Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prohibit asking for illegal Pokemon in the GTS
There are people on the GTS who ask for impossible species/level/gender combinations. It's annoying, and can potentially encourage people to cheat in order to get the Pokemon other people are asking for.

I made a spreadsheet of the lowest possible level each Pokemon can be at as of 1.0.3. Would it be possible to make the GTS reject trade requests or offers if they involve a Pokemon below their species' minimum level?

Also if it would be possible to prohibit asking for impossible genders, that would be cool too. I've seen multiple people ask for a male Astronite.
[Image: marie.png]
Not a bad idea, really. Tired of seeing useless trades clogging up GTS, anyway. Still, the devs have quite a lot of work cut out for them, so they might not get to this idea in time...
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
Well, @ReeNormies and @Androziel actually ALREADY implemented anti-hack measures to the GTS, so hackedmon won't be getting in any time soon. And even IF they do, our devs have a way of keeping record now and will INSTA IP BAN on those who try. So the people asking for impossibilities will have their requests up there until the end of time and they will never be fulfilled. Also, btw, all these info was announced on Discord like around the time Chyinmunks were banned and 1.0.3 came out, so THIS is why you should keep a foot in Discord people, stay up-to-date on hot news and info!  Wink
"Those who have the privilege to know have the duty to act" - Albert Einstein.
Nothing is impossible, there are only things that are not yet possible!  Cool
MonkeyLord83. 
OID: 213850. IGN: Magnus.

Breeders Collective Discord
(10-03-2016, 11:06 PM)MonkeyLord83 Wrote: So the people asking for impossibilities will have their requests up there until the end of time and they will never be fulfilled.

That's the annoying part. I check the GTS via this page, and it would be a hell of a lot easier to find new trades if it weren't for all that impossible crap clogging up the list.

Also I hate Discord and would very much appreciate this news being made available through other avenues.
(10-03-2016, 11:40 PM)Harmony Wrote:
(10-03-2016, 11:06 PM)MonkeyLord83 Wrote: So the people asking for impossibilities will have their requests up there until the end of time and they will never be fulfilled.

That's the annoying part. I check the GTS via this page, and it would be a hell of a lot easier to find new trades if it weren't for all that impossible crap clogging up the list.

Also I hate Discord and would very much appreciate this news being made available through other avenues.

Everyone checks GTS via that page XD

And THEY DID announce the news in this forum, just not in details...

And so what if it takes up space, some people will find ways to troll or be stupid one way or another, with or without your system being implemented. The fight against ignorance is a never-ending one because a lot of humans like to be stupid, just let natural selections do its job Tongue
MonkeyLord83. 

Are you trying to be rude and dismissive, or am I just misinterpreting your tone because I'm in a bad mood?
(10-03-2016, 11:58 PM)Harmony Wrote: Are you trying to be rude and dismissive, or am I just misinterpreting your tone because I'm in a bad mood?

I tend to come off rude, insensitive and dismissive without trying. Have been working on that, but to no avail yet. In general, I'm always just trying to help, but my tone always give off the wrong first impressions.
MonkeyLord83. 

(10-04-2016, 12:15 AM)MonkeyLord83 Wrote:
(10-03-2016, 11:58 PM)Harmony Wrote: Are you trying to be rude and dismissive, or am I just misinterpreting your tone because I'm in a bad mood?

I tend to come off rude, insensitive and dismissive without trying. Have been working on that, but to no avail yet. In general, I'm always just trying to help, but my tone always give off the wrong first impressions.

It's fine. I just have some anger issues, and I've been in a really bad mood for the past couple days anyway. I kind of figured I was misreading your intentions.