Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorites types
(04-05-2020, 05:27 AM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote:

Ah no big deal. And I agree with you, the Eevee and its Eeveelutions is indeed adorable. In any form. I suppose it is one of the Gen 1 things I dont mind very much in see in other Gens. I just wish in Gen 9 we get the chance in see new Eevelutions. Maybe Steel or Ghost ones? Windos introduced a Dragon-type Eeveelution in his Celadon Campaigh and my God, it was both magnificient and intimidating.

Since you are a awesome artist, I know you might have done such arts before. I still have that White Bariette you make before (thanks again by the way). 

Talking about Dragons, gonna play some Skyrim. Dragons to slay and Undead to raise! Have a cookie and a nice day! *Leaving plate with cookies, taking helmet, and unleash battle cry to kill dragons!* FUS ROH DAH!
Kogeki currently ability to active in battles: Anticipation.
I love Geodude and Onix and Rhyhorn. To me they are quintessential Pokemon.
Current project:
http://fringehikers.com/
Tabletop RPG PokeRole: http://pokemonuranium.co/forum/showthread.php?tid=789
"I encourage Sceptile to branch out."
Personally, I love a lot of the Gen 3 designs. Flygon's at the top of that list, but Castform is really cool and I love Zigzagoon and Linoone, and Taillow and Swellow.

And no I'm not an eeveelution fan, why would you ask?
"To the extent that authority depends on the ignorance of the governed, good writing will always be subversive."
(04-05-2020, 02:39 PM)Polaris Wrote: Personally, I love a lot of the Gen 3 designs. Flygon's at the top of that list, but Castform is really cool and I love Zigzagoon and Linoone, and Taillow and Swellow.

And no I'm not an eeveelution fan, why would you ask?

Heh, I also a fan of Gen 3 Design too. Pokemon Emerald was my first Pokemon I ever play. Flygon is pretty cool too, but I think he could easily be Bug/Dragon. Castform is pretty cool with the power of change form in weather.

Tell me if I wrong, but I think Castform was the first Pokemon in the franchise who could change form in the middle battle right,? If I incorrect please tell me.

Zig and Linnoone is pretty cool too, and I like it the Galarian Variants from SnS. Tailow and Swellon I have fond memories from the anime.

And I agree. We all fans of Eeveelutions.

Speaking of which what is your favorite types and favorite Pokemon of each of those types?
Psychic Types. No question.

I'm a huge sucker for Psychic Types. Likely influenced by Kadabra's insane power, speed, and leveling in Gen 1.
After that, in no particular order, would probably come Steel, Dragon, Ghost, and Dark Types.

Picking a favorite Pokemon is too difficult because there's all kinds of different factors to consider: Viability in game, competitively, whether I fancy the moves, abilities, Pokedex entiries, design, personal experiences while playing... there's just so many things that could influence my decision.

I think my favorite tends to be Steelix because of the fact that I could never get it, it's got a gleaming steel sheen from tip to tail, it's got somewhat dragon-like features, and a massive intimidating maw and size in general.

Although, I always dreamed of there being a Steel-Psychic Type Mewtwo in that sweet armor from the movie that could be used in the games. With lower ATK, SpATK, and Speed, but really high DEF, Sp DEF, and maybe HP to make up for it. Sort of like Shuckle, but not completely worthless offensively, and with a much better typing and movepool.
֎▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬֍
▓ I'm not a pessimist, I'm a realist in a world of misery.  ▓
֎▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬֍
I tend to favour fire, dark or dragon types. I wouldn't be able to pick one favourite from each, but Charizard, Houndoom, Obstagoon and Garchomp would all be up there. I like all the other types too, but I tend to favour those three because of their offensive capabilities on average. My favourite Pokemon would have to be Zigzagoon though. Hoennian or Galarian, I don't care which. I love it and I was sad I couldn't take it for the primal shadows campaign xD.
(04-08-2020, 01:28 AM)no one Wrote: I tend to favour fire, dark or dragon types. I wouldn't be able to pick one favourite from each, but Charizard, Houndoom, Obstagoon and Garchomp would all be up there. I like all the other types too, but I tend to favour those three because of their offensive capabilities on average. My favourite Pokemon would have to be Zigzagoon though. Hoennian or Galarian, I don't care which. I love it and I was said I couldn't take it for the primal shadows campaign xD.

Sorry, didn't want repeat species for the players if I could avoid it.  Thanks for understanding and picking another cool pokemon to play as, though!  Excited to see Midgardian Charmander in action!

----------------------

As for my own favorite types and pokemon...

1. Psychic.  Hands down my favorite type, no question.  Thrre's so many cool concepts for Psychic types out there, I eventually just fell in love with the type as a whole.  My favorite pokemon from the type (and out of all pokemon) will likely always be Gallade, however.

2. Steel.  I believe I can thank Steven Stone for my respect for this type.  He may not use only Steel types, but the ones he does have really showcase how ridiculously strong the type's pokemon can be.  Is it really any surprise that my favorite pokemon of this type ended up being the Steel/Psychic Metagross?  Metagross isn't my second fav mon, but it'll certainly be in my top 10 for a long, long time.

3. ???.  This one's kinda up in the air, honestly.  I've never really had a solid top three favorite types.  There's a lot of cool pokemon out there, and I don't really have any particular preferences beyond my top two.  I have lots of favorite mons from lots of different types.  It's kinda hard to just pick one type for this spot on the list.  XD
Quote:Sorry, didn't want repeat species for the players if I could avoid it.  Thanks for understanding and picking another cool pokemon to play as, though!  Excited to see Midgardian Charmander in action!
Lol it's okay. I'm hoping that it plays well in an rpg like this. At the very least it's a good check for when it actually comes along in my fan game.
(04-07-2020, 11:05 PM)TheTainted_Wisdom Wrote:

Sorry for taking so long to answer ^^''

Psychic is indeed one of the strongest types back from Gen 1. Where most Bug was not very strong, and Dark-types didnt exist. Steel, Dragon, Ghost and Dark types are also awesome favorites types for various reasons. Steel for defensives stylish, Dragons for be almost almighty, Ghosts for reasons already mentioned, and Dark for represent the oposites of Fairies with the duality of light and darkness.

Yeah. I know how is the feeling. Picking one Pokemon of each of your favorites types it is a difficult thing. I try to minimize my options to limit to 3 to be easier in choose a favorites among those types. But hey, the franchise already have more than one thousands pokemon species, so choosing one it still difficult. Although Gamfreak fail miserable in Gen 8, at least for me.

Oh yeah, Steelix is indeed a awesome Pokemon too! I just wish his Mega a better ability, but it still a great Pokemon. It is a intimidating being, and to be honest, I think it is my favorite second Steel-type after of course Lucario.

I have to agree with you. Have a alternative form of Mewtwo would be cool. But I guess we already had more than enough attention of Gen 1 I suppose. He already have a exclusive move and 2 Mega Evolutions. I think thats enough. I can't even look to a Charizard anymore without feeling bad thanks to Gen 8.
(04-08-2020, 01:28 AM)no one Wrote:

Indeed. I guess we could form the Brotherhood of Fire, me thinks, heh. But thats wonderful choices of types. Fire and Dark are strong types in their own terms, be in ofensive power, defensive power (since Dark/Ghost or Dark/Poison are the best typing). And Dragons...well, they are strong, powerful and pretty much is inside in every pop culture.

I sorry if you couldnt choose a Zigzagoon as your Pokemon choice, but it still amazing your choice of Delta Charmander. Although Gen 8 was...urgh the worse Generation in my opinion, the Desigh of your Delta Charmander is pretty interesting, and I curious to see what kind of typing your Character shall be. It will remain a pure Water-type? A Water/Dragon? Maybe something entirely different? And what kind of abilities it will have.

To me, Delta Pokemon or Regional forms it is pretty cool concept. Shame Gamefreak waste such potential with most of time with Gen 1 Pokemon. There other 6 Generations to explore for Arceus sake. I still waiting for my Regional Infernape, or Mega Infernape. Not Dynamax or Gigantamax Infernape because that feature is lame. I prefer Mega and Z-Moves.