Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows
(03-29-2020, 08:54 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: Wait a minute. Itsnt a bit...unfair? Because if we faint, we loose logic. And if we have 1 in Logic, we will automatic loose. I do hope we at least have a initial good chunk of XP to increase our Logic and Insticts stats to both be at least in 3. I do hope at least we can have that balance, since 3 in both to keep balance. And to make Kogeki use at least Moves of 20 XP cost.

At least we can buy permanent moves, so thats something.

I gotta remain firm on the starting values for Logic and Instinct.  One of them is 1, and the other is 2.  Up to you whether you want a few more moves to begin with or added security/more human memories.  You can work on increasing the values of both stats during the course of the game. Whether it's unfair or not, it'll certainly add to the story's drama, which is a big focus of Pokerole in general.

Note: If you have 0 Primal, you won't lose any Logic when you faint.  Then it goes up to 1 afterwards, however, and that's when you'd have to be more careful of fainting.

I'm well aware that you guys are super vulnerable if you choose to go with the 1 Logic and 2 Instinct route (and you're also rather vulnerable if you do it the other way around, but for different reasons), and I'll be attempting to balance early game content accordingly so that the game doesn't immediately end for your characters before their journey has even begun.  I'm not a GM that's out to beat my players.  I'm here to tell a story with your help, and tell a story I shall! You guys may be starting out rather weak and at risk, but persevere, and you can work on rising above these humble and frail beginnings!

Carrying Reviver Seeds is also a good way to avoid triggering the Primal State when you faint.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - by Dragonstrike - 03-29-2020, 09:21 PM