Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Nintendo continues its fight against gamers
The point I was trying to make was not them making a comeback; it's trying to find some of these obscure gems and not being able to because of all instances of them being removed.
[Image: 7V2sBYC.png]
No thank you, Nintendo can't make me buy a Switch no matter what they do or what they release on that console. It's nice though that they promise to add Online services to old games - but I'm sorry, this feels rather misplaced for retro games to my taste, it just doesn't fit.

Psst, Mika... *moves a little closer and nervously looks around*
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
(08-16-2018, 10:57 AM)Lord Windos Wrote: As for the Nintendo service....did they say how many games they were going to be offering at the onset, and if they will contiously expand that amount fast and noticeable enough (They release more than a trickle)? I'd like actually numbers and solid statements before I give any credit to the big N, given their sordid track record with its customers/fanbase.

No specific numbers or names.  But that might be because it's going to be an ongoing thing similar to what Playstation and Xbox do with their online services/access.
(08-16-2018, 11:30 AM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: No thank you, Nintendo can't make me buy a Switch no matter what they do or what they release on that console. It's nice though that they promise to add Online services to old games - but I'm sorry, this feels rather misplaced for retro games to my taste, it just doesn't fit.
Never said the console was supposed to be a retro gaming console.
I never intended that it is either. It's just that I prefer my retro games free of services that weren't available back these days, just me and the cartridge. Or the ROM respectively. ^^
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
(08-16-2018, 11:30 AM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: No thank you, Nintendo can't make me buy a Switch no matter what they do or what they release on that console. It's nice though that they promise to add Online services to old games - but I'm sorry, this feels rather misplaced for retro games to my taste, it just doesn't fit.

Psst, Mika... *moves a little closer and nervously looks around*

hmm we've got similar opinions on the Nintendo Switch matter, and thanks *bookmarked* +1 rep for being awesome!
[Image: 7V2sBYC.png]
Awwwww thank you! >//o//< *glad for having been able to help out, and for not being lonely with their weird beliefs*
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
Well, this thread had certainly become a hotbed for debate on the issue! Its sorta nice, seeing as this is a nice spurt of activity for the forums, and something to think about for us all too!
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
That site has the coolest design ever!
Current project:
http://fringehikers.com/
Tabletop RPG PokeRole: http://pokemonuranium.co/forum/showthread.php?tid=789
"I encourage Sceptile to branch out."
(08-15-2018, 03:58 PM)Iron Wrote: I wonder if it could have anything to do with the rumor that Nintendo will be porting lots of old games to the Nintendo Switch.

I sincerely hope it's this. Because as it stands, Emulators and ROM sites are quite literally a huge piece of pop culture history.

The files they provide, under ordinary circumstances, are archaic files that run on obsolete technology that are completely impossible to obtain or put to use without the use of extensive emulation software (Which is no easy feat to make) Which means that while we're certainly allowed to remember those games, we are completely robbed of playing them to revisit those memories. Despite the fact that emulating retro games does nothing to effect the modern day game market, as these games are no longer supported, referenced or cataloged unless kept in a read-only archive.

Obviously, my position here definitely marks me in the moral grey area when it comes to games and their distribution. Despite that and speaking only as a fact driven individual, I think it's ridiculous that these attacks have been so rampant and overzealous, especially if they still have no intention to support these games in the future. At least of they ported these old games, the actions would be justified.
Backup your saves, don't lose progress!
C:\users\<Username>\Saved Games\Pokemon_Uranium

Save Backups:
C:\users\<Username>\Saved Games\Pokemon_Uranium\Backups

OID: 000003 OT: Cody