Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[Game Thread] Pokerole: Mount Coronet Mystery
(01-22-2020, 12:52 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: (...) "....Alright, any of you want a Evolution Stone in particular, some Light Clay, or whatever I can manage to unearth from these walls? 'Cause as you can see, I'm well equipped and prepared to do some excavating, if need be. If you do want something, I'll get it for you, but you'll owe me later. Ain't doing charity work for any of ya, 'cause if I'm going to spend part the night carefully mining these walls and split my haul,  it has to be worth my while. If that doesn't suit your fancy, I got one other set of Digging Gear I bought just in case that I can lend out to one of you. Well?" (...)

Before Kee makes even the slightest attempt of a deal with Ran in that matter, he will try to get a Fire Stone himself the way I described here (at the bottom section) - He's more of an independant guy who does not really enjoy being in debt with anyone unless it's inavoidable, and he tells just that to him in a calm and quiet manner. "In case my Pokemon don't make it free that one Fire Stone for me, I'd much rather lend that Digging Gear ya mentioned and try my luck myself, 'kay?"

In case this fails too, well, then Kee's probably just going to give up on this Fire Stone in particular: UNLESS it makes Stella very sad and his + Octavia's consolation that they can find and buy one later and that she's way too young yet to evolve are not helping.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
(01-22-2020, 03:14 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: Before Kee makes even the slightest attempt of a deal with Ran in that matter, he will try to get a Fire Stone himself the way I described here (at the bottom section) - He's more of an independant guy who does not really enjoy being in debt with anyone unless it's inavoidable, and he tells just that to him in a calm and quiet manner. "In case my Pokemon don't make it free that one Fire Stone for me, I'd much rather lend that Digging Gear ya mentioned and try my luck myself, 'kay?"

In case this fails too, well, then Kee's probably just going to give up on this Fire Stone in particular: UNLESS it makes Stella very sad and his + Octavia's consolation that they can find and buy one later and that she's way too young yet to evolve are not helping.

"*Raises one eyebrow at the method they described, before shrugging* If that's your choice, so be it. Judging from my experience, I don't think your method of mining will produce the kind of results ya want, but I can respect finding your own way and putting in some effort to do it."

*Looks over to Karen, notably ignoring Lucas*

"How about you? You want me to mine ya something, lass? Or you want to try your own hand at it?"
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
(01-22-2020, 03:06 PM)Lord Windos Wrote:
"Its a fair price. I can pay some of the price in advance." Kogeki search his bag until he finds some of the requested items: a Dusk Ball, a Ultra Ball and a Super Potion. "My last trip in Coronet, Rowan had buyed to me a few Dusk Balls. The rare Pokemon I will get later while be searching here in Coronet for sure. But in case of items I pretty sure we will get the chance in find something neat, and I will pay you the rest. A ninja always keep it word."
Kogeki currently ability to active in battles: Anticipation.
(01-22-2020, 03:36 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: "Its a fair price. I can pay some of the price in advance." Kogeki search his bag until he finds some of the requested items: a Dusk Ball, a Ultra Ball and a Super Potion. "My last trip in Coronet, Rowan had buyed to me a few Dusk Balls. The rare Pokemon I will get later while be searching here in Coronet for sure. But in case of items I pretty sure we will get the chance in find something neat, and I will pay you the rest. A ninja always keep it word."

Once Kogeki brings out all that loot and starts making promises to 'pay him the rest', Ran's eyebrows shot up and he held out a hand to him, a polite frown on his face.

"Hold up, Kogeki. Think ya confusing the details of my deal. I said I take any ONE of the options of payment I offered, not all of them. A single Moon Stone ain't worth that much - at least, not in this situation. If you have other counter-offers you think I might be interested in, I'd be willing to hear them out too. Otherwise, I'd be fine with JUST taking that Dusk Ball and Super Potion from ya if I can mine a usable Moon Stone. Sound fair?"
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

(01-22-2020, 03:47 PM)Lord Windos Wrote:
(01-22-2020, 03:36 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: "Its a fair price. I can pay some of the price in advance." Kogeki search his bag until he finds some of the requested items: a Dusk Ball, a Ultra Ball and a Super Potion. "My last trip in Coronet, Rowan had buyed to me a few Dusk Balls. The rare Pokemon I will get later while be searching here in Coronet for sure. But in case of items I pretty sure we will get the chance in find something neat, and I will pay you the rest. A ninja always keep it word."

Once Kogeki brings out all that loot and starts making promises to 'pay him the rest', Ran's eyebrows shot up and he held out a hand to him, a polite frown on his face.

"Hold up, Kogeki. Think ya confusing the details of my deal. I said I take any ONE of the options of payment I offered, not all of them. A single Moon Stone ain't worth that much - at least, not in this situation. If you have other counter-offers you think I might be interested in, I'd be willing to hear them out too. Otherwise, I'd be fine with JUST taking that Dusk Ball and Super Potion from ya if I can mine a usable Moon Stone. Sound fair?"

"Ah in that case, sounds fair. Sorry about that. Yeah, then a Dusk Ball and Super Potion for the Moon Stone."
Lucas wasn't interested anyways.  He's currently making sure Scizor's comfortable by the campfire, and he has a chisel and hammer of his own that he can use when he has some free time to mine.

He's also currently ignoring Randolph for the most part, so...

----------------------------------------------------

Karen's 'Mining':

Karen thinks about Randolph's offer for a moment...before shaking her head.  "No, I actually have a different idea.  Thank you, though!"

Karen's idea actually doesn't involve mining at all!  She just summons her Nidorina and Roselia and starts searching for their respective evolutionary stones.  Once she's found a Moon Stone and a Shiny Stone for each of them respectively, she points them out so her pokemon can touch them...and evolve!  The two of them glow with that bright, evolutionary light, causing the cave to light up as all the evolutionary stones start reflecting and bouncing it around the cave!  Soon, it becomes difficult to see much of anything!

When the light fades, Karen has become the proud owner of both a Nidoqueen and a Roserade!  Roserade in particular gets special attention, as Karen has a few TMs that she wants to teach to the rose pokemon.

Nidoqueen looks a little jealous of Roserade, but the flower pokemon is over the moon about receiving all this attention from Karen and finally evolving to her final form.  +1 Happiness and Loyalty for Lotus.

------------------------------------------------------

Kee's 'Mining':

Kee's idea actually works surprisingly well!  But not in the way he was probably expecting.  When Stella uses Secret Power, she actually causes the cave to expand slightly to make even more room for the tent and campfire, and this causes a few of the evolutionary stones to just fall right off of the wall.  Stella ignores Kee's warning and starts to curiously poke the Fire Stone, very interested in it, but nothing happens as she's still too young to evolve.

In addition to the Fire Stone, Kee also gets...

*rolls*

- a Dawn Stone
- a Water Stone
- a Sun Stone

Unfortunately, this method only works once due to the nature of using Secret Power as a field move.  Stella's quite pleased that Kee allowed her to help with obtaining this very important item, though!  +1 Loyalty for Stella.

----------------------------------------------------

Randolph's Mining:

Randolph finds another Moon Stone embedded in the section of wall made out of Light Clay.  With all that equipment, getting it out probably won't be too difficult!

2 Dex (gotta be careful more than strong in this case) + 1 Fight + 1 Weapons + 2 SA + Proper Tools = 6 + 1
(6)(1)(2)(4)(2)(1)(6*) 2 successes.  Not a great job, but it's enough.

Randolph has a hard time getting the moon stone out of the hardened light clay.  Once he gets to the softer clay, though, he's able to practically scoop the Moon Stone right out!  He also gets 1 usable Light Clay from the mining session.

Unfortunately, the rest of the Light Clay is practically ruined in the mining attempt, and virtually unusable as a result.

-----------------------------------------------------

Kogeki's Training:

Kogeki, meanwhile, is holding his training session for his pokemon that have yet to evolve.

- Ed loves that he gets a chance to play, and Gama, a fellow Dark type, makes a great playmate.  The two of them run around and around and around the room until Ed can't run any more because he can't catch up to Gama unless the ninja frog lets him.  +3 Exp for Ed.

- Larvitar's definitely rather intimidated by Heracross at first.  Him?  Train with a Fighting type?  Heracross doesn't really look all that interested in training the small Rock type either.  Still, there's a chance they might listen to Kogeki despite that...

L: (6)(1)
D: (5)(4)

L: (2)(2)
D: (6)(4)

Neither Larvitar nor Heracross seem to be interested in training with each other much, and they require almost constant supervision from Kogeki to keep them focused on the task at hand.  Larvitar gets only 1 exp from the training session.

- Similar to Larvitar, Ralts is kinda intimidated by Susano'o at first.  Fortunately, Susano'o is much more helpful than Heracross is, and it doesn't take long for him and Ralts to become friends once the little empath realizes that he means no harm.  It helps that Susano'o humors Ralts and tries to keep their training away from the general vicinity of Randolph and Lucas.  Unfortunately, Strength isn't exactly a Ralts's strong suit, so Ralts ends up rather frustrated by the end of the training session.  +2 exp for Ralts.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

End of the Day:

With camp set up and everyone starting to settle in for a good, long rest, it's time for a few preparations, just in case.

Stymph scattering spikes around the entrance is a good idea.  Lucas actually has a little to add himself, too.  He summons his Torterra, Turk.

"Watch the entrance for us, okay?"  That's all Lucas needs to say to his ace, as the giant turtle has done this many times previously.  After a brief nod to Lucas, it goes over to the entrance...

...and sits down right in front of it, practically blocking the opening entirely.  And for good measure, he shakes the tree on his back, too, scattering rocks all around the entrance as well.

"That should do the trick.  Hopefully Scizor will be awake in the morning.  Well, night everyone.  I'll stay up for a little longer and keep watch with Turk for awhile."

Lucas does a little more than keep watch, though, and anyone who's not fully asleep after a half hour or so can hear him talking to someone.

-------------------------------------------------------------

It is now Day 5.  Pick your abilities, gain your daily will points, fully heal your characters, and harvest your planted berries (remind me what you planted, and I'll roll quantities)!

Lucas is the first one awake in the morning, and he's sitting by the fire with Sally and Scizor (though Scizor's keeping a respectable distance away from the fire for obvious reasons). Turk's still standing guard by the entrance by literally being a road block, snoring away.  Lucas and Sally are eating some rations from Lucas's supplies, while Scizor's eating one of the apples from his bag, delicately pinching it with one claw, careful not to get the juice all over his scarf and said bag.  Lucas waves everyone over as they wake up.  "Morning!  Look who woke up last night!  Figured I'd let you guys sleep so he could get some rest.  He's agreed to answer some questions after I explained where we found him, so fire away.  Oh, and..."

Sally interrupts with her telepathy, arms crossed and an annoyed expression on her face.  I'll be translating.  Annoyingly.  *sigh*  Seeing as I'm the only one who can, though, you're stuck with me unless you want to play charades with the more intelligent than average bug, I'm afraid.  Better get used to it.

"Uh, yeah...what she said.  It's a lot easier than playing a guessing game, at least, right?"
(01-22-2020, 06:40 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:
Kogeki watch the training going on. Ed seem to enjoy his training with Gama. The little pup cant reach the same level of speed as Gama (at least not yet) but he is doing a pretty good job. 

With Larvitar and Heracross, maybe putting a Dark/Rock type to train with Fighting bug was not the best idea. Maybe he can try let Larvitar train with someone less intimidating. Gama could help teach him later since they are both Dark.

Ralts been doing a better training with Susanoo, with little Ralts trying to hit little punchs in Susanoo powerful hide, and him teaching her the basic points of strengh. Ralts strengh its not that big, but at least she show some progress. "Hmm, strengh dont see her thing. Maybe I could try to make her train with Nagi. Fairy types is famous to their Prankster nature, so she unlock more power with him."

With the training done, Kogeki approach his "students". "A nice day of training you three. Still need a lot of work to do, but its begining. Gama. Susanoo. Awesome job in teach the young ones. Great job." They simple nod. "Ed. Ralts. You two show promising. You still have a lot of work to do before going in real battles, but you doing good in your training." Kogeki pat the heads of the two Pokemon.

Now he keep a gaze towards Larvitar and Heracross. "Heracross. You might be strong, but your intimidation aura and less interest in train Larvitar might damaged a bit his training. Fear alone dont always get the better hand. Besides, you have potential in become stronger if you teach other to be even stronger. Larvitar here have the potential in become stronger than you." Heracross look not very impress and simple humpft in disagreement. Him? A Dark Rock type? That something he doubt its gonna happen. Kogeki sigh and then look to Larvitar. "You should have also show some interest too Larvitar. Train under the wing of a Pokemon you have weakness is the core of the training too. There are times you might have to face Pokemon who you have type disavantage: Fairy. Water. Steel. Even Fighting types!"

"Remember the first we meet? Hime had double weakness to your Rock moves, and despite that her moves and power was enough to overpower you, even with that set trap of rock you put in the field. Today, Hime despite fear was able to help beat not one, but two ice types, another weakness of her." Larvitar look a bit down with Kogeki words, but then he kneel and put a hand in the head of the dark type. "Sorry for be so hard in you Larvitar. But I am that way because I know deep down, you have a infinity potential. Every Pokemon, be the most weak to the most powerful, have the potential in become strong. You are a Larvitar. You belong to the evolution line of Tyranitar, a pseudo Legendary Pokemon. Pseudo Legendary is stronger than most average Pokemon, close to Legendary Pokemon. And your evolution is one of the most feared Pokemon know."

"I know you can become that strong. And be able to control that power. And when you do it, no Pokemon will be able to make you fear again: Steel, fairy, water...even Fighting type. You will be one of the strongerst. I just know that..."

Kogeki gave the Pokemon a hug. (Reaction to that Dragonstrike?)

(Part 2 of my post coming soon)
Kogeki make a little change in his team. He send Frost to the PC promising to meet her very soon. My currently party right now is:

Susanoo (Ability: Sheer Force and Item Daikatunite)
Gama (Ability Protean and Item Kings Rock)
Heracross (Ability: Guts and Item Life Orb)
Hime (Ability: Speed Boost and Item Shell Bell)
Nagi and Nami (Abilities: Prankster and Illusion and Items Leftlovers and Quick Claw)

Other Pokemon abilities will be choose when the need to change Pokemon be necessary.

Kogeki take a time to join with the others. He takes a few minutes since he take out his mechanical arm, since he need to rest. The arm was inside of the bag, very well guarded, and took a few minutes to put it back. He also release Nami and brush her feathers, since she love received such attention.

He return Nami and bring out Izanagi. "Good morning Izanagi. You be doing very great in your last battles, so I have cool for ya." Kogeki then pull out Dazzling Gleam and Shadow Ball. "Dazzling Gleam and Shadow Ball. The first one is a great counter move to Dark types. Nami already have Focus Blast, so here something awesome and cool for you to use. And Shadow Ball because you were lacking STAB Ghost type moves. Considerelly a gift for your hard work." I suppose Nagi is ecstatic for receiving not one but two TMs moves?

About Scizor bussiness, Kogeki have a few question. "Good morning Lucas. Gladly to know no problem have happened. I do have a few questions. Like how he is feeling, if he have Scizor have a trainer, where he came, and how it ended up be frozen by those Frosslass. I think its a good bunch of first questions."
(01-22-2020, 06:40 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:

And Ran's pretty happy about that! Well, as much as he's capable of being, anyway. He was trying to get under the champ's skin and irritate the bejesus out of them by the end of their argument as one last dig, and them actively not paying him any mind is a good sigh of that in his books! Plus, it meant he could easily ignore them back and not have to offer his services to the man. Yay....?

(...)

His difficulty getting the Moon Stone freed from the clay was both surprising and annoying to the midget miner, but he grit his teeth and didn't let it affect him, freeing the precious Evo Stone and a small lump of L.C. for his troubles! Once extracted, he'd do his best to clean it off before waiting for Kogeki to finish his Training Session with his Mons and handing it over, accepting his payment of a Dusk Ball and Super Potion with a satisfied, collected nod.

"Here ya go. One Moon Stone, for your Clefa when it grows up. Was more of a hassle to get than I thought it be, but it's been awhile since I've mined from clay deposits. Least I got see Light Clay out of it too. Unless of course you want it too? I don't have any Pokemon that can use it myself, so I'd be willing to give it to you if you have a partner that can utilize it properly. Going to be sitting at the bottom of my pack otherwise for Heatran knows how long otherwise, so...?"

(...)

The dwarven craftsmith gives a grudging nod to Lucas' plan to conceal the entrance with his continental tortoise, as credit is due where its due. He's not that petty to deny him that much. More over, once they make their appearance Brigid takes a sudden, keen interest in them, stomping over to greet it with friendly, easy going, yet somehow somewhat eager smile and bob of her head. It's not often she gets to meet one of her relatives in relatively 'nice' situations, so she'd obviously had the desire to get to know him better. That, and perhaps maybe his rugged, tough looks appealed to her too in another way....

Ran for his part raised an eyebrow at that, but did little else besides shrugging it off. If his partner wanted to make friends with Lucas' or anyone elses Pokemon, he was not going to stop her. Like him and anyone, she had the right of choice, and he'd respect that....to a degree.

Due to a combination of sleeping close to a snoring/maybe restless Torterra and being restless from the lingering, simmering irritation/indignation towards the boy hero, Ran was still well awake in his sleeping bag around the time (much to his annoyance, naturally) they started talking someone he could all too well guess who. Their first comment did ziltch for his mood, only reinforcing his opinion that either the lad himself was incompetent in teaching or disciplining his Pokemon right or the blue bitch was just too much of herself and thick skulled for them to reach her. Subsequent lines almost to snort in bitter amusement, as he didn't care a Hoothoot what hardly anyone though of him, even the Pokemon Champion himself, and hearing more evidence he got under their skin brought a dark smile to face.

It was some of the last things they had to say about him that were....thought provoking for him. Intially, what they said served only to piss him off again, if only slightly, with him mentally snarking back to them 'Ya knew exactly the sort of person you were recommending Rowan to hire, boy. Should have thought twice and probably more 'fore deciding I'd get along great with others like a litter of playful Skitties on a godawful mission like this. Bah!' Their next comment took the angry wind right out of his sails, however. His expression shift wildly for a few seconds between pure resentment at their claim and something rawer, before it settled on a deep furrowed brow and a frown that, if anyone could see it, would only find the word resigned to describe it. 

'....He's not wrong. Don't doubt I've lived twice as long as he has, but....it be a Sucker Punch bet to say I have even a fraction of the pals he has. Human or not. *Mental Frown, and Sigh* ......And I believe I never will get to that. *Mental Chuckle* Just....no. Its too late for that to change. Not after....everything.'

With that....somber thought, the bristly blacksmith finally manages to pass out, the anger within him bled right out, leaving only quiet introspection to plague his subconscious.

(...)

Randolph's probably got up second or just after Kogeki, rising up and early, grumbling a bit about how uneven the ground was to himself as he packed up his sleeping bag, before pulling out what looked like some sort of MRE from his bag and did all the necessary steps to prepare it, + making himself a cup of cocoa. It when he finished with prepping his 'breakfast' that he mossied over to the camp fire prior to the champ's summons with a quiet nod to him and Sally, sitting down across from them with nary a word to say as he dug into his meal. Unlike yesterday night, though, the midget miner was not being dismissive and/or contemptuous about his silence. No, his quiet was more.....contemplative. Brooding, even, but in a tired, long suffering way. Ever so often would look up from his food to stare thoughtfully at the boy and his jackal, eyes shifting back and forth between try to determine something, before his brow furrowed and he refocused on slowly demolishing his MRE. 

He didn't pay the Scizors too much mind until Lucas gathered everyone together and announced open season to bug the ironclad insect with questions, and when the canine fighter surely announced her role as translator his gaze drifted onto her....and he just nodded.

"Fine by me. If ya don't want to, though, we can probably find some other way to communicate with them. Maybe Octavia or one of our Psychic Pokemon can help bridge the understanding gap, if it ends up too troublesome for ya to keep doing yourself. Maybe I can figure out a way to translate that....footprint script on their documents later too (presuming he was shown them at some point). *Snorts* Shouldn't be hard as it was to learn German or Latin, or at least the gist of it, I hope. That sound good to ya, Sally?"

His tone was calm as he spoke to her, almost to the point of being subdued. And it was also....polite and respectful too?

Once he got his answer from her, he'd turn his attention to the Scizors, and asked four short, straightforward questions. 

"What are ya exactly, Scizors? How much do ya know what's been strange happening? What's your goal now that you've here? And will you be going off on ya own soon, or sticking with us?"

Concerning Ran's Pokemon Abilities for the Day and their Items (if any), they are the following:
Diam: Default (Prankster), Sablenite
Beethoven: Default (Keen Eye), Silk Scarf
Puck: Intimidate, Leftovers
Stymph: Sturdy, N/A
Brigid: White Smoke, Assault Vest
Zorn: Sheer Force, Life Orb
Sekhmet: Default (Sandstream), N/A
Belladonna: Stench, Charcoal
Catherine: Forewarn, Spell Tag
Boreal: Snow Warning, N/A
Amethyst: Pressure, Rocky Helmet
Delta Wingul: Default, N/A
Excadrill (Male): Sand Rush, Metal Coat

His Default Party Line-up for the day will be Diam (Out of her punishment, will have scene with her later!), Beethoven, Zorn/Excadrill (Default to Zorn first), Amethyst, Belladona, and Boreal. He'll also have Catherine out intermediately to scope out the area with her Forewarn Ability along with Amethyst's Doom Sense + Future Sight. That should do it!

(01-23-2020, 04:01 AM)Lord Windos Wrote:

Kogeki accept the Moon Stone, taking a few seconds to look at the beatiful gem, and then nod his head and put in his bag. "Thank you once more Master Blackmist Randolph. Once more you gave me another nice item for be used later. Thank you." He bow in respect towards Rans more or less like this. He drew his sword and stuck it in the ground

While Kogeki stand up once more and Rans offer the Light Clay Kogeki speak once more. "It could be awesome useful to me Rans. Izanami, my Dramsama, know both Light Screen and Reflect. Normally she hold a Quick Claw to give her more speed, but this Light Clay could be a great option in long battles in case things nasty and we get long defenses. I accept this Light Clay if you dont mind."