Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows
Ah. Can't help but to feel somewhat bad for the poor Pokemon that gets a ball of mud thrown in their face, F

Obviously we don't have anything of that sort of item to potentially use again Tornadus, so I hope that any attack we throw at them is going to dispel that veil of wind thingy. My actions are still set by the way, just waiting on Windos and Spirit to state theirs before I can post in-game.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
(03-22-2023, 09:48 AM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: Ah. Can't help but to feel somewhat bad for the poor Pokemon that gets a ball of mud thrown in their face, F

Obviously we don't have anything of that sort of item to potentially use again Tornadus, so I hope that any attack we throw at them is going to dispel that veil of wind thingy. My actions are still set by the way, just waiting on Windos and Spirit to state theirs before I can post in-game.

*Shrugs* Arceus decreed these Pokemon shall be captured, so it must be done. Otherwise the protag is going against the resident god of the setting, which is typically a....poor idea in the realm of fiction. 

My plan for Platina is at a bit of a crossroads, truth be told. On one path, given how reverant she is of Legendary Pokemon she'd be highly reluctant at standing against them unless it's absolutely necessary, and so being suddenly challenged by one out of the blue for such aggressive reasons would be shocking enough to make her waste the first Round in PANIC and indecision. On another path, I don't want to my PC to be a heel and milestone just for purely IC Reasons and potentially cause ruinous problems thereof, so perhaps she'd tried to reason with Torny for her first few actions (mechanically farming them as a distraction, perhaps) before being forced into action by the end of the 1st Round at the earliest, either by mustering her own resolve by then or getting egged on by her teammates and allies. On the last one, damn all RP and just get her attacking and worry about framing the justification for later, which is the most pro-OOC choice but is obviously very IC unfriendly. 

Honestly I'm not too sure what I want to go with of these options, or if I should develop some other idea that might be the proverbial 'golden mean' . Thoughts, mates?
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
(03-22-2023, 01:08 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: (...) Honestly I'm not too sure what I want to go with of these options, or if I should develop some other idea that might be the proverbial 'golden mean' . Thoughts, mates?

Huh. Sounds like a tricky situation indeed... Obviously we could use as much firepower as we can get to stand a change against Toradus in the battle, BUT
1. we have the aid of the Alolan Ninetales lady, Keldeo, Emolga and - after Round 1 as I need to let them out of the djinn's bottle first - Hoopa already
2. this is still a relatively early-game battle, so while it shouldn't be too easy understandably I doubt it'll be an unwinnable or even unfair(!) one
so I'd guess there's definitely some room for staying in-chara for Platina. Or in other words I at least would understand if she doesn't partake in fighting on the front and/or takes actions other than throwing off moves from what you're describing of her.

Trying to reason or talk with Tornadus doesn't sound...like a fruitful idea to me, as from their in-game appearance and wording I'm not getting the impression that they can be reasoned with and at worst will react violently to any attempt of negotiation (the least I want is a dangerously hurt Platina, ya know). Her 'wasting' the first Round in panic and indecision would be a, well, waste, though if absolutely no other way around that could be found due to in-chara reasons I'd feel inclined to stick to her character - on the other hand, her figuring out some justification for the fight against a Legendary later on could also be part of some character development, can't forget about that!~

Two idea for that 'golden mean' for Platina I can think of would be

1. not attacking Torni directly via moves but instead trying to clash some of their moves (with the reasoning that while she is panicked and confused af about the Legendary's aggression, she still wants to protect herself and/or her allies, but acts more intuitively out of an instinct of self-preservation)

2. basically letting you do the actions I wanting Kee to do (letting Hoopa out and using a Quick Orb). That way you could leave Platina undecided and pondering what to do in-chara BUT I'll have Kee snap her out of that stupor by yelling at her to get his bag and use the djinn's bottle and Quic Orb from it instead of him doing that. Bonus on that would also be that I/Kee can attack Torni while Platina gets my supportive Item-usage actions = no action on anyone is wasted!~
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
(03-22-2023, 02:17 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote:
(03-22-2023, 01:08 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: (...) Honestly I'm not too sure what I want to go with of these options, or if I should develop some other idea that might be the proverbial 'golden mean' . Thoughts, mates?

Huh. Sounds like a tricky situation indeed... Obviously we could use as much firepower as we can get to stand a change against Toradus in the battle, BUT
1. we have the aid of the Alolan Ninetales lady, Keldeo, Emolga and - after Round 1 as I need to let them out of the djinn's bottle first - Hoopa already
2. this is still a relatively early-game battle, so while it shouldn't be too easy understandably I doubt it'll be an unwinnable or even unfair(!) one
so I'd guess there's definitely some room for staying in-chara for Platina. Or in other words I at least would understand if she doesn't partake in fighting on the front and/or takes actions other than throwing off moves from what you're describing of her.

Trying to reason or talk with Tornadus doesn't sound...like a fruitful idea to me, as from their in-game appearance and wording I'm not getting the impression that they can be reasoned with and at worst will react violently to any attempt of negotiation (the least I want is a dangerously hurt Platina, ya know). Her 'wasting' the first Round in panic and indecision would be a, well, waste, though if absolutely no other way around that could be found due to in-chara reasons I'd feel inclined to stick to her character - on the other hand, her figuring out some justification for the fight against a Legendary later on could also be part of some character development, can't forget about that!~

1. not attacking Torni directly via moves but instead trying to clash some of their moves (with the reasoning that while she is panicked and confused af about the Legendary's aggression, she still wants to protect herself and/or her allies, but acts more intuitively out of an instinct of self-preservation)

2. basically letting you do the actions I wanting Kee to do (letting Hoopa out and using a Quick Orb). That way you could leave Platina undecided and pondering what to do in-chara BUT I'll have Kee snap her out of that stupor by yelling at her to get his bag and use the djinn's bottle and Quic Orb from it instead of him doing that. Bonus on that would also be that I/Kee can attack Torni while Platina gets my supportive Item-usage actions = no action on anyone is wasted!~

Very well thought out ideas! Thank you, Phantom! *Gives them friendly huggles and cookies!*

Hm...based on what you've said and how I've plotted out Platina's build thus far, I'm more inclined right now to take your 2nd Option. Though I recall that Platina is a bit cross with Kee due to his 'recent' antics , and that she's far more used to being the one to take charge of herself in any given situation, in a sudden all-out Brawl with a Vegenful Legend I feel she has sufficient reason/distraction to do as prompted from a senior Adventurer. It'd also be a great way to introduce her to Hoopa, since she can't hear the little djin at all and by releasing him herself she is at least a bit prepared in the process. Kee probably would have to see that Platina was not taking Torny's aggression very well and become the one that gives general Orders in the Battle, but I think those are fine enough concessions for the both of us to handle.

That is, if Platina can use Items from Kee's Bag - unless it functions like the ones in the core games then she'd have to be real close to get at the Items, which is liable to cause some Action and positioning shenanigans that'd need Dragonstrike's clarification on. That, or Kee has to spend Actions throwing one or both to her with her Actions, which would kinda defeat the point of this approach since Action Economy isn't being gained positively on his part (merely shifting the waste onto him instead). @Dragonstrike , your thoughts on this?

@Spiritmon  If you have anything to contribute I'd also be happy to hear it. Don't think I've forgetten you now, oh no!
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
I don't see any issues with someone using an item from another character's inventory.  Still takes 1 action to use as normal, with no additional rolls if the character with the item consents to it being used (or if they're incapacitated).  If they don't consent, that's when I'll need to start rolling dice, additional actions to get the item might need to be taken (like pickpocketing for example)...but that's not the case here, so no extra rolls required for that plan.

You have to be able to reach said character's bag for obvious reasons as well as know what to look for in a short amount of time, but there isn't currently anything obstructing Platina's path to Kee and clear communication of what to look for is possible.  

A note on positioning: positioning is a very broad and vague thing in pokerole, so unless I mention something specific, you can typically assume that exact positioning isn't particularly important.
(03-22-2023, 04:01 PM)Lord Windos Wrote:
(03-22-2023, 02:17 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote:

Very well thought out ideas! Thank you, Phantom! *Gives them friendly huggles and cookies!*

Hm...based on what you've said and how I've plotted out Platina's build thus far, I'm more inclined right now to take your 2nd Option. Though I recall that Platina is a bit cross with Kee due to his 'recent' antics , and that she's far more used to being the one to take charge of herself in any given situation, in a sudden all-out Brawl with a Vegenful Legend I feel she has sufficient reason/distraction to do as prompted from a senior Adventurer. It'd also be a great way to introduce her to Hoopa, since she can't hear the little djin at all and by releasing him herself she is at least a bit prepared in the process. Kee probably would have to see that Platina was not taking Torny's aggression very well and become the one that gives general Orders in the Battle, but I think those are fine enough concessions for the both of us to handle.

That is, if Platina can use Items from Kee's Bag - unless it functions like the ones in the core games then she'd have to be real close to get at the Items, which is liable to cause some Action and positioning shenanigans that'd need Dragonstrike's clarification on. That, or Kee has to spend Actions throwing one or both to her with her Actions, which would kinda defeat the point of this approach since Action Economy isn't being gained positively on his part (merely shifting the waste onto him instead). @Dragonstrike , your thoughts on this?

@Spiritmon  If you have anything to contribute I'd also be happy to hear it. Don't think I've forgetten you now, oh no!

Well...As far my technique say, I could not detect any dangers coming from Torny. So no Dark, Ghost or Lethal moves in his arsenal. So thats something. My plan is to give myself a little buff with Bulk Up (I sure gonna need some Physical defense in case he decide to use physical Flying moves) and a bit of Physical power myself, since I have no moves Super effective against that legendary. Then follow up with my Link Move Quick Attack+Shadow Punch.

As for what you PC could do, I more leaned with Phantom idea 2. Acting strategic is cool, but you also have freedom to act as your act would act.

Thats my input at least. Take as your think it would be.
Kogeki currently ability to active in battles: Anticipation.
(03-22-2023, 09:48 AM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: Ah. Can't help but to feel somewhat bad for the poor Pokemon that gets a ball of mud thrown in their face, F

Enamorous and Arceus itself are why I'm never starting a new game again on Legends Arceus :'D
idk if Dragon'll use that, but may as well throw the idea out there.
[Image: 7V2sBYC.png]
(03-22-2023, 04:01 PM)Lord Windos Wrote:

hdsfjkhfmsd<3 *accepts cuddle-hugs + cookies and returns the former gently*

K, option No.2 is it then - Glad that we managed to work that out and reached an agreement!~ That'll also serve as sort of an introduction of Hoopa to the steely birb Platina is indeed, as I've, uh, honestly forgotten that she's not yet familiar with the djinn at all.

I'll now wait for you to write up + post Platina's reaction to Torny initiating a battle and then proceed to Kee's follow-up of things as it kinda is dependant on her first (aka, can't have him snap Platina out of her stupor and ask her to get the bottle and orb out of his bag if she's not in that stupor in the first place), do get to that whenever you can, my dear! My action for Round 1will be a simple Single Action of a Snarl likely, with the 'orders' to Platina developing into an attack against Tornadus.

(03-22-2023, 08:45 PM)Mikaruge108 Wrote:

Enamorous and Arceus itself are why I'm never starting a new game again on Legends Arceus :'D
idk if Dragon'll use that, but may as well throw the idea out there.

Makes sense, lol. Am still waiting to snatch a Switch on a sale or so sometime to experience the pain game myself, no hurry on that one. BUT gameplay on PLA I've seen looks and feels promising, got to give GameFreak that much.
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
(03-23-2023, 09:36 AM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: Makes sense, lol. Am still waiting to snatch a Switch on a sale or so sometime to experience the pain game myself, no hurry on that one. BUT gameplay on PLA I've seen looks and feels promising, got to give GameFreak that much.

PLA was such a a breath of fresh air for pokemon gameplay.  I really enjoyed it.  Still have to back and do the post launch post game content though.

As far as Switch 'sales' go, as someone who works in retail, I basically never see them go down in price while they're brand new.  The best deals if you're looking to save some money are usually either a) purchasing a bundle that has a game and maybe some accessories (can save on purchasing that specific game. Most common bundle is typically the Mario Kart one) or b) buying a used one (I'd recommend checking your local gaming retailer if you go this route).
(03-23-2023, 09:57 AM)Dragonstrike Wrote:
(03-23-2023, 09:36 AM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: Makes sense, lol. Am still waiting to snatch a Switch on a sale or so sometime to experience the pain game myself, no hurry on that one. BUT gameplay on PLA I've seen looks and feels promising, got to give GameFreak that much.

PLA was such a a breath of fresh air for pokemon gameplay.  I really enjoyed it.  Still have to back and do the post launch post game content though.

As far as Switch 'sales' go, as someone who works in retail, I basically never see them go down in price while they're brand new.  The best deals if you're looking to save some money are usually either a) purchasing a bundle that has a game and maybe some accessories (can save on purchasing that specific game.  Most common bundle is typically the Mario Kart one) or b) buying a used one (I'd recommend checking your local gaming retailer if you go this route).

Late response, but thanks for the input, yay! Yeah, same, I've yet to see the Switch to go down in prize enough for me to afford one. It's somewhat annoying and sad, BUT on the other hand I'm not in a hurry to get one for now and probably won't be in the near future either, so I'm totally fine with waiting. I don't especially trust a used console unless it's a very retro one that's otherwise unobtainable, plus that one GameStop in town near me that I could contact/have gotten games and merch from before is closing. I DO aim to get my hands on a Switch at SOME point tough, on that I'm set, there are too many decent games I'd like to play myself to forgo.
--Windos is my OTP ❤---