Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows
(09-27-2022, 03:36 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:
(09-27-2022, 01:14 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: Hmm... Dragonstrike, clashing a spread move (Poison Gas) with another spread move (Snarl) should be possible, shouldn't it? I could not find an restrictions on that point in the corebook. Does the Special Stat play any role in that case, aka what if clashing-me and the foe have a different Special Stat?

The book specifies that 'support moves, moves that ignore defenses, and moves that have a set damage cannot be clashed' on Page 50 of 1.2.5.

I have allowed clashing Spreads/AOEs with the same type of damaging attack before, but the snag here is that Poison Gas isn't a damaging move.  It is labeled as a Support move according to the book's key on Page 347 (it is the name they've assigned to Status moves, though I'm not sure why the change was necessary).

Windos did bring up a good point though.  Poison Gas is a gaseous attack, and could in theory be blown away by a gust of wind or similar, so I'll allow Clashing it if you can come up with something that can prevent a gaseous attack from reaching you guys.  If you do have a way of preventing it from reaching you and Clash it, there will be no damage dealt since Poison Gas is not a damaging move.  A loud noise like Snarl probably wouldn't do much to a gas on its own, though.

I will also remind you that it is possible to Evade what the book has labeled as Support moves so long as they do not use a Social Attribute as a part of their accuracy roll.

(09-27-2022, 01:47 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: And if I not mistaken Kogeki still have the Quick Attack and Shadow Punch as Link Moves. If I mistaken since it is a Link move I could use it to hit Trubish as a Link move, so it is two attacks on a roll. Well if the dice dont be curse I hope.

Am I correct about Link Moves Dragonstrike mate?

That is correct.  If you attack with Quick Attack, then you attack with Shadow Punch immediately afterwards.

I do wish to make an additional note, and that is that Linked moves always have to be used in that order, being treated as a Double Action attack while they're linked.  If you wish to use Shadow Punch while it's linked, you always have to use Quick Attack first unless you unlink the two moves.

We'll ignore that for the ambush mechanic in the current battle (since I also genuinely forgot that those were linked.  It was in last November after all), but remember that/note it down for the future!  It's a pretty strong combination since it basically makes Shadow Punch a priority move.

Huh. Well, I don't think the group has 'Wind' or particularly powerful Moves that can generate a lot of force (Like a Fire Blast) that can ward off the da nasty gas, so we pretty much have to blitz the dang trashbag and hope for the best or accept some of us will get Poisoned and instead focus on cleaning up the weakened mobs. Luckily Quick Attack + Shadow Punch brings a LOT of force to bear upon an opponent and might be enough to KO the stinky guy between Keldeo's and Emolga's assault.....so long as Mienfoo doesn't have Fake Out and uses it on one of them. Then the odds are right back to being diecy again. Well, unless Platina can actually try and Clash the Move, but I'm not sure that'd work given F.O. has Priority and she's so low on the Initiative Bracket. 

So, again, @Spiritmon and @PhantomUnderYourDesk - which will it be? If we go Assault the Weakened Mobs then the Trubbish is almost guaranteed going to get a Poisoning off on a few of us unless we burn Actions on Evasions (which may or may not be a viable option, depending on Dice Pools), but if we KO Cubcoo and Emolga then it's all alone and going to be swiftly deleted by the next set of Actions and we reduce the amount of shenanigans ALL Pokemon can pull (Since Trubbish only has one guaranteed Poison Move and Platina can body block Sludge pretty easily). Take Out The Trash, on the other hand, is a fairly weighty gamble all things considering, but if we pull it off then Poison becomes a non-issue, we can handle the other guys pretty easily regardless if they get a set of Actions (and that's if Kee doesn't end up KOing the two with another Snarl), and our Revival options let us eat some Damage as a worthwhile trade off. 

In light of all the discussion, I say we need to bite the bullet and just take care of the weakened mobs instead of making a risky play. If we get Poisoned, then we make a beeline for the Stairs and avoid Rooms with Pokemon in them post-battle with the X-Ray Glasses help if at all possible (which is the smart play anyway with Hail falling, if we are will to screw the Poke Pile). Moreover, Mienfoo can still potentially disrupt one of our faster options with Fake Out (if it has it) to stop Keldeo from getting Cubcoo or Emloga from getting them, which is another reason why we probably should just double down on them instead. Like, Kogeki can wombo-combo either with his Link Move and the other fastest can take out the weakened Pokemon directly below them in Initiative. Or to outline it: Keldeo gets Flinched then he (Kogeki) can wombo-combo the Cubchoo (which is a pretty scary Pokemon between Fury Swipes, Frost Breath, and Slash as possible Moves) to hopefully Faint it while Emolga and Platina ruin the fighter, and if Emolga gets Flinched then Kogeki attempts to mutch the Mienf instead and Keldeo hoses the lil' polar bear.

So, here's the plan I'm proposing right now:

Operation Double or Nothing
1. Keldeo focuses down Cubchoo with the most powerful Move he has that isn't a complete crapshoot on Accuracy with his Dice Pool, while Emolga Acrobatics Mienfoo this time, and the rest of the party pick off either if they somehow survive or simply pile on the damage onto Trubbish at that point.
2. If Keldeo get's Faked Out, then Kogeki Link Moves Cubchoo in an attempt to Faint it or at the very least make it Miss it's Move due to Pain, Emolga takes care of the Mienf, and the rest proceeds like the rest of Point 1. .
3. If Emolga gets Faked Out, Kogeki wombo combos Mienfoo , Keldeo proceeds as originally planned, and the rest of the party does clean up.
4. If any of the Pokemon are still up and at us, focus down them down in order of lowest HP to highest HP, and hope to Arceas they don't have any nasty tricks up their non-existent sleeves.

How's that sound, mates?
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - by Lord Windos - 09-27-2022, 05:40 PM