Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Soft Resetting List For Shinies??
(12-21-2018, 09:59 PM)VictoryHoshi Wrote:
(12-21-2018, 04:07 AM)EeveeBailey Wrote:
(12-21-2018, 12:44 AM)VictoryHoshi Wrote:
(12-21-2018, 12:19 AM)Lord Windos Wrote: Hey, we all make mistake, so don't feel too awful about that mate. Now that you have that knowledge and more, you can shiny hunt all the Legendary Pokemon more efficiently now, so rejoice!!

Hurrah! Knowledge is power! And knowing is half the battle ~
I have been around for..... I want to say two plus years... I don't know time flies... but this thread is the first time I have heard of the auto-save feature. Was that added recently or awhile ago?

The autosave feature has been a thing since version 1.2.0 (a little over a year ago), but it has to be manually turned on and given a duration.  It triggers on a "map change" (i.e. entering/leaving a building, going between routes, etc.), which is how it can be used for Urayne...
As for Garlikid...
No way, that's amazing! Thanks for the tips Bailey! Man that blows my mind saves me a loooot of time. Does it offer a nickname screen or if I press the menu button will its sprite change to a shiny one when shiny?

I can't remember on Garlikid to be honest... it's been a while since I SR'ed for that one (plus I didn't get the shiny, I stopped at a high-IV one with good nature).  Either way, you'll be able to check from the menu screen and see the sprite.

With Urayne however, you HAVE to select to nickname it, otherwise you won't get a chance to see it until after the hall of fame scene, at which point the game saves.
Star 
What about Praseopunk and Neopunk - are they both available via SR??
(12-23-2018, 04:45 AM)WatsonSSG Wrote: What about Praseopunk and Neopunk - are they both available via SR??

Yes to both, and since they are a wild encounter, they're influenced by the Shiny Charm (but that means you'll need to have touch-traded them prior).  The same applies to Actan and Lanthan as well.

Keep in mind that you'll only be able to catch either Praseopunk or Neopunk per save file, but not both (since you'll encounter them in a double battle).
In regards to Bailey's post, also keep in mind that the Shiny Chance for each of the punks is separate, so If you want one punk in particular having a snazzy sprite, you'll have to be persistent in resetting for them, and if you want both Shiny.......well, you're not only better off breeding for them using the masamuda method (Breed Two Punks of Different Nations/Countries Together In Order To Increase Chance Of Shiny Offspring), since you can only catch one punk at a time and that Event only triggers once per playthrough if succeeded....
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
One other thing, tbh it's probably better hunting Owten through pokeradar w/ shiny charm, but can you SR for Owten through the static encounters as well??
Breeding with Masuda is probably better than PokeRadar, I'd think. But yes you can SR the static encounters.
Current project:
http://fringehikers.com/
Tabletop RPG PokeRole: http://pokemonuranium.co/forum/showthread.php?tid=789
"I encourage Sceptile to branch out."
(12-24-2018, 12:06 AM)Lord Windos Wrote: In regards to Bailey's post, also keep in mind that the Shiny Chance for each of the punks is separate, so If you want one punk in particular having a snazzy sprite, you'll have to be persistent in resetting for them, and if you want both Shiny.......well, you're not only better off breeding for them using the masamuda method (Breed Two Punks of Different Nations/Countries Together In Order To Increase Chance Of Shiny Offspring), since you can only catch one punk at a time and that Event only triggers once per playthrough if succeeded....

Slight correction: breed one punk and one Duplicat of different languages, as the punk twins are genderless.

Masuda-method breeding does have higher odds than SR'ing, at 8/1024 (except of course for legendaries that can't breed); however, a maxed-out PokeRadar chain + Shiny Charm comes pretty close at 7/1024-- see the PokeRadar Guide for more info.