Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Help The moves Meditate and Smack Down - obtainable or not?
So... I've been looking through the egg moves Mankey can learn on its respective Wiki Page. Both Meditate and Smack Down are listed, the latter insterests me much, but it seems like these moves are not obtainable on Mankey as they're neither a TM nor does any Move Tutor teach them. However, what does make me wonder, is the lacking of a Game Play Note that these moves 'cannot be learned by any Pokemon via leveling up, so it can currently only be called by Metronome', like you'd find on the pages of Smelling Salts, Fake Tears and a few others.

This arises the question, does anyone HAVE these two moves on their Pokemon or otherwise know where they can be obtained/which Pokemon learns them in Uranium? The Wiki Page does not state that, I'd actually be happy to edit this.

In the official Games, Smack Down is a TM move Mankey can learn, it also learns Mediate as an egg move inherited from Mienfoo. Of course, this is not possible in Uranium since nor Mienfoo neither a TM of Smack Down are a thing in Uranium.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
Oh dear, not ANOTHER case of 'missing moves' from a Pokémon's given learnset! Dang it, why can't all moves be accessible via Level Up, TM, Move Tutor or some other esoteric method, so that issues like these no longer crop up and lead to disappointment....
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
(01-07-2018, 01:51 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: Oh dear, not ANOTHER case of 'missing moves' from a Pokémon's given learnset! Dang it, why can't all moves be accessible via Level Up, TM, Move Tutor or some other esoteric method, so that issues like these no longer crop up and lead to disappointment....

If you're saying this, Windos, I guess you'll like (or not like) what I'm currently working on every now and then. I'm going down the Pokedex number by number and have only reached Owten so far, but I've already figured out that several egg moves are still unobtainable. Which makes me wonder why there are listed at all.

I guess there's still a looong way to go before Uranium is really 'completed', but we're in no rush. I just hope it WILL be completed one day...
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
UPDATE: It's the same thing for Poison Tail and Switcheroo on Ekans. Though, Poison Tail is relatively pointless since Ekans already has access to Poison Fang via the Dentist in Snowbank Town or possibly inherited from Tonemy, Minyan or Chupacho who learn this move naturally and share an egg group with Ekans.
--Windos is my OTP ❤---