Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[Game Thread] Pokerole: Mount Coronet Mystery
'Nervous tension' is an accurate way to describe how a certain rainbow-y young man and his  shiny Sylveon feel like, though he makes sure that it does not show. This tension is SWEPT AWAY like dandelion seeds hit by a critical Gust as they step out of the cave and into...
(ノ´ з `)ノ DAYLIGHT!!! THE SUN AND ITS BRIGHT AND WARM RAYS OF MORNING!!!~~
Never before Kee has been SO happy to see that light, usually the lightness of the morning gives him headaches and +100% grumpiness when he returns home after raveing and putting of tracks for a whole night. But NOW he and Octavia can't help but smile so widely at the sun it's almost looking like they've lost their mind. "AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! How 'bout THAT, take THAT ya f#ckin' *censored* blizzard!!!"

Then his gaze spots that mountain ahead and the swirly black stuff above it's peak, and his mood+expression make a turn by 180° to a disgusted and dismissive one. "Uggghh..... Well, CHANCES ARE we have to make it up to that top and black stuff, right? Hooraaaay, it totally doesn't feels like we're runnin' into our own demise."

Keehas decided to stop overthinking WHY and HOW things are going so astray, so all he does when it becomes clear that they've straightly and innocently wandered right into one of these 'mystery dungeon'-thingies Scizor has told them about earlier is shrugging and being 'meh, whatever'. Though when this special and steely bug dares to suggest the UNTHINKABLE in such a situation - splitting up - he mirrors Ran as in 'looking like he is about to bite Scizor's head off and swallow it whole' This is no situation to get into a fight or kill off companions just because so Kee ends up double-facepalming and sighing like he's three times older than he is. "'kay.... OKAY THEN..." He removes his hands from his face again. "Splitting up's usually equal to saying 'Hello dangerous foes and traps, here I am, please come n' mop the floor with me', but if the expert and clearly MOST-EXPERIENC'D in our rows suggests that doin' so in THIS instance 'd be for tha best, I'm gonna.... trust 'em on this. Plain 'n simply."

Why there are suppossed to be something like STAIRS within a rough and tall MOUNTAIN Kee's not going to wondering about now, but he wishes he'd had some sort of skill like an intuitive Stair Sensor.

"Question is HOW d'we gonna split up? ....We're five people 'n one Scizor who's havin' some sort of home-turf advantage due to havin' traveled through these sorts of dungeon-thingies b'fore. Uh... How 'bout me, Ran and Karen stick with 'nother while you, Lucas, Kogeki 'n Scizor form tha other 'exploration team'?" How it feels like a bad idea to put Karen and Lucas as well as Lucas and Ran into the same team, Kee's not going to explain further.

"Oh, maybeh itd do us well to have some means to stay in contact while lookin' for these.....'stairs' too." He turns towards Scizors. "IS there a way for these 'exploration teams' stay in contact with each other on one floor at all, Scizors? Like, more of these blue Orbs maybeh?" Kee absolutely doubts that there's cell reception down here.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
(01-24-2020, 11:02 AM)Dragonstrike Wrote:
"Hmmm..." Kogeki took a few seconds and he finally spoke. "You guys will think what I about to say is craziness but I perhaps have a theory. " Kogeki wave his hands around the place they are in. "Do you remember what you said before Rans? About Dialga playing time distortion in this place? I think now its not that so much farfetch. Whatever is causing the time distortion not only distort the time around the mountain...but also somehow affect time and space in other worlds." 

Kogeki then sit on a rock and begin to explain. "I read on a book about a scientist who works in time space on Alola. This place is some type of Nexus, a place where time and space means nothing. Past, present...and maybe the future is maybe connected to this place. Thats how we meet Pokemon who do not appear normally like Kee Drampa, Alpico who Karen capture who is a Tandor Pokemon, and the Snopatch who I capture who is a fossil pokemon in Tandor who was extinct for thousands of years."

"How these creatures, from differents regions and timelines end up right here? Only reason is if their get transported here to our timeline. If they are from our universe timeline or another is another question. This could also explain the appearance of the Primal Rampardos I fight and defeat in the first time me, Rowan and Dawn get here. And could explain how our metalic Scizor here get here. He was problably from another universe where Pokemon exist but there is no presence of humans."

"Crazy? Maybe. But we live on a world where dragons run free, and Pokemon who can access other dimensions. So dimensions and alternative universes exist. But I am no scientist and all I say is simple speculation base in nothing, so feel free to disagree if you guys want."

Kogeki then look again at Scizor. "You say our humans are simple legend. What happen to the humans of your world? Did they destroyed themselves? Were extinct by natural causes? Something else happens? Also, what exatcly is the thing you can remember before coming here. Every bit of information is important."
Kogeki currently ability to active in battles: Anticipation.
When Kogeki get outside and see what current situation of the mountain, he was speechless. He could feel and the ominous feeling that this journey soon gonna end. And he might get some of the answers he search so much. "Well, even if not, I may get a step closer. I hope Rowan pay me very well."

With the decision of split up Kogeki agreed. "I agree with the decision of split up. I do not fully trust you Scizor, but it holds certain truth. About the team could be just like this:"

Team 1#: Kee and Randolph. You two have strong Pokemon, and you AoE moves could make a change in battle in case you get surrounded.

Team 2#: Karen and Lucas. Your Pokemon seems to have a good synergy among you, so it might good for you act as a team. Not to mentioned Lucas is a Champion, so thats a plus since he is experience.

Team 3#: Me and Scizor. Someone has to keep a eye on Scizor, and my Pokemon is pretty strong enough in case that Scizor is not telling the fully truth. I also a ninja, so stealth and hide in the shadows is my speciality. 

"Of course, thats just my suggestions of Team make. Scizor could also go with either Randolph or Lucas, and Karen or Kee could go with me. My Pokemon could offer support moves with Ralts/Cleffa healing. Not to mentioned Primarina and Daikatuna fighting together can deal of damage. My old destroyed mask prove that more than enough. And in case this place have effects of weather too, my Cocancer can easily set Rain Dance to increase Water Power."

"Unless someone disagree with that idea of group formation?"
(01-26-2020, 01:51 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: Kogeki then look again at Scizor. "You say our humans are simple legend. What happen to the humans of your world? Did they destroyed themselves? Were extinct by natural causes? Something else happens? Also, what exatcly is the thing you can remember before coming here. Every bit of information is important."

Scizor shrugs.  He has no idea what happened to the humans in his world.  He's also already explained that the last thing he remembers before waking up here was getting caught in a blinding snowstorm and being attacked by a Froslass.
(01-26-2020, 02:09 PM)Spiritmon Wrote:

Scizor recommends splitting into two teams.  3 teams would likely spread everyone too thin.
When Octavia hears that she might not be team'd up with dear Karen, she lowers her ears in sadness and whines quietly, which earns her a frown and a glance from the side from Kee. "Nownow, my dear, dontcha get too clingy, will ya?" He says that in a mocking tone, but the faeeveelution knows very well that it's simultaneously a faint rebuke. Throwing a shy and apologizong look at Karen, Octavia then snuggles up extra-close towards her most-belowed caretaker.

(01-26-2020, 02:09 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: (...)"Unless someone disagree with that idea of group formation?"

Kee is quick to raise a hand. "Yeah I am, for the sole reason that formin' THREE teams 's simply too much, like Scizor's sayin'. With three members in one, uh... 'exploration team' there's more freedom to subconsciously assign certain roles, like two members are battlin' offensively while the third directly tackles a foe's weakness or aims for tha inflicting of Status Ailments, or alternatively could get help shall things go TOO astray. Furthermore... It's not only 'bout the Pokemon's synergy but also 'bout the people's."

"Also... Eh, Aya pretty much DISLIKES fightin' along others - she complies and will still follow my orders, but she's seein' everyone who's on the battlefield apart from her as someone who might steal her show, so if yar Daikatuna's unlucky enough to get on her bad side or her nerves...." He scratches his head, "Plus, her best move hits EVERYONE 'round, regardless whether friend or foe. ...Oh, AND how trained are yar Ralts 'n Cleffa? Cuz, ya see, healing's cool and fine, but if they're unable to take a hit from a foe they'll very quickly need some healing themselves."
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
"Hm. True. Forming Three different teams might be dangerous. So I have a better suggestion then. Me, Karen and Kee as team 1#. Lucas, Rans and Scizor as team 2#. That keeps a nice balanced among us. Also, Susano'o is Steel Water, and one of my most resistant Pokemon. I pretty sure he can survive even Aya best move."

"I do agree with the plan of two members as offensive and one in status. Nagi and Nami can use double Hypnosis, but since they are natural enemies, command both of them together might be difficult. But I confident in my skills."

"Oh and don't worry about Cleffa and Ralts. I no fool in put baby Pokemon in dangerous battle. They still need training. I will summon them after the battle. Save resources is important, even more in this...Mystery Dungeon."

Kogeki summon Gama and Hime. "Gama, keep yourself invisible with camouflage. Hime, raise some buffs in yourself. I get the feeling we might need later."

A question Dragonstrike. Since we might find a encounter soon (or rather, encounters will find us) is possible to set a little buff of Double Team and Swords Dance on Hime? Just to not worry in the middle of the battle and to only focus in deliver damage.
Regarding Kogeki’s Hypothesis , Ran finds it to be rather fitting set of conclusions to be drawn based on the evidence gathered thus far (AKA: All the weird and supernatural Tarous shit that’s happen to everyone in the group), but he doesn’t necessarily agrees with it. Currently, no-one really knows anything concrete regarding the mult-universe reality warping calamity and only assumptions and the information from the Pixies to go on, so he’s not ready to firmly accept one explanation/conclusion over all others yet. He’ll keep his mind open for now, and continue trying to puzzle and struggle through this insane job Rowan duped/strong-armed into.

Also, he gives a firmly nods to their and Kee’s comments upon Mt. Coronet’s newest overshadowing aesthetic. Mutual resentment and gripping about anything concerning this almost certainly doom-filled mission is something the bristly blacksmith is all to willing to agree and sympathize with!

If neither Amethyst nor Catherine has offered any input by the time everyone started pipping up on Team Formations, I figure they can’t figure out where the Stairs are or anything general about the Floor itself, so Ran would just *Sigh* but thank them for trying. A lack of intell meant the group would have to split up in order to tackle this Mystery Dungeon optimally, something he’s very much not too keen on, but never the less accepts with as much grace as he possessed. Which is to say hardly any, but hey, at least he’s trying!

Since Scizor and Kee suggests only two teams be made, Ran will back them up on it. Partially because the extra-universal Explorer recommends it, and partly because if the group has to be split up, he prefers it be done as minimally as possible!

His comment: “More thinly spread we are, the easier pickings we’ll be to whatever lurks in this Mystery Dungeon, so let’s just form two groups and get through it fast.”

He doesn’t say anything about the Party Line-ups/Partner selection for anyone (or about the individual Pokemon themselves), as it’s not his place to dictate who and [/i]what[/i] Pokemon anyone brings along for this job – or in general, period. Of course, that doesn’t mean he can’t complain about it, or offer his own Insight on the matter, but as the group can no doubt tell by now, Ran was not in the most spirited moods right now, so mute he remains for now!

Finally, after hearing both the colorful musician’s and the cyborg ninja’s input about how to form the two different Teams, the dwarven craftsman deliberates for about half a minute, before turning to the later and nodding.

“I agree with ya, Kogeki. Out of all of us, me and Lucas Skillsets and approaches to problems complement each other the most, and the between the two of us and our heavy hitters we should be fine as a two man, one independent Pokemon group. *Turns to look at Scizors* No offense meant to ya. Just considering the overall Survival logistics of our groups. “

Ran then turns to Lucas and Sally, and gives them an appraising, non-judgmental look.

“Well, if you two are okay with me tagging along with ya, that is. How about it?”
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
Alright, I think that decides the teams, then!

Team 1: Karen, Kee, and Kogeki (alternatively known as Team K)
Team 2: Randolph, Lucas, and Scizor

(There being stairs in Mt. Coronet actually does make some sense, as Spear Pillar was originally constructed as a shrine to Dialga and Palkia.  Those ancient people had to get up there somehow!)

--------------------------------------------------------------

Amethyst and Catherine try to focus while Scizor pulls another Explorer Badge out of his bag and explains something to Sally, and more visible confusion follows from the Lucario.  Sooo...apparently, it doesn't matter much if the groups stay in contact, so long as someone in both groups has a badge.  The badges are linked somehow, so once one group finds the stairs, everyone is able to use the badge to go to the next floor.  The badges tend to glow brighter when they're able to transport groups in Mystery Dungeons.  These Mystery Dungeons sound weirder and weirder the more I hear about them...

Scizor will hand the spare Explorer Badge to Kee.  It's glowing with the same faint light as the one pinned to Scizor's bag.

---------------------------------------------------------

As Windos hypothesized, Amethyst and Catherine are unable to pinpoint anything in the Mystery Dungeon.  Strange powers are at play here, and they're both on edge because of it.

When Randolph asks Sally and Lucas if it's okay for him to tag along, there's no objections.  "Fine by me.  Sally?"

Yeah, sure, whatever.  Let's just get this job over and done with.

-------------------------------------------------------------

No prebuffing while there's no immediate challenges to buff for, please.

--------------------------------------------------------------

So, the next question is: where to now?  There's 6 different paths leading out of this room.  Karen, Lucas, and Scizor will follow what the players in their respective groups wish to do for the time being.
(01-26-2020, 06:35 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: So, the next question is: where to now?  There's 6 different paths leading out of this room.  Karen, Lucas, and Scizor will follow what the players in their respective groups wish to do for the time being.

(On the topic of Pre-Buffing, would Scarmory's Tailwind to speed up group travel speed only constitute as it? Just asking, not going to do it now, since the group is split.)

Hmm....in that case, Ran elects for his group to take the Center North Path, as it's good direction as any (or more likely, bad) to choose if he has no way to determine the individual/merits qualities of each Path. While the group is walking, he'll pay close attention to the topography and overall composition of the cave to see if it matches up with his Knowledge about Mt. Coronet and its Geology. He's curious ( almost dreadfully so) to see what ways the interior of the sacred mountain has changed because of its change into a Mystery Dungeon, if any.

His chosen partners out with him for now are Zorn and Diam. Speaking of which, he'll pull aside the little gemlin from the mini-group declare to them that their punishment is over, and catch them up with what happened these past couple of days. He would then give her a very stern and humorless expression that she'd be quite familiar with by now, given her mischievous nature.

"....Now, you may be wondering why you're getting off early and easy for that stunt you pulled. Simply put, it's 'cause your power and talents is now worth more than my desire to keep you locked up in the PC or put on a non-gemstone diet. Our job has gotten more complicated and disastrous than the wildest schemes you and Puck have ever come with, and the deadline for is tighter than the Coils of a Serviper, so I want all the help I can get to survive and escape the utter mess we're pronto. Keeping you detained longer and then giving you a proper scolding is time and manpower I don't want to waste right now, so consider this a rare, lucky break. "

*Stern Expression Intensifies!*

"If, though, IF you get up to trouble again while on this job, you can say Auf Wiedersehen to the rest of your diamond meals. That, and Zorn and Sekhemt will be using you as a stress toy for the remainder of it every time we camp, and I'll tell them they can be as rough as they like with ya. Bet they'd relish the chance to pay ya back with interest for all the pranks and irritation you gave them and put you through the wringer until you're flat as a Stunkfish. So if ya don't want to give them that golden opportunity, be on your best behavior until the job is done. Am I crystal clear, Diam?"

Well, is he? (Reactions from her please, mate!)
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650