Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help Starter Shiny Hunting
Just wondering when is the latest you can save the game to shiny hunt the starter. Is it after the aptitude test, cuz i dont really want to go thru that multiple times. and while im on the subject of shinies; does this game have a shiny charm or similar item in it?
[Image: 7V2sBYC.png]
Quote:In Pokémon Uranium, the starter Pokémon's gender is determined at the time of picking up the ball from the professor's table. (After the aptitude test).

That's what the Wiki says at last, I guess that shiny or not shiny is determined just at the same moment.
A [Image: latest?cb=20160919035557]is obtainable from the Professor for completing your Pokedex, means currently 194 different Pokemon.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
thanks, now to shiny hunt. (or attempt it; i've been having the worst luck on canon games hope it doesn't pass on to this)
Well, Uranium's chance to find a shiny Pokemon is 4 times higher than in Pokemon X/Y, so the odds are less 'bad'!~ Good luck and patience.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
is that 1-in-1024 chance base or w/ shiny charm? (and my luck is weird. I once caught 2-3 shinies in a 24 hour period on canon games followed by month-year shiny droughts and on certain games i've yet to get a legit shiny) and does the "Exit to menu" function count as soft resetting the game?
Humm... 1/1024 should be without the charm, but I do not know the exact number for the odd with the charm.
Shines appearing in front of one's eyes in the wild are beasts - they only appear when they want to, and it's completely up to the RNG. I met more shiny Pokemon in Gen.7 than in any Pokemon Game before.
Simply hitting 'Exit to Menu' should work, I can confirm that as I got my shiny Myster Gift Sheebit by soft-resetting exactly this way.
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
well, according to bulbapedia, shiny charm roughly triples the chances (as of gen VI) and assuming the same applies to Uranium the chances are just under .3% with shiny charm. still pretty low; only 29 in 10000 will be shiny, 9 in 1000 without (approx.)