Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows
(03-03-2021, 08:18 AM)no one Wrote: I'm not in a position to be able to look all of that stuff up atm Windos (sorry, I'm posting from my phone), but I don't think we should be rewriting the scene mostly because these kind of moral choices kinda define a character, and I wouldn't want to take that away. Also, I don't think Marcus jumped the gun. Pyra was about to commit a crime, and Marcus was threatening to report it. It doesn't really get any more complex than that. I also definitely agree with Phantom's thing about the berry. Even if they are just an NPC, the characters we portray kinda have to be true to themselves, regardless of our opinions on stuff. If Kee would normally offer aid to a beaten enemy, Kee should do so. We just have to be careful to not let in character drama to leak out into the real world, cos that just ruins everyone's fun. I've been guilty of it, and from what I've seen from SR, some of you have too. Gotta be careful to not repeat that mistake. If I get outvoted in terms of the retcon, I'll happily change my posts for the sake of having less OOC drama. I'll wait till we've made a decision on the retcon stuff before posting again though.

I think he did because he went straight for the threats and didn't seek to try and understand WHY Pyra was so insistent on 'killing' Conk, but hey, that is just my opinion. Plus Pyra didn't think what she was doing was crime worthy, so threatening her just seems especially too drastic for her tastes.

I was not trying to use the Retcon to undo the Oran Berry thing either. I'm fine with that OOC for the most part, though I WILL say that if your characters keep acting like that (IE Using OUR Items on Enemies instead of ourselves, without first asking the group) I'm going to start becoming more cross about such things. I understand that you have to 'play your character true' , but I don't think that should be an absolute excuse to do as you wish with your chara without some oversight and explanations. Heck, I never got away with anything more dubious Pyra was trying to do IC and got blasted for it on a couple of for it OOC, so it appears there is some sort of double standard at play here , or some threshold that suddenly makes 'Being true to yoru chara' not okay. 

I've always been willing to compromise, however, even if it makes things much less fun and more frustrating for me, so that's why I try not to raise too much of a fuss at 'charas being charas' too much OOC. Perhaps be a little snide about it, but that's more for humor's shake than anything else.

Now seeing everyone's opinion, it seems like a retcon is more or less the agreed solution, so long as it isn't TOO radical. So Dragonstrike, would it be possible for us to rewind things BEFORE Marcus started to threaten him, but not affect any posts prior to that one? In that gap Kee/Kogeki/Dax could put a stop to thinks by clearing up the misunderstanding or diffusing things entirely, so it wouldn't be that drastic of a rewrite, me thinks. Thinking about it, Spirit's current post could probably just be retooled a bit and used as the conflict ender, and all I had to do beyond deleting the Rant Post is editing my last post to fit in with the new reality. Wouldn't clear things up too much, but it'd still show off a bit of Pyra's and Kogeki's deeper character, and probably get the group to thinking that maaaaybe constantly needling the demoness about her habits without a gentler touch, resorting to mindgames, or reacting too strongly isn't too good of an idea.

Oh, and if the counter measure you have is so bad/special that you have to mystery box it, I want no part in it. The less I know about something OOC, the less I want to deal with it since I have no way of preparing for it beyond pure paranoia.
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - by Lord Windos - 03-03-2021, 11:43 AM