Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows
(09-15-2022, 02:31 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: Well, Kee just got very lucky.

Phantom's asked me to auto Kee for the time being, so I'll be working on the post for the Great Glacier's intro next!  I'll hold off on doing anything with that Rainbow Gummi for now though since the three members of Team OS are probably going to want to discuss who gets it (unless Kogeki and Platina are fine with letting Kee have it?  Otherwise we'll probably be waiting on Phantom's input).

Huh, well that's absolutely stellar! Team OS' luck with drops comes in clutch yet again!

Hmm....well, I don't care about who gets the Rainbow Gummi? I mean, I'd be pretty sweet to give Platina a Surprise!, but she's already pretty special to begin with and I can't really think of a good reason besides GREED to improve her that way. I want her HA to be an option in the future, and I doubt the Surprise! would help with that, and the rest of the stuff on my old Wishlist are TM Moves and Items, which a Gummi can't grant unless it can summon a Deus Ex Machina upon consumption. Personally I'd rather sell it for muns or save it as a valuable Trade Item to get Pokemon/Better Held Items/Treasures on our side if we don't know what Surprise! it gives at this point, but if Kee wants to use it himself then I literally don't mind or have a say in it. It's his Rainbow Gummi, after all. It could also be given to NPC teammates that could use it, like Zoura, if we don't want any one member of the group to become too special and suffer from a round of 'Bucket full o' crabs' syndrome, but I'd like to think we've grown out of that mindset by now.

For the sake or argument, however, let's discuss this anyway. Thinking in terms of who needs it the most among the PCs, Platina has her whole Beauty Mechanic and some tricks that makes her pretty potent already (Like Steel Wing and Metal Sound), Kogeki has a Buff Move and his soul sucking/Shadow powers to exploit to maximum benefit, while Kee has Headbutt and Snarl as a powerful STAB and Spread Move respectively and effectively a larger Inventory than everyone else between his big ol' bag and standard issue bag. In terms of starting loot, Kee got the most between Phantom being an absolute unit OOC making all the artwork, and Platina as I mentioned is pretty well set when it comes to....well, just about everything but actual experience and growth in-game. Overall, I say Kee is pretty much the most well rounded and powerful group member between his Ability, Start Loot, and just good movepool, and Platina comes second due to being exceptionally good at Diplomacy and using her Beauty to good effect alongside at least Steel Wing to hurt some fools nicely. That leaves Kogeki at the bottem of the pile, as while I don't think he's underpowered by any means he doesn't have that many 'killer apps' compared to the rest of the party. Heck, one of his actually is more a threat to him and the party if he actually uses it! 

So with the above in mind, I believe Kogeki probably needs the Surprise more than most of the party. It'd also be funny if this actually ends up helping the guy Evolve later down the line, as Rilou evolve via IQ in the old game, and so the Rainbow Gummi has the potential to have some carry over from those systems.
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - by Lord Windos - 09-15-2022, 02:57 PM