Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help Does the stab work for the 2nd type ?
Question 
Hello , I'm posting this thread because with my eletux which is water/electr type I do less damage with thunder shock than water gun when the only difference between these 2 attacks are the type. So I was asking did the STAB work only for the first type of a pokemon in this game ?

I'm excuse if  I write english bad it's not my native language.
It should work for both Types when the Pokemon's having two, yes. At least that's what I always thought? o.o How much damage you deal also strongly depends on the opponent, maybe you've been using Thunder Shock against foes with high Special Defense?
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
There's an error where the Water and Fire types receive increased damage. That could be why.
Current project:
http://fringehikers.com/
Tabletop RPG PokeRole: http://pokemonuranium.co/forum/showthread.php?tid=789
"I encourage Sceptile to branch out."
PhantomUnderYourDesk
It should work for both Types when the Pokemon's having two, yes. At least that's what I always thought? o.o How much damage you deal also strongly depends on the opponent, maybe you've been using Thunder Shock against foes with high Special Defense?

"maybe you've been using Thunder Shock against foes with high Special Defense?" even in that case thunder chock and water gun are special attack with 40 power the only difference between them is the type therefore the damage they do on a pokemon (with no type advantage) should be the same.
Iron
There's an error where the Water and Fire types receive increased damage. That could be why.

that would explain my problem but I'm stupefy than a bug of this importance isn't fix after all patches
This was bugging the hell out of me too (pun unintended).

The only thing I can think of as to why such a type discrepancy would exist is if it was to make sure that the player was more likely to win against their rival in the initial battle so that newbies don't get thrown to the wolves right away. It would make sense given the fact that Orchynx has a Grass-type move in the form of Leech Seed but doesn't actually do direct damage. And it's possible that rather than increasing the damage for water and fire attacks in that one instance, it ended up applying to the game as a whole and it's just harder to notice since most of the time you gravitate towards one move and one move only when battling against opponents due to most pokemon having multiple types and only one attack type tends to be ideal for engaging them?

I myself only took notice when I was using my Eletruxo against one of the EV training Ninjas, and noticed that even though Scald had lower base damage than Thunderbolt, both were special attacks, and both attacks did neutral damage to the target, Scald was still doing way more damage.

I just assumed that there was a gameplay shake-up that I was not aware of over the generations, like the Physical/Special Attack split, Fairy types, etc. That maybe the primary type did +50% and the second type only got a +25% STAB boost or something like that.

I also agree that fixing this should definitely be prioretized. Archilles and Inflagetah's teir 2 piorety Flame Impact with STAB damage and possible boosts from Sunny Day/Swords Dance is terrifying enough without having a magical damage boost that doesn't apply to anything else.
֎▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬֍
▓ I'm not a pessimist, I'm a realist in a world of misery.  ▓
֎▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬֍