Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorites types
Nothing special about this thread. Just asking you people about your favorite Pokemon types. Just for the sake of organization (and since there is people who have more than one favorite type). You can say why you like that types or a Pokemon who you like most. But only if you want of course.

I have 3 favorite types from the least one to the best:

#3th Place: Steel-Type
Reason: I always like the concept of medieval stories, with knights carrying metal armors, and metal desigh other stories about armors and other metallic items, such as blades, shields or my favorite weapon: Scythes. Not to mention Steel type might not be the strongest type in Super Effective terms (only Fairies received SE damage, not counting Nuclear) but in terms of defense it is one of the most powerful since it resist many types and even have immunity to Poison.

+ Favorite Steel-Type: Lucario
- Why: Fabulous desigh? A mystical and powerful presence both in Regular Form and Mega Form? A pose similar to Goku using Kamehameha when he launch Aura Sphere? I being a fan of Gen 4 Pokemon Desigh? Many reasons to put Lucario among my favorite Pokemon of all Gens, and my favorite Steel-Type.

#2th Place: Ghost-Type
Reason: I always find the concept of dead in fiction interesting. Spirits who refused to go to afterlife even when their bodies perished, necromancers who use magic to reanimate the dead to fight their own fights making almagamate abominations, or even undead creatures who survive time by drinking the blood of the living such as Vampires...Well, I like a lot of such darkest creatures. Even if not all of them are ghosts, they are undead creatures, beings who are alive but not exactly, like ghosts. The concept of death is also something who makes you think: Where my soul will go when I die? Will be sending to either hell or heaven? Or will stay forever as a wandered spirit? Besides, why you people think my name is Spiritmon? I leave that mystery for you guys and girls.

+ Favorite Ghost-Type: Aegislash
- Reason: Along with fact of be also Steel-Type, Aegislash is also something I like: A spirit of a knight, bound to it's Duty who get himself seal inside a sword, who drain life force of other living things, and only a person worth of Leadership can unlock the power of the sword and shield Pokemon. This by itself is already cool. And mechanic speaking, the ability of change forms in middle battles, one more in defenses while the other focus in power is amazing. I know ability or moves of change in battle was not something new. It already exist way before Aegislash release *Looking Regular Darmanitan Zen Mode*. But Aegislash was in another level. His Signature was also so much broken, they even change in Gen 8. And the last is because I like possession weapons.

#1th Place: Fire-Type
Reasons: Pretty strange isn't? One of the most common and simple type choose. Well, let me explain. It's because to me, Fire is more than just a element of destruction or warm. It's the element of revolution. When our ancestors discovered the fire, they take the most important step to evolve. To heat food. To make predators go away. To forge the items necessary to survive. To make machines based in steam. And all the representation in ALL mythology around Fire. Fire is a element who can cause death and destruction. But Fire is also the element who bring life and evolution. Without the sun, the greatest source of heat in our Galaxy, life as we know in the planet never would be possible. And mechanic speaking, while Steel is the type with the strongest defense attributes, Fire is the type with the strongest offense attributes, beating most types in Pokemon. Even Steel-Type himself!

+ Favorite Fire-Type: Infernape
- Why: Everyone who plays Skull Ruins by now knew what Pokemon would be choose here. Everyone have a signature Pokemon who identify the most, and Infernape is main one. The most quick Fire-Type among the Fire Starters, with a arsenal of great moves. And of course one of protagonists in the Pokemon anime in my favorite Arc in Sinnoh where you follow his growth. The way he was badly treat by Paul, just to be thrown away like trash by his trainer...and then be adopted by Ash Ketchum. And raise with kindness and mutual respect in a natural and organic way. Facing his fears, insecurities and finally...finally going to face his old trainer once more, showing all his power he developed, and beating Paul Electivire in a huge Crash of Fire vs Lightning. Both of them in powerful demonstration of why they are fighting. And when you think Infernape would fall, he show he is one of Ash most powerful Pokemon. And that's why Infernape, for nostalgia, strength alone and identification, is my favorite Pokemon of ALL. Among all the thousands existed Pokemon, both in and out the main Franchise, Infernape is the best to me. And I hope if Nintendo/Gamefreak ever made a Remake of Gen 4, they regret what they did in Sword and Shield and make a great game better than that SnS trash.

And since we are talking about SnS....

ENOUGH WITH GEN 1 DAMNIT!!!!!!

Anyway, thanks for your time. What is your favorite or favorites types? And why you like them so much? Want to put one Pokemon you like more with the choose type? Say in the comments below. Let's use technology!

Spiritmon, out!
Kogeki currently ability to active in battles: Anticipation.
Oh, trying to encourage discussion on this board? Nice. ^^

I, uh, actually don't really have that 'definite favorite Type', more like some Types I really like, some I dislike and some I just don't really care about. But Dark, Fairy and to a degree Grass are high up on my prefered ones, Psychic and Ice come right after those.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
(04-04-2020, 04:17 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote:

What I can say? Sometimes I get my strikes of inspiration in make these types of post. And the forums be silent for a while, so why shake things a bit?

Those a cool choices. Fit a lot with your characters creations you did. Shiva and Kee have Pokemon of those types. But, is there any Pokemon in each of those types each who you consider the best of each one?
There are a lot of really good Ice type designs. Shame they have so many weaknesses.
Current project:
http://fringehikers.com/
Tabletop RPG PokeRole: http://pokemonuranium.co/forum/showthread.php?tid=789
"I encourage Sceptile to branch out."
(04-04-2020, 06:38 PM)Iron Wrote: There are a lot of really good Ice type designs. Shame they have so many weaknesses.

Yeah. Most of those pretty common. Fighting, Fire, Rock and Steel. And only resist Ice itself. But in terms of raw strength Ice can cause great neutral damage to most types, and even dragons fear it.

So yeah. Defensive speaking is not powerful, but in brutal strength? Lethal.

Speaking of which what is your favorite types Iron?
My favorite type has always and will always remain Dragon, as they are highly aesthetically, mythological, and by and large practically (as in, how effective they are in game) pleasing to me on all levels of their design. I just plain and simply love them, and I always endevour to have at least one of them in my party per playthrough of any Pokemon game. 'Fun' fact: I actually skipped Generation 6 of Pokemon and quit the series for a long time because they introduced Fairy types, because I hated the fact they nerfed my beloved Dragons and shook things up too much for me at the time. Favorite Dragon type has always been Dragonite, with a close second being Rayquaza.

Second favorite type would be Ghost type, for similar reasons to Dragons and the fact that competitively speaking they're pretty much exactly what Dragons used to be like, but better, with the only thing holding them back being a lack of high power STAB moves that are not exclusive to Legends or take a turn to charge (Looking at you, Phantom Force....). Favorite Ghost type is a tie between Mimikyu and Mismagius, as I like their designs and how effective they are in their own special ways.
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
(04-04-2020, 07:10 PM)Lord Windos Wrote:

I can agree with that. I think after Steel, Ghost and Fire, Dragons is one of my favorite types too. Powerful, strong, and magficient. And if we see on a mythology way, they were like Titans. For be simple ancient and almost nothing able to destroy them with only dragons or ice.

I can understand the feeling mate. Its hurt my heart and spirit see the dragons nerfed in Gen 6. We are in the same page old friend.

Favorite Dragon Type...Well, in official games Haxorus, Dialga or Giratina get the place in be my favorite...But my favorite Dragon is Dunseraph. Even if it is a Fakemon, it is the symbol of how fans can make awesome Pokemon better than official games.
I think I have to give Ice my favorite type. I have some favorite Pokemon who are Rock, but there are a lot of bad Rock designs too.
Current project:
http://fringehikers.com/
Tabletop RPG PokeRole: http://pokemonuranium.co/forum/showthread.php?tid=789
"I encourage Sceptile to branch out."
(04-04-2020, 07:50 PM)Iron Wrote: I think I have to give Ice my favorite type. I have some favorite Pokemon who are Rock, but there are a lot of bad Rock designs too.

Rock is pretty interesting too. Its kinda a shame there not very much Rock-types who escape the too much rock and stones desigh. They could add something...more. I think if I could name a few cool Rock type who escape the cliché of rock types would be Auroros, Aggron (although he loose his Rock-type in Mega) and Lycanrock Midnight Form. They are my favorite Rock-types.

Any favorite Ice and Rock type Pokemon in specific you like more?
(04-04-2020, 04:56 PM)Spiritmon Wrote:
(04-04-2020, 04:17 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: I, uh, actually don't really have that 'definite favorite Type', more like some Types I really like, some I dislike and some I just don't really care about. But Dark, Fairy and to a degree Grass are high up on my prefered ones, Psychic and Ice come right after those.

Those a cool choices. Fit a lot with your characters creations you did. Shiva and Kee have Pokemon of those types. But, is there any Pokemon in each of those types each who you consider the best of each one?

Oh, it actually only has indirectly to do with those two own charas of mine, as those Types were my faves always aka before I was into art and rp'ing. ^^

Uh, nope, there isn't really a 'Mon I consider 'the best one' of those Types, every Type has its cool and bad designs - but it's an open secret that I'm a big fan of Eevee and Eeveelutions, so probably those? Yes, let's go with those~
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`