Poll: should the exp share effect the entire party?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes
66.67%
2 66.67%
no
33.33%
1 33.33%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
exp share more efficient
the game obviously has fairy types so it was made during the time of the generation that had the exp share effect the entire party so why not in uranium? that would really help a lot.
Good idea, but considering everything else the devs have on their plates to do with this game (and all in their free time too, to boot), I doubt they'll change the EXP Share anytime soon if still works 'fine enough' as is. Between all the re-challengeable Trainers in the game that scale in level with your party/strongest Pokemon, the EV Ninja in Tsuki. after you complete that quest associated with them, and the Lucky Egg, though, leveling up a whole team isn't that much of an pain anyway (especially if you play with Traded Pokemon). Grindy, yes, but perfectly doable.
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
Part of the reason many of the game mechanics work the way they do is because the game was originally made as a Gen 3/4 styled game, eventually transitioning to Gen 5 graphics.

I.E., the super powered EXP All from Gen 6 didn't exist during the bulk of this game's original development time (which took about 8 years iirc).

At least, that's how I understand it.
Veteran gamers all complained about how easy the Gen VI exp share made the game.
Current project:
http://fringehikers.com/
Tabletop RPG PokeRole: http://pokemonuranium.co/forum/showthread.php?tid=789
"I encourage Sceptile to branch out."
(05-22-2019, 08:41 PM)Iron Wrote: Veteran gamers all complained about how easy the Gen VI exp share made the game.

Yeah, there's that too, I suppose.  Though the common argument that's always thrown back at that one is 'then just turn it off'.

Of course, then grinding becomes so much more of a pain in that situation since you have to resort to switch training...and grinding with the Gen 6+ exp share on means switching out the party pokemon you're planning to use until you're done training so that they don't end up overleveled...

In any case, both styles of exp share have their pros and cons.

And we don't talk about the Gen 1 Exp All.
Quote:Veteran gamers all complained about how easy the Gen VI exp share made the game.

Then I probably should call myself like that as well, because agreed. I dislike that new mechanic of the EXP Share strongly as it completely and mercilessly messes up what I usually like to do late in-game and post-game: Having five good, strong and liked Pokemon and one small Baby Pokemon with the EXP Share in my team to level it up a bit before it's capable to be trained directly. Very useful for those that evolve at high level.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
Exp shares slow you down but if you're determined, you can just ask for one on the discord.
Current project:
http://fringehikers.com/
Tabletop RPG PokeRole: http://pokemonuranium.co/forum/showthread.php?tid=789
"I encourage Sceptile to branch out."
(05-22-2019, 08:41 PM)Iron Wrote: Veteran gamers all complained about how easy the Gen VI exp share made the game.

I'm fairly neutral on the matter of the Gen VI + EXP Shares. On one hand, keeping my team's levels even is a hassel and makes things a tad to easy, but on the other hand it makes challenge runs easier/more bearable (Like Monotype, or Nuzlocke if they allow it), and it offers people a choice in helping them speed through the game if they are just in it for the glory of conquest and grinding. I'd personally like it if there were two versions of the EXP Share, where one works with the new mechanics, and the other with the old, and each of them being mutually exclusive in their use (No combos). Best of both worlds there in that solution, with only the 'Git Gudders' being unhappy with any compromise that makes their games less challenging for others.

But that's besides the point of this thread's topic, so I'll just leave my two cents on that at that.
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650