Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shiny sprite incorrect?
It's just a little thing I noticed about Archilles' shiny sprite... The lower jaw/chest area in the back's white, but the front's orange like the normal sprite... Is this an error?

Huh, you're right. That's curious! It could be fixed though with the help of a software to create sprites if feeling artistic.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
(02-27-2019, 12:42 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: Huh, you're right. That's curious! It could be fixed though with the help of a software to create sprites if feeling artistic.

Um, is that up to the game devs? I don't want to tweak anything if it requires permission to alter their sprites.
It doesn't need the permission of the devs if you'd like to edit something about the sprites, Himura - as far as I know, that is, I don't remember seeing an official statement about that I guess. But what speaks for it is that the graphics are open in a folder with the .exe game and the Breeder's Discord has an own channel to share edited sprites of Uranium's Mon to customize your copy. I've got some altered sprited implended in my game and edited some myself as well and none ever said something against it, which suggested it's allowed and possibly even desired if it encourages creativity.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
(02-28-2019, 12:58 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: It doesn't need the permission of the devs if you'd like to edit something about the sprites, Himura - as far as I know, that is, I don't remember seeing an official statement about that I guess. But what speaks for it is that the graphics are open in a folder with the .exe game and the Breeder's Discord has an own channel to share edited sprites of Uranium's Mon to customize your copy. I've got some altered sprited implended in my game and edited some myself as well and none ever said something against it, which suggested it's allowed and possibly even desired if it encourages creativity.

Thanks! I was nervous for a bit, because I went through all the work to correct the sprite. It took quite a bit, because it was animated and I had to make sure that I made each one uniform to the next.

What do you think?

Looks more like Yoshi now. ^^
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
Can confirm, it's perfectly fine to edit your own sprites.
Current project:
http://fringehikers.com/
Tabletop RPG PokeRole: http://pokemonuranium.co/forum/showthread.php?tid=789
"I encourage Sceptile to branch out."
(02-28-2019, 10:42 PM)Iron Wrote: Can confirm, it's perfectly fine to edit your own sprites.

Thanks!