Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Game] Lord Windos' PokeRole Adventure: Celadon City Vandel
"Didn't expect you to have one, really.  Information's just fine."  Reiner is mostly unfazed by the suggestive look, but he knew he'd get nowhere without some sort of payment...

Reiner reaches into his pocket and pulls out $500, which he hands to the merchant.  "If that's not enough of a 'memory jogger,' maybe Weavile and I could assist with, shall we say, 'acquiring' an item or two later down the line.  If you haven't figured it out yet..."

Reiner tosses a pokeball behind him, and out comes Kingdra, looking proud and powerful as ever!

"...you're not dealing with just another grunt."

It's not a threat, but it's clearly a statement.
Chuckling a bit, they took the money offered to them, their (her?) hand retreating back into the folds of their enveloping cloathing, before they retreat a more respectful distance away. "A Kingdra, Weavile en e Arbok...hehahe, yue sore ere nut the usual thog Ai get. I hevta wunder, though, why yue wurkin fer them with that cadre of yuers ? Between the Dragon Scales and the Snake Skin yue cen hervest , end tha combined firepower yue hold, it would be a cinch fer yue to gu independent end meke eh title fer yuerself," they say, tilting their houdded head curiously at Reiner, before making what looks to be a shrugging motion.

"Or werk for me, if yue be interested. Elweys cen use eh sopplier and quality muscle like yue in me network. If yue ever get tired of Team Rocket or lend in sume hotwater with them, I'd be mure then heppy tu huve yue ebruod me team. I heve en eye fer detail, end Ai knuw eh gem when Ai see one," they continued, before shaking their head slightly to themselves. "Ah, but thet ain't whet yue ceme here fer, is it? Alright, enuf of me nattering, let's git duwn with biz."

"Ferm whet I've gathered, their are currently 3 Keystone holders in Celadon right now, with one coming this Tuesday. Tha first twu are eh couple of luvbirds thet ere absolutely psychoctically in luv with each other. Callem Romeo and Juilet, fer self evident reason yue'll see fer yueself if ya meet them. Got eh Garvedour and Gallade between the buth of them, and they ain't afraid of using Lethal Force to protect one another, as well as hunt duwn anyone they think is trying to steal their respective love, the utterly paranoid natters they are. Cuver their track well, though, so the Police won't see them es a threet...until its tuu late fer them to ect. If yue can successfully rob them end their equally crazy Pokémon, though, you stand to make eh hefty sum... They have matching violent hair dues, su they ain't hard to miss when yue if ya ron ecruss them."

"Next one is some bluke thet is coming tuu tha city this Tuesday. Name's Agemi Strans , end he's sume demonstrator straight from Kalos. He wents tu show Kanto people this puwer of theirs in urder to encourage turism tu his region, end potentially get Erika interested in establishing eh trede agreement of surts. Plen to make a big speech end demustretion on Wednesday before leaving Thursday, but yue can possible cetch them early ur late if you can treck down where they be staying. They heve a Pigeot end Kangeskhan on them, fer buth topical demstration end protection. Et least he ain't crazy, thugh, so it mey be possible tu cunvice him tu pert weys with his, one wey or another."

"Final one is in the pussesion of sumone named Mitchell, frem whet little Ai gethered. The bastard is soprisely astute enuf to keep me infurments scratching our heads end in tha derk, su Ai dun't heve any real infu on them. Jost thet they be in tha city, and they are mighty dangerous frem tha sounds I getting. Yuer on ya own if yue went to gu after thet spook."

They finished up their speech with nary a pause for breath, before nodding their head at Reiner. "Thet's all I knew about Keystone. Are yue luking fer anything else, stranga, ur is thet all fer now?"
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
"Why I'm working for Team Rocket is none of your business currently.  Just know that I have my own goals to accomplish.  I appreciate the out if things go sour, but I doubt I'll need it.  I haven't been climbing the ranks of Team Rocket for two years just to be booted out now."

Ugh.  Gardevoir and Gallade.  Two pokemon he was absolutely not keen on facing, particularly since either of them could easily go Mega.  Indirect confrontation would likely be the way to go with that one if he chose that route...

Agemi Strans, from the Kalos region...interesting...and again, either of his pokemon could go Mega if he was confronted...hmmm...

And Mitchell...there was only one person that could be..."Hehehe...I think you'd be interested in knowing that Mitchell has gotten on my boss's bad side recently.  Last name's Malcolm, and he has family in Valerie Malcolm as well.  If you happen to see either of them..."

Reiner pulls out the photos of the two of them and shows them to the merchant.  "...I'd be very interested in hearing about it.  The last thing you want to do is get on my boss's bad side, and these two seem to have both taken the cake and eaten it as well in that area, seeing as he wants them dead.  They're both more dangerous than they might look at first.  They apparently have connections to the National Guard, so you'll probably want to keep your distance."  He pockets the photos again.

"Anyways, thank you for the information.  My boss has given me quite the list of things to do over the next week, and I really must be going.  But there's a good chance we'll run into each other again, I'm sure."

Reiner recalls Kingdra, and then gets ready to leave the alleyways behind if the merchant has nothing else to say.  That little girl from earlier was likely still hanging around somewhere, and Reiner had a feeling she'd be a decent warm up for Arbok's battle skills.
The merchant doesn't react at all to your rebuttal of their offer, other than a slight nod of their head. When Reiner began to talk about his boss targets and shows their pictures, the Merchant let out a started hiss and rapidly backed away from those photos, as if they were about to attack them. "Malcom?! By Arceas, the Night Terror is here in Celadon, and I didn't fucking know about it?!" they shouted at them, all traces of their thick accent gone with the wind. Worridly shaking their head, they paced back in forth in place for a moment, muttering 'its too late to skip town' or something around those lines, before whirling in place an pointing a red tipped finger at them.

"Listen here, and listen well, for I will not repeat myself in regards to them: stay the hell away if you want to keep breathing. If your boss sent you after then, then Giovanni is either a flat out idiot, or Valarie has specifically been fucking with their organization something fierce. Your better off hiding out with me and risking your boss' Bounty Hunters than going after the Night Terror. The fact that they are now associated with the National Guard and have blood relatives is even worse! Ugh...." The mysterious vendor shivered in place, clearly unnerved by what you told them. Their good, if strange, cheer was gone, and they seemed not to be in the mood to talk for much longer.

"If you have a death wish, or your boss is giving something invaluable for this suicidal hitman job, I can tell you this much about them : they are a experienced, ruthless, and cunning bastard, not at all reluctant to kill when it suits their mission, and anyone that dared challenge them has ended up dead or behind bars, often beaten and broken within an inch of their lives. No one I work with or are connected to hardly knows a blasted thing about them, as anyone trying to spy or interrogate them have either wound up dead, dying, missing, or scared silent to say much of anything at all, other than the occasion scream of terror. Only thing anyone that has survived an violent encounter with them can agree as fact is that he loves to toy with them, or appears plain unassuming at first...until they pounce. Fucking monster..."

Just as the Merchant was about to storm back into the depth of the dark ally, but stopped to say one last thing before they disappeared. "Yuer quite welcome, sir. Enytime yue wish tu find me, just search the alleyways fer eh bit. We'll meet up, one wey ur enuther..."

(Well, how does Reiner react to this outburst?)
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

'Oh?  Night Terror?  Interesting...Mitchell has a reputation...well, that's not surprising, I guess.  And if they have mega evolutions...hehehe...this is going to be an interesting test for us.  And with a reputation like that, they probably operate during the nighttime...I'll probably run into them sooner or later if I keep on top of my job.  I might have to work on getting one of those Key Stones as well if I hope to stand a decent chance of matching them...well, not much point in worrying about it too much right now.  Arbok is raring for a battle.  I can almost feel the tension oozing from his pokeball.  Let's see if that little girl is up for a 'practice' battle...and Weavile can do his thing in the meantime.  Just hope I don't have to bail him out again...once a day is more than plenty as it is...'
Weavile Auto Pickpocketing: (3) Rarity: (5)

Your trusty feline crime partner manages to cruise on by the fruit stand and swipe a Sitrus Berry without either of the chefs or anyone else noticing. Nice!

You walk towards the little girl, who is just leaning back against one of the Dogwood trees that were sparsly planted around Celadon, sketching the sun set scene of everyone finishing preparation for the flower festival on a art pad, before she notices and perks up at your arrival. Standing up, she walks over to you and immediantly begans to sweetly speak to you. "Mister, do you want to get your very own Portrait drawn for only $50 Pokémon? I can do draw all sorts of things really really well, including Pokémon. Just look!" She turns over her art pad for you to see and starts flipping the pages, each of them displaying a startling amount of talent and skill for what looks to be a 11 year old girl.

"Well, what do think? If you want, you can pay me by having a battle with me! My Wigglituff and Smeargle need some more practice before I can began showing them off!" The child looks at you eagerly, hopping up and down a little at the though of performing either art for you! So cute! Unfortunately, this customer of her just so happens to be a Grunt in disguise. Oh dear.

Reiner puts on his best smile.  "Well, that's quite the pretty pictures you have there, if I do say so myself.  I'd love one of me with my pokemon.  Tell me, do you enjoy drawing?  Is it something you dream of being able to do your whole life?  Make yourself known for it eventually?"

It's an honest question, surprisingly.
(07-25-2017, 11:27 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: Reiner puts on his best smile.  "Well, that's quite the pretty pictures you have there, if I do say so myself.  I'd love one of me with my pokemon.  Tell me, do you enjoy drawing?  Is it something you dream of being able to do your whole life?  Make yourself known for it eventually?"

It's an honest question, surprisingly.

The Girl nods her head up and down rapidly, hugging her drawing pad close to her chest as she closed her eyes in pure happiness. "Yes mister, I do! I want to be a famous artist someday like Burgh, and draw pictures of pretty Pokémon and all the scenery all over Kanto! Even nasty or icky things like Dark and Bug types are interesting to depict, because even they have an inner beautiy to them, waiting to be shown to the world!" she exclaims, throw her hands up in the air in excitement at her words...and dropping her art pad to the ground in the process. Woops!

Noticing right away and scrambling to get it, she did a once over glance on it to make sure it wasn't scuffed up, before turning and pointing to your Weavile, who was lurking in your shadow as always. "You Weavile is a great example. Most might see a mean scary kitty cat, but I can tell their is kindness in his heart, and a wiliness to do anything for his friends! You two must be very close for him to have grown into such a fine kitty! I would love to draw him! ...and maybe pet him if that is alright with you mister." She pushes her index fingers close together in sudden shyness, suddenly realizing that she had been gushing about her passion to him, and saying all sorts of uncool thing about his artic fox. Hopefully she didn't make him angry.... Sad

Reiner chuckles.  She was certainly enthusiastic about her passion.  And he got the impression she wasn't going to let anyone get in the way of her dream.  Just like him...

"Well, you're not wrong there, little miss.  Yes, he's dedicated to his friends.  And I've known him for as long as I can remember, so I am very close to him.  You can ask Weavile if it's okay to pet him if you like.  I'm sure he won't bite or scratch."

That last part was a veiled order of sorts.  Reiner actually kinda liked this little girl.  No need to scare her.  Truth be told, it felt good having a normal conversation for once.  All that skulduggery could wear a person thin, make them lose their sense of normalcy.  It was a life he was used to by now, but he did enjoy revisiting his memories of good days long past every so often...

Weavile just stares intensely at Reiner for a moment.  What was he, a domesticated meowth?!  He respects Reiner too much to disregard the order, though.  After a moment, he just lets out a sigh.  Well, time to get this over with...he has no idea what the heck Reiner is doing, though...
The small child literally leap with joy into the air as they rushed over to fawn over Weavile, petting behind the ears and ruffling his feather with the rambuctous cheer any girl her age should posses. You buddy for their part seems to actually enjoy it, and had a slightly enraptured look on their face, which was especially evident when she sratches that spot behind his ears.....yeeeeessssss.

A few minutes later, the girl was done assaulting the once grumpy Weavile with her pure hearted affections, leaving a thorough tonsle furred feline that, when they had regained their senses, immediantly startled at their new 'look' and began to smooth its fur with a fluster face. A sly and cunning thief, reduced to a mewling house pet....if Arbok had seen that, he would have just fainted with embarrassment!

Once everyone had settled down, she lead you and your partner over to a nearby bench, asking you both to sit down so that she could draw a picture of you together. Assuming you did so, it takes about an hour or so of effort, with a 5 minute break in the middle to stretch your legs and for her to get out her color stencils to finish up the portrait. Finally, after what seem like forever, the little girl (who had taken a seat on the ground in front of you) declared "Done!", and showed you the finished product.

It was not masterpiece made by Burgh, that much you were sure of, but you definitely saw very promising beginnings.  Depicted was an detailed and lovely renderd picture of you and Weavile sitting together, arms slinged over each others shoulders as you looked cool and content with the world. Which, based on your own burning desire for vengeance and recognition as a Master Trainer, was quite a shock to see. Your fiendish feline friend own arm made the familiar motion of nicking someone's wallent (Yours), while you subtly pinched them, telling them to knock it off. The coloring look a bit rough and oddly layered, but the level of detail she capture with just a pencil and color pencils was truly stunning. 

The girl was quite happy with her work, and as she carefully torn the parchment off her pad and handed it you, she gave you such a sweet and eager look that you could almost feel your teeth start aching. "Well mister, do you like? That'll be $50 Poke, or one battle with me and my Pokémon! Oh, and thanks for letting me pet your kitty cat from earlier!"