Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Barand could get a bit more stats...
360 is the same as Spinda. the difference is that Spinda can do a bit more since its stats are basically uniform among themselves.

Barand on the other hand invest almost all in Attack and with only 85 speed its sure to be cannon fodder to practically most oponents both in singleplayer and in multiplayer.

would 450 statpoints would be enough? i mean, come on, its the only pure dragon type in the game and its a single stage pokemon, it could get some buffs. being midway between Jerbolta and Antarki in terms of stats would be enough to bring it up in popularity.

this is what i propose:

+30 health
+30 defense
+30 special defense

speed, sp attack and attack are fine as trade offs. in total that would be

75 health
115 attack
75 defense
40 special attack
60 special defense
85 speed

another alternative would be to reduce damage and up its survivability a bit:

80 health
100 attack
75 defense
40 special attack
70 special defense
85 speed
Barand isn't a pokemon that's really meant to be taken super seriously.  It's essentially Tandor's version of Farfetch'd, and is one of the very, very few Tandor pokemon that I think was actually intended to be relatively weaker than the rest of them.
They at least made Stick work for Barand!
Current project:
http://fringehikers.com/
Tabletop RPG PokeRole: http://pokemonuranium.co/forum/showthread.php?tid=789
"I encourage Sceptile to branch out."
(09-05-2017, 04:17 PM)Iron Wrote: They at least made Stick work for Barand!

Shame Stick is a rather mediocre item when your offensive potential is stymied by both a need to setup in order to sweep and a very, very low amount of bulk which makes it very hard to do that in the first place.

It's not that Stick is a bad item, it's just that its wielders are far too gimmicky to make it work :/
It's really almost a joke item to go with a joke Pokemon.
Current project:
http://fringehikers.com/
Tabletop RPG PokeRole: http://pokemonuranium.co/forum/showthread.php?tid=789
"I encourage Sceptile to branch out."
even then, Farfetch'D's stats are much better distributed than with Barand. Barand literally got its stats invested in attack and speed just to justify the stick thing. this should be changed.

having increased critical ratio is laughable when your stats dont allow for it.

heck, the duck even got an stat increase in Gen VII for that matter. it tops the hand dragon by 17 points and better defenses while being slightly behind it in terms of physical damage and speed.

that's what i wanted to aim for with Barand. to up its puny defensive stats a bit to make it much more worth playing. at 450 stat points its still lower than Tracton or Terlard but usable.
Except the whole idea with Barand and Farfetch'd is they're glass cannons.  Not particularly good glass cannons, mind you, but glass cannons nonetheless.

It's a niche that Nuclear Barand loves, though.  A Nuclear Slash from one of those things is not to be taken lightly should it get one off, even without the Stick. It's both faster and stronger than Farfetch'd as well, which is all that matters for a glass cannon.

So yeah, I really don't see too much of a problem with Barand's stats considering it fits its intended role far better than Farfetch'd does (Farfetch'd is both pathetically slow for a sweeper and frail, and a little below average in attack. Meanwhile, Barand has a workable speed stat and a very acceptable attack stat).
I'd want it to receive a Speed buff myself to 90 myself, as that would let it outspeed the 85 Speed tier and only worry about a CS user among their bunch to outspeed and threaten him. One strat with Nuc Barand I can think of is Suicide Lead with CS and Nuclear Slash with max ATK and SPD investment, OHKO or greatly weakening whatever hazard setter, scout, or Sweeper they send in at first. It could also be employed as a Revenge Killer to a extent, but Nucleon, M-Arbok, Chainite/Navighast, Ground Dragon (Kinda) do that to a much better extent than it ever will.
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
Barand is definitely laughable later in the game. But it's worth noting that it's pretty damn intimidating to go against in the early game, both offensively, and defensively (at least with regards to its typing). Yes, Barand can be utterly decimated if you have something from the Cubbug line with you, but if you don't... (Plus, I stopped playing Pokemon after Gale of Darkness so Fairy types were utterly alien territory for me).
֎▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬֍
▓ I'm not a pessimist, I'm a realist in a world of misery.  ▓
֎▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬֍