Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows
(10-11-2020, 10:12 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:
(10-11-2020, 09:56 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: .....Intriguing and fun enough spin on a form of random Loot drop, mate, though the fact that its essentially a gacha mechanic means that inevitably some Poke we put into opening Treasure Boxes will go bust. Still, it's a way to potentially get sweet items without having to worrying about justifying it too much storywise, so I'm willing to indulge opening a Box more often than not.

I do wonder how much they're worth if you try to sell them to the Kecks or wholesaling them to another team, though, as I distinctly recall that Treasure Boxes in EoT/D/S could be sold for a decent amount of Poke (I believe it was $500?) , so that should translate to your game in some fashion me thinks. Until we start ranking in the Poke, it probably be for the best to sell Boxes early on to build up resources for future expeditions or miscellaneous problems.

Eh, it's the game you play with them no matter which version of PMD you're in that has Treasure Boxes.  No telling what's inside until they're opened!  At least you know you're going to get something useful/valuable from them if you do open them, though, and it's rare for the contents (of these ones, anyways) to not be worth the small amount of money put into them (as long as you don't get an Apple, Big Apple, Oran Berry, or Sitrus Berry, you've saved money!).  Again, it's not viciously sucking your wallet dry like most gachas when you're trying to get something good. (though those rarer drops are definitely worth pursuing : D Don't worry, though, there'll be other ways to obtain those drops if you aren't lucky with the loot boxes/decide to sell them off.)

Treasure boxes are definitely semi valuable selling items (being some of the better selling items in the series, in fact), but that's partially because the contents can easily be worth far more than the box itself (want to find out how much gold bars sell for?  Just go ask Cofagrigus).  Pretty easy to turn a profit if your luck is good.

Given how the system works, I'll definitely make rarer treasure boxes sell for more in this case.  They usually sell for 200-300 in the games.

Yup yup, I totally agree with ya mate. Honestly I don't really have much to complain about them considering I actually play FGO , which is leagues worse when it comes to their take on gacha mechanics and GRINDING. The fact that whatever you pull from them will be useful in some way is infinitely better than the filler garbage I regularly get whenever I roll in FGO is one big reason why I like it beyond nostalgia and the inherent thrill of gacha gaching. Even if you get the low tier stuff that still serves a definite purpose, and its not like the MDs or Kecks will always have such provisions at hand for us to take, so yeah I'm fine with taking my chances with Treasure Boxes if we can afford to do so without kneecapping us in the short term!

I ain't selling Gold Bars until I get a good look at what Cofagrigus is offering for them, and even if I don't find anything I like that doesn't mean the rest of our group will. All else fails they can be emergency funds sorta like what Pyra's Big Nugget is (currently), so they'll be plenty useful to me/everyone else as a whole!

Ah, gatcha. If we want to be utterly frugal about things we could just sell Blue Boxes and keep the higher tier ones ourselves to maximize profits overall (B.B.s have a little over 1/3 chance of giving a 'bad' Item, which is not insignificant odds to gamble against), but then again.....the thrill of the gatcha is hard to resist indeed....
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - by Lord Windos - 10-12-2020, 01:09 AM