Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PSA for those using Mac
Mac OSX Catalina (10.15+) will be officially released in October and is dropping support for 32-bit applications. The current means of playing Pokemon Uranium via wine will no longer work if you update your OSX to this version. At least not until the wine development team figure out how to work around this - there's some discussion on it, but it's a lot of work and could take some time, if at all.

So what can you do?

• Optionally, do not update to Catalina (or beyond Mojave) and continue to play via wine!
  • Alternatively, /u/57-1 has built / compiled an OSX native app bundle of Pokemon Uranium 1.2.4. This is not something that is not currently supported by the uranium team, it's something /u/57-1 is working on, so any questions specific to this version of the game should be directed appropriately.
Check the link in my signature for details around all of this! I'm happy to help either here, via discord or via reddit for anyone who needs assistance!

Since this is stickied, here's some more information. Edit / Update: Additional Options

If not updating and continuing to run wine or running the native app bundle don't sound appealing to you for whatever reason virtual machine is still an option. If this is the path you wish to take, I would recommend installing Windows XP Integral Edition onto a virtualbox VM, or alternatively set up Windows 10 Integral Edition as a dual boot via bootcamp. If either of these are something you want assistance with, hit me up here on the forums, or on Discord for a faster response!
Online ID: 113246
Pokemon Uranium 1.2.4 Mac Guide - feel free to approach me for assistance!
Ohhh, can a Mod please pin that thread?
EDIT: Thank you!~~
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
(09-15-2019, 04:59 AM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: Ohhh, can a Mod please pin that thread?
EDIT: Thank you!~~

Thanks indeed! Updated the post with some extra links.
Online ID: 113246
Pokemon Uranium 1.2.4 Mac Guide - feel free to approach me for assistance!