Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows
I'm more than a little tired right now due to studying and jaming with Disco Elysium, but to give my two cents on the matter about Torny's Threat Assessement:

- While Torny's Stats are unknowable atm, we got Keldeo for Legendary Firepower and ample SE Damage sources between everyone. Combine that with him being a relatively 'early' game threat (God, this game has gone on awhile, yet has hardly moved along at all...), and he's unlikely to be *completely* bullshit. That being said....
- ...I bet that Wind Barrier has some sort of ablative effect that helps shield him from Damage or redirect/avoid attacks, since it's giving me those + Delta Stream Lite vibes. Expect heavy resistence unless we can brainstorm (heh) a way to disrupt it - if only we had Snatch or something like Mist or Defog this might have been an easy fix...
- As for Moves, unless Dragonstrike wants to be very Iron-esqe about Legends (Full PD out the wazoo, not giving attacks proper qualifers, etc..) , you should be able to at least anticipate some of the worst stunts Torny can pull by looking at it's Learnset at the very least. For instance, I bet good Poke the fellow has either Hurricane or Bleakwind Storm to bring out, given the current environment being rather condusive to them, so plan accordingly. The vast majority of its STABs are Spread or AoE in nature, with the Flinch happy Air Slash being the only exception, so it's probably going to be blasting the whole party periodically in between targeted assaults. This makes Keldeo and Kogeki particularly vulnerable, so I'd be prepared for heaving damage or Evasion if I were you Spirit.
- If we wear it down enough it might get a Transformation/Breakdown Phase, similar to what happened to Shadow Zoroark. Since Torney has a actual Alt Forme the likelihood of this being the case is especially notable, but as I said it might not come up given the relative difficulty level.
- Ability-wise, I heavily suggest avoiding Attribute lowering Moves, on the off-chance that it has Defiant or something similar as it's Hidden Ability. The last thing the group needs is +2 Hurricanes blowing them into the stratosphere! Prankster, on the other hand, is decidedly a non-factor - Torney is already the fastest in Action Que, and it doesn't have any particularly devestating Moves to pair with it. The worst is perhaps Agility or Tailwind, with Swagger being a humorous Buff for the most of us (though they don't seem to be in the mood to use it, so who knows if it comes up?) , so expect it to stick to raining down Damage unless it needs to set up Rain for Hurricane if the Snow Weather ain't cutting it for the Move to work. Regenerator, on the last hand, is a aspect of it's Alt Forme, and likely not to come up unless forced into a Break Phase. In any case the worst I expect from it is it being tweked to act like Super Leftovers or something, which means needing to deal MORE damage to it in order to win.
- Strategy-wise we probably want to be conservative in the First Round to see what tricks and gimmicks this guy has. That means probably plenty of Conditional Clashes or outright Evasions qued up as the NPCs try to work Torney over. I'd recommend asking Ninetales if she knows Aurora Veil to help US ablate damage, but IC-wise I don't think having THAT level of Knowledge over a Stranger Pokemon's Moveset is plausible at this point in the game. Probably want to try to have Emolga Nuzzle Torney to see if that works, since having it Pained and Paralyzed would be a big boon, even if it uses Agility to negate the penalty since it has to waste an Action to do so. Someone could also try to use Roleplay Actions to put it off balance/anger it, but anyone that tries THAT is liable to get focused down or make it bring out the Big Guns if you fail/succeed TOO much, so caution on that front.

That's all I have for now, so make your plans accordingly while I rest up for a bit! ZzzzzzzZzZzzz......
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
This leave with few options. I could buff myself with Bulk Up since I pretty sure we gonna need all the power we need, and then follow up with Quick Attack and Shadow Punch link moves. As far as other moves I know is: Feint, Foresight, Bite (could be useful to try Flinch Tornadus), Endure and Shadow Blitz.
Kogeki currently ability to active in battles: Anticipation.
(03-18-2023, 08:36 AM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: Hmm... Dragonstrike, are or aren't there any rolls needed to take two non-combat actions on one's turn, like if I want Kee to BOTH release Hoope from their bottle AND use an Item? Or is only one of these Actions possible on my turn?

No rolls, but remember that retrieving items from the guitar bag during combat also requires an action.  Have the items you might want to use on demand in your regular bag if you have the space for them (Reviver Seeds can trigger from the guitar bag since they are automatic). You may arrange your items as needed before the first Round begins.

Using the Djinn's Bottle to release Hoopa also counts as one of your two manual item uses for the round.
(03-18-2023, 01:24 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:
(03-18-2023, 08:36 AM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: Hmm... Dragonstrike, are or aren't there any rolls needed to take two non-combat actions on one's turn, like if I want Kee to BOTH release Hoope from their bottle AND use an Item? Or is only one of these Actions possible on my turn?

No rolls, but remember that retrieving items from the guitar bag during combat also requires an action.  Have the items you might want to use on demand in your regular bag if you have the space for them (Reviver Seeds can trigger from the guitar bag since they are automatic).  You may arrange your items as needed before the first Round begins.

Using the Djinn's Bottle to release Hoopa also counts as one of your two manual item uses for the round.

Very well, thanks - I've just rearranged the Items Kee carries in the Inventory Tab of my sheet, as well as color-coded Items that are carried in the Standard Bag and Items that are carried in the guitar bag to better distinguish between them. And to save some headache later in-game, as my Inventory in the Mystery Dungeon Games usually gets more overflowing the later in-game it is.

That means I've got my actions for Round 1 already sorted out @Spiritmon and @Lord Windos, they're consisting of
1. releasing Hoopa to battle with us and
2. using a Quick Orb for +1 Dext for all of us.

The rest's up to you, though yes I agree on staying relatively conservative in the first Round and see what tricks Tornadus throws on us AND potentially find out what wind veil thingy they're coaked in means. A definitve 'yes please' on a Nuzzle from Emolga, one of us could and probably should suggest that in-chara.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
That's remind me. Is there any reaction of our enemy due to Kogeki ability @Dragonstrike?
(03-18-2023, 03:24 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: That's remind me. Is there any reaction of our enemy due to Kogeki ability Dragonstrike?

No, Kogeki's Anticipation did not trigger.
That's a good thing. So that means no lethal moves or super effective moves.
Okay, so just putting this out there, in Legends Arceus, all four forces of nature have a storm of sorts around them that you have to break before you can fight and catch them in that game. Maybe that's partially what the "wrapped in wind/thunder" effect is.
[Image: 7V2sBYC.png]
(03-18-2023, 08:56 PM)Mikaruge108 Wrote: Okay, so just putting this out there, in Legends Arceus, all four forces of nature have a storm of sorts around them that you have to break before you can fight and catch them in that game. Maybe that's partially what the "wrapped in wind/thunder" effect is.

Ohh, a good hint. And how is that storm broken in-game, if you remember?
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
(03-19-2023, 10:18 AM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote:
(03-18-2023, 08:56 PM)Mikaruge108 Wrote: Okay, so just putting this out there, in Legends Arceus, all four forces of nature have a storm of sorts around them that you have to break before you can fight and catch them in that game. Maybe that's partially what the "wrapped in wind/thunder" effect is.

Ohh, a good hint. And how is that storm broken in-game, if you remember?
Ball of Mud to stun, then throw your Poke ball at the force of nature to start the battle; Enamorus gave me the most difficulty of the four (mainly because the water in Scarlet Bog, where it's found, hinders movement). A similar strategy has to be used to catch Heatran in that game as well.
[Image: 7V2sBYC.png]