Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Choice Scarf Sometimes Fails to Lock User Into One Move
I reported this already in the Pokemon Uranium Bug Report Sheet, but I wanted to bring it to attention here as well: apparently, a bug in this game is making the Choice Scarf a studpidly broken item for a Pokemon to hold, yielding the benefits of 1.5X speed AND the ability to switch between moves to the holder.

After a few battles Virtual Trainer battles where I brought a Choice Scarf user, I noticed that the Choice Scarfed Gyarados I was using seemed to be out-speeding everything, including the fastest speed demon on the block, Mega Inflagetah, and whenever I scored a one-hit KO, I was able to switch moves to KO the next Pokemon that the Virtual Trainer sent out.

Please fix this bug in the next patch that comes out. Thank you.
(04-01-2019, 06:39 PM)Andyv2 Wrote: I reported this already in the Pokemon Uranium Bug Report Sheet, but I wanted to bring it to attention here as well: apparently, a bug in this game is making the Choice Scarf a studpidly broken item for a Pokemon to hold, yielding the benefits of 1.5X speed AND the ability to switch between moves to the holder.

After a few battles Virtual Trainer battles where I brought a Choice Scarf user, I noticed that the Choice Scarfed Gyarados I was using seemed to be out-speeding everything, including the fastest speed demon on the block, Mega Inflagetah, and whenever I scored a one-hit KO, I was able to switch moves to KO the next Pokemon that the Virtual Trainer sent out.

Okay, I paid a little more attention to when the Choice Scarf bugs out and when it doesn't. Here are some more scenarios I encountered:

Choice Scarf Gyarados vs Mega Archilles at half health:
Gyarados is outsped and gets hit. Gyarados lives and OHKOs Archilles with Waterfall. Gyarados is choice locked into Waterfall when next target comes out. (Working as intended)

Choice Scarf Gyarados vs Terlard at half health:
Gyarados outspeeds and hits target. Gyarados OHKOs Terlard with Ice Fang. Gyarados is choice locked into Ice Fang when next target comes out. (Working as intended)

Choice Scarf Gyarados vs Mega Archilles at half health:
Gyarados outspeeds and hits target. Gyarados OHKOs Archilles with Waterfall. Gyarados is choice locked into Waterfall when next target comes out. (Working as intended)

Choice Scarf Gyarados vs Mega Gyarados at full health:
Gyarados outspeeds and hits target. Hits exchanged between target and Gyarados until target faints from 3HKO. Gyarados choice locked into Earthquake for the duration of the encounter and also when the next target comes out. (Working as intended)

Choice Scarf Gyarados vs Laissure at full health:
Gyarados is outsped and gets hit by Outrage. Gyarados OHKOs Laissure with Waterfall and is able to use other moves when the next target comes out. (Broken mechanics, not working as intended).

Overall, I now have come to believe that the bug only occurs when the Choice Scarf user OHKOs the first target it encounters from 100% HP to 0% HP. I hope this extra information helps a little more to fix the battle mechanic.
(04-01-2019, 06:39 PM)Andyv2 Wrote: I reported this already in the Pokemon Uranium Bug Report Sheet, but I wanted to bring it to attention here as well: apparently, a bug in this game is making the Choice Scarf a studpidly broken item for a Pokemon to hold, yielding the benefits of 1.5X speed AND the ability to switch between moves to the holder.

I did even more tests for the Choice Scarf. I was surprised when the Choice Scarf worked properly in another case of Gyarados vs Mega Archilles (full health), where Gyarados got outsped and hit by Archilles. Looks like %health has nothing to do with the Choice Scarf. So I decided try it out against the NPCs in the Tandor Championship. It seemed like the fact that I was using a Luxelong with Dragon Dance and Baton Passing boosts onto the Scarfed Pokemon was causing this bug, and is also a strategy I was using a lot in the Virtual Trainer battles. In any case, I hope this gets fixed.