Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows
(02-17-2021, 06:45 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: Well, no surprise about Mario and Legend of Link since it's their main franchises along with Pokemon.

Pyra I neutral since I never play nor read anything about Xenoblade. Same for Project Triangle.

Splatoon 3 I more or less surprised but it is expected by the success of the previous 2 games.

Bravely Default I have vague memories from videos I watch. But I remember the story was interesting.

Monster Hunter Rise no great surprise either. Still trying to find a way to get into the game somehow. Don't have console or a strong computer to play unfortunately.

Anything else in special who caught your attention? Like plans of the future they share or something else?

Those were most of the big ones that left an impression on me to some degree (though NMH3 was mostly because one of my friends is a diehard fan of that series, rather than me being interested myself)

the Xenoblade Chronicles games are absolutely worth playing (or watching a let's play of if you don't have the option.)  Fair warning, though, they're very lengthy (particularly XC2).  Pyra making it into 5mash is hype (though poor Rex seems to have gotten the same treatment that Chrom got in Smash 4).  

Project Triangle Strategy is a completely new announcement, hence why you've not heard anything about it so far.  Octopath Traveler was really good, though, and I'm very excited to see what this sequel is going to do with its larger focus on branching story elements.  Octopath was also a turn based RPG like the old school FF games and the Bravely series, but PTS is going to be more of a grid based strategy game, which is an interesting change.

We've known Splatoon 3 was coming since the final Splatfest, which was the one that determined what the game's theme will be.  Apocalyptic won over Futuristic, so it's gonna be getting real dystopian in the new game.  Looks pretty wild already, and we've only seen one trailer so far.

I really like the Bravely series.  The first game's story was honestly better than Bravely Second's (though BD's story also has a tendency to drag on for a loooooonnnnnggggg time, which tends to annoy people), but BS had the superior gameplay imo.  Very excited for BD2, and hopefully it takes what worked for the prior two games and builds upon both.

Hope you can get a way to play Monster Hunter soon!  The series is absolutely worth investing time in.  I preordered Rise and have no regrets!

------------------------

Now then, back to your regularly scheduled mini boss fight.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - by Dragonstrike - 02-17-2021, 07:07 PM