Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows
(10-21-2021, 04:17 AM)Spiritmon Wrote: We now discover we have a Jojo fan in the forums heh. It's not bad because I also a fan.

Nah, I just thought it'd be funny to use the most common Jojo memes for the reveal Tongue. I haven't actually watched any episodes of the show.  Though I do watch Death Battle, and the halloween episode this year has Dio in it, so I expect there'll be plenty of memetastic lines in the episode and comments.
Now I must ask something: Is by chance the reason we are facing Zoroark have nothing in common to the fact a video about new forms of Zorua and Zoroark was released recently?

Who is speaking of which I like the new forms they release.
Kogeki currently ability to active in battles: Anticipation.
(10-21-2021, 09:30 AM)Spiritmon Wrote: Now I must ask something: Is by chance the reason we are facing Zoroark have nothing in common to the fact a video about new forms of Zorua and Zoroark was released recently?

Who is speaking of which I like the new forms they release.

No.  I've been planning this battle for months.  There's no relation to current events.  That reveal didn't happen until today.
AHAHAHA, what a decent suprise indeed! Relieving to know that it's not a full hoard of Fighting Types. Those are A LOT of HP Zoroark has, but I'm feeling confident that we can do it! (in case, we got some Tiny Reviver Seeds too)

I'll make sure to drop my orders for Round 2 later today or tomorrow.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
Hate to be that person, but if anyone can post ASAP that would be lovely!
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
(10-21-2021, 01:06 AM)Lord Windos Wrote: A few questions/things to say before I make a plan, however:
- Based on Phantom's comment about Healing Item use, would that also extend to freely switching Held Items at the end of a given Set off Actions/The Round?
- Can Intimidation/Tough Checks against Foes be used like an Action? Like, say for example, Pyra uses a Attack, THEN tries to MENACE a opponent even more?

1. This is actually something I've addressed in the miscellaneous rules at the start of the meta thread.  It takes an action to swap your held item to another one you have on hand.

2. They can be!  Keep in mind they'll be subject to action penalties, though, and the effects may vary depending on the number of successes scored.
Working on it!
Also Dragonstrike, why Kogeki dice is only 2D6 in his Accuracy of Quick Attack? Shouldnt be 2D6+Will Point I used to hit the enemy?

Shadow Punch: Dex(2)+Fight(2)+Brawl(2)=6D6-Actions(2)=4D6

Quick Attack: Dex(2)+Fight(2)+Brawl(2)=6D6-Actions(4)=2D6+Will Point.

And I still dont receive any level of Pain Penalization.
(10-22-2021, 01:52 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: Also Dragonstrike, why Kogeki dice is only 2D6 in his Accuracy of Quick Attack? Shouldnt be 2D6+Will Point I used to hit the enemy?

Shadow Punch: Dex(2)+Fight(2)+Brawl(2)=6D6-Actions(2)=4D6

Quick Attack: Dex(2)+Fight(2)+Brawl(2)=6D6-Actions(4)=2D6+Will Point.

And I still dont receive any level of Pain Penalization.

That is correct.  I screwed that up slightly it seems, though it wouldn't have made a difference in this case since it couldn't crit, nor fail unless you had -2 Pain.

Mistakes are bound to happen in large posts like these, so if you notice anything off, don't hesitate to let me know.
Huh, so a Target can build up 'Negative Successes' against Intimidation. Which means if the first attempt doesn't pan out or they get a really good roll, it effectively prevents them from getting Intimidated unless the Intimidator gets REALLY good rolls and the Target gets REALLY bad ones from that point onward. That, or finding a way to decrease the Will of a Target and/or make them burnout in a Fight and trying again, which is easier said than done. Overall, not a bad way to balance Intimidation Checks, since they can become SUPER powerful if used by a Pokemon with high Strength (Tough) or Contest and any amount of Instinct.

I don't think I have much else to add with Posts right now with Pyra, as she's just going to keep Attacking Zoroark relentlessly. I'll just have her do a Single Action Ember (2+3+1+1+2-1= 8D6 Base Accuracy Dice, Damage is 5D6 Base) against Shadow Zoroark and hope the rest of the group can do enough Damage to finish her off the next Round. Got all that, mates? Oh, and to be clear: I'm going to be refraining from posting in the Game Thread until the Battle is over with Zoroark, and the standard Action she'll take each Round for now on is a Single Action Ember against them if the next Round isn't the last.
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650