobble , but even Ai dun't heve one of them in stuck. Et leest, nut presently. Kalos guards their sopply like demn Dragons, so getting one is ewleys a trickin proposition. It cust yer $20000 Poke or more even if Ai hed one , su onless yue hiding sume serious cesh, yeor out of lock!"

Before you had a chance to respond back at them(?) , they scruy up real close to you, looking to their side both ways, be whispering furitively at you. "But....Ai mey knuw of e few pussible methuds of grebbing one fer yourself . Thet is...if yue heve something thet cen refresh me memory...." A hand with beautifully red painted fingernails extended in front of Reiner, and those beady eyes of their look awfully suggestive...
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650

Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)