Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Coronavirus
Well, lets hope this doesn't happen @TheTainted_Wisdom. The world is in to much chaos already. No need to increase even more chaos.
Kogeki currently ability to active in battles: Anticipation.
So my state finally issued a stay-at-home order today (the local area where I lived did that just yesterday), although I've been self-isolating already thanks to an extended spring break + fully-online classes when we start back on Monday. I'm generally a stay-at-home kind of person myself, but especially since forming a nice little friend circle through college, I'm finding it hard to want to stay here 24/7.

Like @Iron said, there's been a lot of sudden changes to how our world and daily lives operate. All the movie and restaurant ads on TV have adjusted to advertise on-demand streaming of brand new movies and take-out and delivery options. Going to the grocery store ahead of our lockdown yesterday was quite an experience; the checkout areas were cordoned off to allow only one customer through at a time, and there was one insistent person behind my mom who argued with the cashier about standing behind the red line until we were done (that poor cashier looked SO done with everything -- I'm sure she'd had that argument more times than anyone could care to count).

It's a massive adjustment for everyone, and unfortunately I fear that the people who insist on protesting or fighting back against the regulations for whatever reason ("it's just a flu bug, what's the big deal" "it's such-and-such conspiracy meant to make us do this-or-that") is only going to stretch this situation out longer. Honestly, governments wouldn't HAVE to issue orders and threaten people with criminal offenses for breaking quarantine if everyone would just use common sense. Just because it's not much of a big deal now doesn't mean that it doesn't have the potential to be later down the road if we do nothing.
Oh yes, getting groceries at the store is a unique experience now indeed, both in a good and bad way - 'good' as in 'there are less people around now and I can avoid them as much as I want' and 'bad' as in 'I feel bad for the cashiers having to deal with the situation'.

(03-27-2020, 05:34 PM)EeveeBailey Wrote: (...) Just because it's not much of a big deal now doesn't mean that it doesn't have the potential to be later down the road if we do nothing.

That's very true! It saddens and makes me angry that one of my co-workers doesn't seem to take things seriously and keeps making casual fun of the situation. Unfortunately though, they're not the only one to do so, by far not, and the others have to suffer due to that. (-_- )
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
Picked up today that starting next Monday (27th April), everyone who enters a store or travels by puplic transport, HAS to wear a breathing mask, before it was only 'recommended'. Eh I don't think I'll have an issue with doing so, though at the same time I'm not entirely sure whether this will help to flatten the curve when at the same time they're aiming to open some previously-closed stores (aka non-drugstores and some that don't sell groceries). We'll see.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
My store started requiring us to wear masks yesterday.

Honestly, it's stifling.  I'm extremely uncomfortable with it, and it's not relieving any of my anxiety.  Mostly because I'm not confident it'll help me if someone who has the virus decides to pay the store a visit.  I see too many people in the store not properly practicing social distancing, and it's just making me more and more nervous.
(04-21-2020, 01:17 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: My store started requiring us to wear masks yesterday.

Honestly, it's stifling.  I'm extremely uncomfortable with it, and it's not relieving any of my anxiety.  Mostly because I'm not confident it'll help me if someone who has the virus decides to pay the store a visit.  I see too many people in the store not properly practicing social distancing, and it's just making me more and more nervous.

Ugh, this does sound bad... Having to wear such a mask for hours straight during work is certainly something quite different than doing so for the skake of buying groceries, which very rarely takes me more than half and hour.

I wish I could just smack these people who don't practice this social distancing at your store - and those people that still make fun of the situation/don't seem to care - with a frying pan, it's those people that all of us have to suffer under unfortunately.
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
(04-22-2020, 11:03 AM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: I wish I could just smack these people who don't practice this social distancing at your store - and those people that still make fun of the situation/don't seem to care - with a frying pan, it's those people that all of us have to suffer under unfortunately.
Jesting in the face of, or apathy towards, the situation doesn't bother me at all as long as it's not paired with irresponsible or outright dangerous behavior/policies, or makes light of the dead, dying, and/or impoverished.

The worst are the people talking about sacrificing people's lives and safety for the sake of the economy, as though a massive influx of patients to an already buckling US healthcare system and an increase in deaths would not make the economic situation just as bad at best.

Though the most dangerous threat right now is the abandonment of science and common sense. Claims that 5G causes the virus, that the virus is a conspiratorial hoax, comparing the mandatory masks, quarantines, and lockdowns to Nazi Germany, etc. all this bullshit to try to get the US government to lift the restrictions before things are even close to being safe and getting people to disregard WHO and CDC information is going to lead to more and more people not being careful, and the already bad situation getting much worse.
֎▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬֍
▓ I'm not a pessimist, I'm a realist in a world of misery.  ▓
֎▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬֍
(04-22-2020, 11:03 AM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: I wish I could just smack these people who don't practice this social distancing at your store - and those people that still make fun of the situation/don't seem to care - with a frying pan, it's those people that all of us have to suffer under unfortunately.

Honestly, I see nothing wrong with making jokes / memes so long as you're actually taking it seriously; it's kinda the modern equivalent of Victorian jump-rope and nursery rhymes based on the plague.  For a lot of us, humor is a coping mechanism -- if we don't occasionally take a jab at it, we're just stifled by anxiety 24/7.

(04-23-2020, 05:09 PM)TheTainted_Wisdom Wrote: Though the most dangerous threat right now is the abandonment of science and common sense. Claims that 5G causes the virus, that the virus is a conspiratorial hoax, comparing the mandatory masks, quarantines, and lockdowns to Nazi Germany, etc. all this bullshit to try to get the US government to lift the restrictions before things are even close to being safe and getting people to disregard WHO and CDC information is going to lead to more and more people not being careful, and the already bad situation getting much worse.

Such as our lovely leader of the Free World pushing antibiotics and antimalarials for a virus and asking if it was possible to inject disinfectant to cure the virus? Dodgy

I get the drive to want to find a cure and find it quickly, because the death toll is steadily rising (I read recently that the U.S. coronavirus death toll has now surpassed the number of people killed in 9/11 per day) and people are getting antsy to get back to their normal daily lives.  But randomly grasping at straws, especially with untested concepts, is not going to get us there any faster and could likely get more people killed as they do desperately stupid things (like drinking fish tank cleaner without realizing that chloroquinine is NOT the same thing as hydrochloroquinine).

Meanwhile, I will continue donning my face mask (graciously made and mailed to me by a former professor) and standing at the designated six-foot markers outside the grocery store waiting to get in. Do I like it? Hell no. Do I wish I could have finished out my last semester on campus with my friends and attended my first actual graduation ceremony in a couple weeks? Absolutely I do. But my city's curve is pretty damn flat right now (which I acknowledge that this is a considerable blessing compared to places like New York), and if these inconveniences are doing the job to keep it that way, well... all the better.
(04-23-2020, 05:09 PM)TheTainted_Wisdom Wrote:
Jesting in the face of, or apathy towards, the situation doesn't bother me at all as long as it's not paired with irresponsible or outright dangerous behavior/policies, or makes light of the dead, dying, and/or impoverished. (...)

It IS paired with irresponsibility unfortunately. Or rather, those co-workers of mine I mean don't really seem to care much about the instructions about keeping some distance towards other people or washing your hands properly and the like. 5G is bad for one's health though not outright horrible like conspiracy-enthusiasts may claim, but I'm curious to hear how dafaque it can cause a virus to spread...?
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
(04-28-2020, 12:47 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: Alright. I just a bit more impatience because of this Covid-19, I get sick of playing videogames in home. Sure, videogames help a bit in this crisis, but one hour you get sick of it.
Source of this above quote

Do you...? I don't, if the game's really good I can easily spend a whole afternoon playing it - with a break of a few minutes in between every now and then. Kinda depends on the game itself also I guess, how much content and things to do it provides.

If you get sick of it though, how about picking up a different hobby or doing/trying out something you yearned to do for a while but never had the time for? Like, watch a cool new series or anime, pick up a nice new book, cook something neat for yourself, whatever may flow your boat.
--Windos is my OTP ❤---