Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pokemon Switch 2018 Reveal Discussion
So, out of curiosity, I wanted to see what some of the forum goers' opinions are on these games.  Personally, I'm kinda looking forward to them.

So, thoughts on the reveal of these games?
I'm not hyped, even if I'd own a Switch. Which I'm not planning to get.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
I heard a comment earlier which amused me: People are more excited about the 1998 Pokemon Gold beta than about the Switch announcement.
Current project:
http://fringehikers.com/
Tabletop RPG PokeRole: http://pokemonuranium.co/forum/showthread.php?tid=789
"I encourage Sceptile to branch out."
(06-01-2018, 04:06 PM)Iron Wrote: I heard a comment earlier which amused me: People are more excited about the 1998 Pokemon Gold beta than about the Switch announcement.

Lolz? But it's true that I'd personally rather play that Beta (once it's debugged and translated into English by dedicated people) and enjoy its curiosity and huge pixels than yet another Kanto-Remake in a 3D-optic.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
(06-01-2018, 04:06 PM)Iron Wrote: I heard a comment earlier which amused me: People are more excited about the 1998 Pokemon Gold beta than about the Switch announcement.

To be fair, that's pretty exciting too Tongue I'm certainly finding it quite amusing and interesting myself.  Definitely interested in seeing what the community does with that rom data now that it's finally out there.
I'm uninterested in this title, since I still have Leaf Green, Fire Red, and even the original Pokémon Blue if I want to play through Gen 1 anymore. I also extremely dislike it for removing the tradition aspect of catching Pokémon and instead tying it to a mobile game I also have little interest and a small amount of contempt for (They REALLY mismanaged it overall, imo), and the Co-Op does nothing for me per my preferences for Single Player Games Only. If I want to play with real people/friends, Pokémon Showdown still exists. The fact that the in game Trainers are also weak kinda kills it for me, since I rather have Trainers with 1 Pokémon instead of 3 at min unless its REALLY powerful. I also dislike that this is tied to an online service model instead of simply being a game you can buy and own forever. If I want that sort of experience, TF2 and Overwatch already have that long shriveled up niche.

Overall, I find these titles to be a disappointment through and through based on the information presented, and will not be selling out any money for them. That's my opinion, though, so take it however you will or ignore it outright.
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
I've heard about this game on bulbapedia. I don't have a switch and if I did there is only one game for it I wanna get and it hasn't been released in the US yet (I think) the senran kagura game for switch. and I'd definitely rather play the gold beta and it's broken shiny rng. (I've gotten 6-7 in one day) I think the funniest thing about the beta is the starting town name: Silent Hill(Isn't that a horror game/movie franchise Dodgy)
EDIT: Ah, here we are this is the game for the switch I was talking about: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senran_Kag...Reflexions
and I was right not yet released in america. on a side note, the switch isn't region locked sooo... *Goes to Amazon.com to order a copy of the game and a switch* (jk Tongue )
[Image: 7V2sBYC.png]
(06-03-2018, 10:03 AM)Mikaruge108 Wrote: I've heard about this game on bulbapedia. I don't have a switch and if I did there is only one game for it I wanna get and it hasn't been released in the US yet (I think) the senran kagura game for switch. and I'd definitely rather play the gold beta and it's broken shiny rng. (I've gotten 6-7 in one day) I think the funniest thing about the beta is the starting town name: Silent Hill(Isn't that a horror game/movie franchise Dodgy)

I'm expecting Pyramid Head to jump from the shadows of the town during night now.
But wait a moment, Mika..... You've encountered shiny Pokemon in there?! Cool. You by chance haven't made any screeshots of these, haven't you?
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
(06-03-2018, 12:12 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote:
(06-03-2018, 10:03 AM)Mikaruge108 Wrote: I've heard about this game on bulbapedia. I don't have a switch and if I did there is only one game for it I wanna get and it hasn't been released in the US yet (I think) the senran kagura game for switch. and I'd definitely rather play the gold beta and it's broken shiny rng. (I've gotten 6-7 in one day) I think the funniest thing about the beta is the starting town name: Silent Hill(Isn't that a horror game/movie franchise Dodgy)

I'm expecting Pyramid Head to jump from the shadows of the town during night now.
But wait a moment, Mika..... You've encountered shiny Pokemon in there?! Cool. You by chance haven't made any screeshots of these, haven't you?

Fun facts about the shinies in the beta G/S:
- the encounter rate for them is higher (a lot higher, even)
- Shinies typically have pretty good stats as opposed to average/mediocre ones
- Only Sunflora and Pikachu have the proper code for the shiny sparkle implemented in the base data, so you have to be paying very careful attention to the color of the pokemon's sprite
(06-03-2018, 12:12 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote:

Yup got screencaps will post soon as I get my laptop booted
EDIT: @Phantom, check the shiny share thread, and I used VBA, with the "GBA Border" option enabled to play in color.
[Image: 7V2sBYC.png]