Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade evos
Why isn't there an alternate way to get trade evos? At time of writing (unless i'm an idiot) you are required to use the online features if you want a Xenoqueen or a Chainite and this is quite annoying. Scratch that, it's stupid. There is literally no reason to have trade evos in a fan game other than "We forgot to change them" (this is in the absence of fakemon) or "We had the technology" (witch is a stupid reason) so lets fix that. If memory serves the dawn stone and leaf stone serve no function so I say we could give the dawn stone to Chainite  as a possible alternate form of evolution or create some kind new stone. Or we could have a guy you pay to preform some kind of dark ritual. This is not to say we should remove trade evos all together but they shouldn't be the only way to get certain pokemon.
I know what you mean, I used to hate pokemon for this aspect of completing your dex, so don't even get me started on trying to build a somewhat competitive team in 4th gen when there was no way for the lone player I was to get Scizor, Gengar, Kingdra or Machamp!

But to be honest Uranium has remedied the problem, the game's community was always ever online, you won't have trouble finding players who'd gladly round trade your pokemon, and still if you want to do it all on your own you can begin a second save and quickly GTS your own pokemon between your two saves.

I think it's unlikely they change the process of evolution through trade, I mean it's been there since gen 1
Yeah, I kinda like the feature. Very few pokes actually trade evolve, and with this community it's pretty easy to find someone who wants to trade you (so long as you're patient). The games are so easy, even this one, that it's nice to find a moderate challenge; and if you're really desperate, or if we ever lose the servers, you can trade with yourself. Just duplicate your save file, open your current and your dupe in their respective windows, enter the GTS and trade there.
Quote:the game's community was always ever online
I forgot one really important thing, longevity. No matter the game, population numbers will diminish and eventually you might never find someone at the same point in the game as you. At that point it might be impossible to get what you want. Maybe i'm being paranoid but as a person who barely has internet in the first place I don't want to never be able to use some of Uranium's coolest pokemon. 
I hate comparing these two but this is something Reborn has prepared with it's link stone. Why cant I have the choice to get trade evolution the old fashion way or with some alternate method.
I agree with shademonkey. ^^ In the official Handheld-Games I found/still find it much harder to find someone not in-game to conduct trades for evolutions if you don't have the luck to own two gaming devices on your own, in Uranium it is and hopefully continues to be realatively easy to directly speak to real people via the Forums/Discord/Reddit/whatelse from the community and agree trades.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
I don't mean to sound rude but any argument you could make in favor of the trade evos is ignoring the fact that a problem was deliberately created by the developers and then they gave us a half-assed solution that shouldn't need to exist. Considering Uranium has its own original pokemon they don't have the same excuse as Nintendo/Game Freak (that being they have tradition to uphold and they are a corporation who doesn't really have to care).
Also, the games difficulty has nothing to do with it. The current trade evolutions are just the coolest and most well designed (in my opinion) and they shouldn't be locked behind barriers that wont always be accessible
As I said, I'm not particularly in favor of trade evolution but I don't see any real "problem" with it atm the moment. The community is fairly active and you can even evolve them on your own by using two save files, which btw is far less of a half-assed solution than, say, having to go through the trouble of PKHexing fully evolved mons in the main game for example.

The best pokemon in the main series were almost always those that evolve through trade or that unlock their hidden ability via the Dream World, that's nothing new.

Saying that "population numbers" will always diminish no matter the game is only true for physical, canon game. Of course people leave older games in a series once a new, better one is released. The thing with hackroms is that they get constantly updated -or at least Uranium does- it gets better with time, unlike older games on cartridges which are now obsolete. See what I mean?

But if you're so worried the servers might be taken down again -which, you're absolutely right, can still happen, Nintendo being Nintendo- better hurry and do those trades instead of complaining now. Enjoy the game now instead of worrying about what could happen Wink
No offence in what I said mate
Though - thinking back on what I said - Phoenix does have a point. It's definitely not priority, but it might be good to have a backup plan for the (hopefully far, far distant) date when the servers shut down for good. After all, we want Uranium to be immortal, right? Wink

Or we could go for the immortality of legend.
"Do you remember the days when the Xenoqueen ruled? The grounds were paved with Astronites, so they say."
"Nah, them's just stories."
"They were real, I'm telling you, real as I sit here now! I hear - I hear that old centenarian champion Notio still has a Chainite, the vengeful ghost of a traded pokémon, and it still hungers for blood to this day."
"...Oh, shut up and finish your carrot wine."
@Notiophilus Ok THAT was hilarious