Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Breeding Luck Stories, Any Game (does this go here?)
The breeder's discord would probably be a better place to ask this, but I don't feel like going through all the hoops of making a discord profile so here is the question does anyone know when exactly the contents of an egg are generated? I used to think it was when you receive the egg, but after some soft resetting experiments that theory was disproven. then I thought it might be based off the parents and I thought this one was the case when I bred a paras using the male of my scatterbug shiny breed and got one with the same gender, nature, characteristic and ivs as a scatterbug that would appear next. But that theory was quickly disproved. I don't really want to hatch 1000's of eggs but rather SR the same egg until I get a shiny.
[Image: 7V2sBYC.png]
(06-07-2018, 06:29 PM)Mikaruge108 Wrote: The breeder's discord would probably be a better place to ask this, but I don't feel like going through all the hoops of making a discord profile so here is the question does anyone know when exactly the contents of an egg are generated? I used to think it was when you receive the egg, but after some soft resetting experiments that theory was disproven. then I thought it might be based off the parents and I thought this one was the case when I bred a paras using the male of my scatterbug shiny breed and got one with the same gender, nature, characteristic and ivs as a scatterbug that would appear next. But that theory was quickly disproved. I don't really want to hatch 1000's of eggs but rather SR the same egg until I get a shiny.

Which Games do you mean, Sun/Moon? Eh, I actually don't know either when exactly the Stats of the young one are determined, but from doing a bit of searching/reading it seems to be....

.....even before you drop the two parent Pokemon off at the Daycare. (Source)

If you like, try your luck with the Shiny Swap Method, it's clever use of the RNG. (I've never tried it myself though)
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
Jeez if this were a real ecosystem Grubbin would be extinct on my save and Akala island would be overrun with Scatterbug. The  whole egg generation thing is rather annoying. I might try the Shiny Swap method if it still works in Gen 7. Magikarp is in the Dragon Egg Group?! That makes things easy. Ill have to check again, but i think I have a Japanese Goodra I can use. (Foppa from D/P/Pt doesn't count for Masuda Method)
Started breeding Eevees on Uranium, going for a shiny (I've got masuda working for me) while not shiny, this was the third egg that hatched:

Breeding more Eevee is barely ever a bad idea, I'm still waiting to see one hatching with a silverly grey fur despite having bred several boxes already. :C (But, that random wild-caught one in Moon makes up for that?)

Why do you breed them with a sassy nature though if I may ask, going for an Umbreon?
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
(07-17-2018, 04:47 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: Breeding more Eevee is barely ever a bad idea, I'm still waiting to see one hatching with a silverly grey fur despite having bred several boxes already. :C (But, that random wild-caught one in Moon makes up for that?)

Why do you breed them with a sassy nature though if I may ask, going for an Umbreon?

that one just happened to have a sassy nature; I'm going for stats and shiny. (the father has almost perfect stats 6IV in S.ATK, with every other stat at 31, while the mother has 31IV in S.ATK.) I was trying to shiny hunt the gift one in Venesi, but eventually gave up and made that one into a nucleon. (once its up to level imma sweep the eighth gym Big Grin )
Yesterday, 39 eggs in I got this:

Too bad the father is the foreign pokemon...
*The Eevee parent gives me this look when it hears that it might be replaced*

and, got another perfect IV Eevee, gentle nature (egg#79):

so yeah, 79 eggs hatched, 2 perfect IV, both male, 0 shinies
and nothing hurts more than this: (Egg#90 in my breeding)

... except for maybe this: (Egg#94)

*notices that the thread doesn't specify on the kind of luck*
Got a Minicorn Egg thru gts and was hoping for good IVs or a shiny but instead this hatched:

oh well, I'll use her for making shinies...
That uni lookes like it originates from someone who wanted to breed for troll 0IV! An art on its own.
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
(08-01-2018, 01:55 PM)Mikaruge108 Wrote: *notices that the thread doesn't specify on the kind of luck*
Got a Minicorn Egg thru gts and was hoping for good IVs or a shiny but instead this hatched:
[Insert Picture Here}

…By Arceas, why do people continue to do such horrible, terrible things to the Pokémon they breed? Breeding is all about making Pokémon better, not WORSE! Ugh….
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650