Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows
(05-27-2021, 07:54 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: You know...sometimes it is annoying to wait long periods of time to have some resolution when we are doing those dungeon adventures.

If someone couldnt do the post we could...I dont know, maybe do a flashback later Dragonstrike? We are stuck in that mission for more or less a month. Or maybe two. I lost count. Can't we just moving on already and have that Machamp battle already and get our XP and reward with Conk gang?

Mate, we all have VERY busy lives compared to the golden time of the Skull Ruins and my campaigns run, so the fact that Dragonstrike is still updating somewhat regularly and we still have energy/time to play it is something to be thankful for, instead of taken for granted.

Of course, you do have a point. I'd like more regular updates too, as the one killer of any campaign is a distinct lack of progress, both IC and OOC. Maybe we could do something along the lines of once or twice weekly 'sessions' like I used to do with C.C.V. during my undergraduate days, if everyone's schedule permits? 

Lastly, we also need to start strictly enforcing the whole '24/16 hr' rule in regards to player posts if we are ever going to get a decent clip going again. Excuses can be made for a player to have an extension to their time to post, but after a certain period the campaign should move on without them and leave whatever their character was trying to do either to be autoed OR relegated to a Flashback! if it's not mission/mechanical/plot critical. This includes group efforts too, so if we can't get something decided in a timely enough manner Dragonstrike should just nudge us along or make 'something' happen as a consequence to jar things forward. If a player is repeatedly missing deadlines despite extensions (with consideration to their IRL circumstances to allow more leeway, if necessary), they need to be asked if they REALLY are capable of keeping up with the campaign, or if it would be for the best if they left or put their PC on autopilot for most things.

These things are very much not fun to implement, and I hate having to lay them out, but I do believe they are both fair and (at this point) a necessity to ensure this campaign progress at any measurable time beyond weeks or months.
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - by Lord Windos - 05-27-2021, 08:49 PM