Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Guide] EV Training Guide
Hello everyone! 
Most of you probably do not know me, since I barely hang around the forums, so I will briefly introduce myself: my name is Aiden, and I’m currently a breeder at the Breeders Guild. I have learnt a lot about IVs and EVs (at least compared to what I knew before I started with Uranium, which was basically nothing) and decided to write a short guide to help newcomers understand it. I will explain it with as much details as I can, hopefully you will have a better understanding of what EVs are, how to get them and what they are for once you are done reading. Please do bear in mind, however, that I am assuming you know what IVs and natures are as I write this guide.

I realize that many people (and particularly competitive players) will find the information I am presenting to be rather basic, but this guide has the main goal of helping new players and people who were not interested in this aspect of the game before. Considering that early generations of canon games did not include any way to view the IVs and EVs, it might be completely new information to some people and it is my hope that they find this useful.

The guide itself is a bit extensive, which is why I am attaching it as a PDF document, as well as a complementary EV Chart that lists EVs gained by all pokemon species in Tandor (including unreleased ones) for people to use. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated! If you guys have any questions feel free to contact me (all information is available at the end of the PDF).

With that being said, I hope you have lots of fun with your newly EV trained mons!

Attached Files
.pdf   EV Training Guide.pdf (Size: 398.45 KB / Downloads: 325)
.xlsx   EV Training Chart.xlsx (Size: 18.62 KB / Downloads: 174)
Should you need anything, please send me a message at the Breeders Guild. Breed until you bleed!
You know, I thought EV training was pretty straightforward, but there's actually quite a few tips that you included in this guide that I didn't know! Thanks for posting this, I'm sure a lot of other people will benefit from the knowledge! Smile
Just a note I'd like to point out since I think it's very, very important: you do mention that pokerus doubles the effects of the Power items, but it's also worth noting that the macho brace is the least effective of the Power items.

In general, the actual Power items are going to be more effective no matter what method is used as long as you aren't trying to train 2 stats at the same time using the old-fashioned method (via farming pokemon with split EV yields). (Ex: EV x 2 x 2 = EV x 4, but 2 x [EV + 4] = [EV x 2] + 8. The only time there's no difference is when the pokemon you're defeating has a base EV yield of 4, and those pokemon are not easily farmable.)

Other than that statement that the Macho Brace is generally inferior overall purely from a numbers standpoint, I've got no complaints! Great guide!
My my, what a fantastic guide you have made Aiden! You might never come down here to post and liven up this ghost town of a forum, but you sure do know what you are doing when it comes to guide making! Didn't see any real faults in it at all comparing it to what I know of Comp, Breeding, and Training, so well done mate! If I can ever get Discord sorted out, I might pay a visit and see what I'm missing out.....before promptly coming back to the forums, cuz I'm comfortable here!
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
What a pleasant suprise to see you stoping by here, Aiden, and even sharing this guide here!
Oh, I recall making lists and tally charts during training of a Pokemon when I got into the mechanics of Effort Values in White2 Edition... I'll give your guide a read later then, curious what I'll find. C:
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
(12-06-2017, 12:40 AM)Lord Windos Wrote: (...) If I can ever get Discord sorted out, I might pay a visit and see what I'm missing out.....before promptly coming back to the forums, cuz I'm comfortable here!

Somehow, I'm glad to hear that. *comes up from behind and clings to one of your sleeves, before leaning into your side to dwell in comfort and melancholy*
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`