Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
If you could make any 'mon Nuclear what would it be?
With Masking previously planned to have a nuclear form, the Pahar line getting one in the form of the Mystery Gift, and some Pokemon like Lavent getting shiny sprites that resemble Nuclear forms, I'm curious about what you would make into a Nuclear type, what secondary typing it would have, as well as Nuclear moves. Also, what would be your worst nightmare when it comes to having to fight against a hypothetical Nuclear mon?

I think the coolest (no pun intended) one for me personally would be a Nuclear and Ice Type Dermafrost. I just love the idea of a nuclear-corrupted Pokemon with thick sheets of ice as armor plating on some parts of its body while others burn with the heat of radiation as it lobs Atomic and Ice punches around. Although obviously this would never happen as even though the terrible Ice-typing coupled with Nuclear would be FAR from making it a gameplay-breaking threat, the only way for it to get Atomic Punch logically would be for it to learn it after leveling up from a Snopach, and nuclear Types can't learn nuclear Type moves as they level up. So it would have to be stuck with Nuclear Slash or Gamma Ray or something. Still, I love the idea of a custom sprite with a body that has both the blues of ice and the greens of radiation seemingly battling it out on the surface of the pokemon's body and generating steam in parts as a result.

I also like the idea of Antarki having a nuclear form because it would remind me of those shadow people from the Metro games. Having a Ghost-Nuclear typing, Half-Life, Gamma Ray, Grudge, and Ominous Wind. (Yeah I know it's supposed to be the good counterpart of Dramsama, but the idea is that it's been corrupted). It would also be cool to see a nuclear sprite that's a little closer to the original shiny since I'm not a fan of the newer sprite.

The idea of a Nuclear-Rock/Psychic type Astronite would be cool too. Just being this mysterious sentient celestial rock being with both Psychic AND nuclear powers. Having Gamma Ray, Solar Radiation (Basically a nuclear type version of Growth that boosts ATK and Sp ATK by one stage, and 2 stages in the sun), Meteor Mash, and Psywave.

And something that's always bugged me: How come *none* of the Nuclear Pokemon have ever been Flying types? I mean I could understand the balance issue of nuclear types having type immunities, were it not for the fact that there are plenty of Dark, Normal, and one set of Ground Nuclear mons that are all immune to Psychic, Ghost, and Electric moves respectively. Yet, Eshouten, Gyarados (though in that case it's entirely understandable), Gliscor, and even Pajay all lose their Flying Type, what gives?

Worst nightmare nuclears:

Well a Nuclear Actan comes to mind. Not so much because of its typing, ability, or even its base stats, so much as the idea of a perfect-stat Nuclear Actan being distributed as a Mystery Gift. (Though some of those other elements are certainly scary too even if abilities like Defiant and Competitive could turn Intimidate against it).

A Nuclear Lavent with any move other than Gamma Ray packing an Adaptability Flamethrower for Steel types would also be pretty nightmarish.

But I think a Nuclear Archilles/Inflagetah would probably be the worst. As cool as its sprite would be, a Nuclear powered stab fire/ground toting mega with solid/the best speed, +2 priority moves, AND nuclear attacks?!? Nooooooooooooothankyou!
֎▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬֍
▓ I'm not a pessimist, I'm a realist in a world of misery.  ▓
You probably already know what my ideas on this topic are, but I'm going to voice them anyway. Because you mentioned no nuclear Flying-typed pokemon exist, I'd say Nuclear Splendifowl with Chernobyl ability or Fallout as a move. My other definite choice would be Titanice *cues titanic story sequence* (story sequence is below, words between dashes indicate radio/morse code message, ---EXAMPLE---)

>>>>>(---THE TITANIC IS SINKING! HELLPPPP!!!!!--- ---BY WHAT?--- ---UHHHH--- ---WHAT?!--- ---IT GOT HIT BY A NUCLEAR MISSILE!!! AAAAAAAA!!!--- ---THE CARPATHIA IS COMING TO HELP!--- ---NO DONT COME WE'VE GOT DEADLY LEVELS OF RADIATION HERE--- ---IT'S COMING ANYWAY!--- ---........--- ---HELLO? IS ANYONE THERE???--- ---...................--- ---CRAP---)<<<<<

It would have lots of fun radiation-corroded steel on the hull, the eyes would have an expression of rage in them, and the ice would be glowing nuclear-green, among other things. The shiny would be multi-colored blue and light blue, with red dominant. Just my opinion, feel free to voice yours Smile

Bingo
When life gives you lemons, wing 'em right back and add some lemons of your own!
 - Calvin
From what I've observed, the main reason there are no Flying/Nuclear types is partially due to a general trend that all Nuclear types follow (with the exceptions of Nuclear Actan, Nucleon, the Xenos, and Hazma): Nuclear is always a secondary type, and it replaces the usual secondary type of the pokemon if they have one.

Flying is almost always a secondary type on the pokemon that have it, so a Flying/Nuclear type would be incredibly rare (basically being limited to just the Noibat line and Tornadus as potential ones).

Personally, I'd like to see more beta designs and concepts that didn't make the final cut actualized and made normally available in the game.  N-Pahar is really nice, and it'd be a shame if it remained a MG exclusive imo.
Yeap, if there's to be a Flying/Nuclear type in the future, we'd need either the Niobat line introduced into the game, or the devs start releasing Delta Nuclear Pokemon!

The Pokemon I'd like to see with a Nuclear form are Kiricorn, Frosthra, and Tertlard, with either the first or second having Chernobyl as their Mega Ability/Ability. We don't have many good Nuclear Megas , but a Fairy/Nuclear Type with great base stats and a fantastic Ability (Default or not) would give the competitive community one that can still be handily walled/countered by the many good Steels that exist. Meanwhile, having a Sticky Web capable Nuclear type sounds fantastic to me, since the setter would almost be guaranteed to get a web up , or just being able to set up a Quiver Dance and go to town with Nuclear firepower. N-Tertlard I want simply because it'd be pretty much a strict upgrade over its base form, as Nuclear Typing (+ Any Nuc Move) combined with Arena Trap would allow it to do its job much more adequetely, and due to it's low Stats and bad match up against the most popular Steel type pivoter (S-51A) it probably not be too overwhelming of a threat, unlike N-Jerbolta and Nucleon.

Them be my three cents on what Pokemon I'd want irradiated, so spend them how you like mates!
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
(02-20-2020, 01:46 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: Meanwhile, having a Sticky Web capable Nuclear type sounds fantastic to me...

Geigeroach says hi Wink
(02-20-2020, 01:50 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:
(02-20-2020, 01:46 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: Meanwhile, having a Sticky Web capable Nuclear type sounds fantastic to me...

Geigeroach says hi Wink

Sorry, let me amend my statement: A Nuclear Sticky Webber that's actually good at setting it, and isn't dead weight outside of the role sounds fantastic to me. N-Frosthra can be setter , a sweeper, or both with Gamma Ray/Radioacid and its default Movepool, while Geigeroach.....its Base Stats and mediocre Ability really hold it back, no matter how good its Learnpool is.

Off topic, has anyone come up with a guide for Tertlard yet? I feel that Pokemon is good, but not great due to it not having either great Attack stats or blistering high speed like most of the top tier threats of Uranium, and seeing some sets that work around its weaknesses would be nice and enlightening.
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
Someone give me a Nuclear Eevee regardless whether it's infertile, it'd be a nice gem in my Eeveelution collection.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
(02-20-2020, 02:05 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: Sorry, let me amend my statement: A Nuclear Sticky Webber that's actually good at setting it, and isn't dead weight outside of the role sounds fantastic to me. N-Frosthra can be setter , a sweeper, or both with Gamma Ray/Radioacid and its default Movepool, while Geigeroach.....its Base Stats and mediocre Ability really hold it back, no matter how good its Learnpool is.

Off topic, has anyone come up with a guide for Tertlard yet? I feel that Pokemon is good, but not great due to it not having either great Attack stats or blistering high speed like most of the top tier threats of Uranium, and seeing some sets that work around its weaknesses would be nice and enlightening.

Geigeroach might not be the most reliable SW setter, but it can do it in a manner similar to Galvantula in the canon games.  Roach can actually put in some decent work in the Beta tier if used carefully.

No, but UCC will get to writing guides on every competitive pokemon eventually.
(02-20-2020, 12:29 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: From what I've observed, the main reason there are no Flying/Nuclear types is partially due to a general trend that all Nuclear types follow (with the exceptions of Nuclear Actan, Nucleon, the Xenos, and Hazma): Nuclear is always a secondary type, and it replaces the usual secondary type of the pokemon if they have one.

Flying is almost always a secondary type on the pokemon that have it, so a Flying/Nuclear type would be incredibly rare (basically being limited to just the Noibat line and Tornadus as potential ones).
Hm... I think I can see how that makes sense. If viewing nuclear "status" as something like a corruption, then the primary Type seeming to act as the defining characteristic most of the time being retained, while the Nuclear type crops up secondarily, seems logical.

However, the idea of Flying being the secondary type always rubbed me the wrong way to begin with. And there are certainly several mons whos type orientation I would disagree with if we look at the Primary typing as the defining characteristic.

Like why the hell is the Jungore line primarily Fighting when they're fossil mons that resemble rocks more than the slothohm line, and arguably even the Snopach line? Especially when others that more closely embody fighting types at first glance like Luchabra and Herolune have it as the *secondary* type. Or why does Oblivicorn have Fairy as the primary typing when it more clearly embodies Dark in its visual design?

It just seems stupid for Flying Types to suddenly stop flying upon becoming Nuclear types... Especially since, logically speaking, most Flying Types would be drastically hindered when it comes to mobility if they opted not to fly/glide.
▓ I'm not a pessimist, I'm a realist in a world of misery.  ▓
OK, this one is just gonna be a bit silly, but imagine Nuclear Seikamater. Stab on 3 elements and insect type, massive special, enough HP to survive most double super moves, with radioacid or nuclear wind since she does have wings. Granted, she wouldn't be game-breaking sue to her lower speed, but still, a very powerful mon, especially with expert belt for extra damage or focus sash to guarantee at least one attack.