Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
EVENT RECAP: WTE 6
Heart 
Greetings, Uranium fans and breeders!  As part of my duties as co-coordinator of the Wondertrade Extravaganza, @CodySP entrusted me with the task of carrying on the tradition of the event recap post here in the forum.  Which is... well, rather long overdue, but hey -- better late than never, right?  Angel  Blush

So without futher ado...

Stats from the Great Wondertrade Extravaganza 6

WTE6 kicked off on Saturday, July 14th at approximately 5pm EDT.  Although scheduled to last 5 hours, everyone was having so much fun trading that the event was extended to nearly 8 hours!

24 of our talented and dedicated Pokemon breeders signed up for WTE.  Some weren't able to make the event -- however, quite a few more breeders came out the day of the event, bringing our total number of participating breeders up to 26!

Breeders from literally all around the world came together to participate; we had representatives from every continent except Antarctica taking part in the festivities!

Almost 8500 bred Pokemon went out into Wondertrade -- that's more than double the number of Pokemon that our breeders sent out during WTE5!

The breeder who sent out the most Pokemon was Vyhn#3438 of the Breeder's Guild Discord server, with a whopping 1,110 Pokemon -- a new record for a single trader!

Although WTE6 had a bit of a rough start (server slowdowns and at least one breeder getting the dreaded "blue screen of death" midtrade), whatever issues came up were rapidly solved and everyone was able to come together to enjoy the event, making this one of the most successful Wondertrade Extravaganzas to date.  Thank you to everyone who came out to participate, and we hope to see everyone for lucky #7!  Big Grin
(08-10-2018, 01:43 PM)EeveeBailey Wrote: ...with a whopping 1,110 Pokemon...

To put this in perspective the storage can hold a maximum of 1,050 pokemon, unless there are boxes hiding that I don't know about.
[Image: 7V2sBYC.png]
That means more than a full in-game PC of Pokemon has been traded around in WTE#6? That's like....so cool to think about. What also delights me much is that there were way less random wild-caught Pokemon around but instead more qualitative breedjects. Maybe it's because of these 26 Breeders joining and throwing in stuff? ^^

Today I learned that Antarctica isn't connected to the internet by fiber optic cables but via selected satellite network, and the time that they can use the internet is limited and needs to be pre-scheduled. Oh well, guess having someone sending in Pokemon from a research station remains wishful (and hilarious) thinking...
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
(08-10-2018, 01:53 PM)Mikaruge108 Wrote:
(08-10-2018, 01:43 PM)EeveeBailey Wrote: ...with a whopping 1,110 Pokemon...

To put this in perspective the storage can hold a maximum of 1,050 pokemon, unless there are boxes hiding that I don't know about.

Nope, no hidden boxes here!  A few of our breeders have multiple saves that they breed on, Vyhn being one of them.  He had two saves that he traded from, which is how he managed to send out over a PC's worth of Pokemon.

It's especially useful for being able to claim multiple Mystery Gifts and get extra of the one-time-use evo items like the Razor Fang and Royal Jelly, not to mention the extra storage space (since the devs have pretty much said they're not going to expand the PC storage again).  Plus you can create your own Masuda saves by changing your computer's default language before creating a new game.
Thank you again to everybody who came out for WTE6. After WTE5 I was seriously having doubts about hosting another due to 5's less than stellar participation numbers. Bailey convinced me to give it one more go and I couldn't be happier with the results. The Wondertrade Extravaganza is only made possible by you, the community of awesome fans who constantly show your love for Pokemon Uranium.

Also, let's give a big round of applauds to Bailey for spearheading this event. She most certainly took the reigns on this one and the turnout was astonishing.
Backup your saves, don't lose progress!
C:\users\<Username>\Saved Games\Pokemon_Uranium

Save Backups:
C:\users\<Username>\Saved Games\Pokemon_Uranium\Backups

OID: 000003 OT: Cody
(08-15-2018, 02:41 PM)CodySP Wrote: Also, let's give a big round of applauds to Bailey for spearheading this event. She most certainly took the reigns on this one and the turnout was astonishing.

[Image: -3lBuB.gif]

Thank YOU for leading the community also, Cody! <3
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
(08-15-2018, 02:41 PM)CodySP Wrote:

No problem, mate! Breeding might be a hassle for me now, but I'm more than willing to go through the grind to make quality Pokémon for the world over! Hopefully next time I'll be ready to send out even MORE Pokémon than ever before! ...If I remember to breed a bit earler and hatch all my Eggs, that is. That's always the difficult part....finding time to do all of that.

Also, congrats Bailey! Cody couldn't have picked a better person for this job than you, mate!

Also also, Phantom's right! You deserve ample praise too, for being the one responsible for helping revive the Uranium Community and keeping it safe/stable!
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650