Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows
(02-17-2021, 06:55 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:

'Shocked' , 'Mildly Discomforted', 'Puzzled' , and lastly 'intrigued' were the she demon's first thoughts upon getting Paralyzed for the first time in her life. It was both weird and unnerving to feel her body seize up from the mighty electrical CHOMP that beast did to her, but at the same time the linger energy created tingling and numbing sensation throughout her body that felt strangely pleasing and exhilarating. Not too dissimilar to her reaction to sea water, in all honesty!

Fortunately or not she does not have any time to dwell on it, as she spent most of it recovering what little physical nerve she had left before Marcus gave the sound-off for what that Hippowdon was going to do next. Her face once more set itself into merciless grimness as she took a quick breath and waited for it to emerge before reacting.

Orders: Unlike my ones for last Round's, theses are pretty simple: Single Action Will Powered Bite on Hippowdon if it attacks anyone, or a Single Action Will Powered Evasion if it decides to keep trying to brutalize her, regardless if anyone tries to Clash with the attack (something I don't recommend unless it attacks your chara head on). Using Bulk Up now is pointless since the battle is already well underway, and Pyra can't afford to use Multiple Actions if she wants to be able to have a half decent chance of dodging a hasty or committed Dig attack, so I'm going to adhere to KISS here and pray it'll work!

Moves:

Bite
Accuracy: Same, only - 1 Accuracy due to Paralysis, and + 2 Accuracy from Single Action Mod
Damage: 1D6 Base
Effect: Known

Evasion
Accuracy: DEX (*1) + Fight (3) + Evasion (0) + Single Action (2) + 1 Will = 6D6 + 1 Base Evasion vs 3D6 or 7D6 Dig Accuracy
Note: If Dig were to have landed because it had 1 More Success than Pyra's Evade, then I shall Conditionally spend 6 XP to Raise her Evasion by 1 in order to try and match that score to get it to miss.
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
Fufu, that Hippowdon appears to quite a tough and intimidating foe, given how various of Kee's dear companions either flinch from being attacked by it or miss their assault completely out of fear/the sandstorm. ...aLL tHe bETtEr iN hIS dEeP-REd eYEs; the tougher the opponent the more fierce and exciting the battleeee!!1 ( ÒωÓ)و☆ The raging sandstorm causes the crittercoon to cough and spew, but the healing droplets of water caught in his fine fur quickly account for any physical damage taken from this. He throws a glimpse over to Karen, giving the psychic fairy the glance of a smile BRIMMING with reassurance and boldness in response to her concern.

Kee's just standing there on the trembling ground as he awaits the hippo to resurface any moment. His whole body tenses up, his stance strengthens, his expression hardens, a highly anticipated smile forms: If it does so, he'll be ready. That's probably Kee's strong and neurotic protective instinct at it's best (or worst) so far.

Orders for this Round:

Only one Action this Round. If Hippowdon targets anyone BUT Pyra (as she/Windos evades) with the upcoming Dig Attack, Kee will clash that attack by likewise catching Hippowdon off-guard with his loud voice. He'll put everything he's got into it to show that he DOES MEAN IT (mechanically this means spending a Will Point to add a success)

Accuracy Roll Snarl Clash: 2 Special + 2 Fight + 2*Clash + 2 SingleAction Bonus = 8d6 + Will Point
"Tryin' tha same trick ONCE 'GAIN, huh?~ Dontcha DARE 'ttacking mah people like THAT!!1"

If Pyra IS targeted by that Dig Attack and regardless whether she successfully evade or not, Kee's protective instinct will stire flare up at it's best and cause him to go for Hippowdon DIRECTLY head-first; totally irrespective of his own safety. This Action too is powered up with a Will Point.

Accuracy Roll Headbutt: 2 Dext + 2 Fight + 1 Brawl + 2 SingleAction Bonus = 7d6 + Will Point
Damage Roll: 1 Strength + 3 Power + STAB = 5d6
Additional notes: Has 3CD to flinch Hippowdon.
Same in-chara response as in the Snarl Clash.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
Kogeki try as best he could in break though the defences of that beast.

His first attempt was try to Flinch his enemy by trying to bite the leg of the enemy. The Hippowdon just send some sand of his sandstorm to blind Kogeki, making him miss the attack.

He see the others successful break the enemy force, so this time he try use his best weapon: Speed. With a blink of a eye he appear right in Hippowdon face and deliver a axe kick. Another failure since the beast just bounce off Kogeki.

The sandstorm did hurt a bit, but it hurts more to know he didn't do any significant damage against the behemoth.

He decided to try everything his could. One way or another, he must succeed in his next move.

"Karen! Better ready any healing items! We might need to revive someone! Marcus! We will continue our strategy to try Flinch Hippowdon! We must win this!"

Orders: Use a Bite and Quick Attack in the moment Hippowdon get out of the sand, and in both moves Kogeki will use a Will Point each to add a Automatic success in those two. I tired of miss all attacks every time.

If by chance Hippowdon to target Kogeki and do any damage on him, Kogeki will use another Will Point to ignore Pain Penalization.

That's 3 Will Points in total. Risk? Yes, but we must beat that Hippowdon one way or another.

Bite: Dex(2)+Fight(2)+Brawl(2)+Will(1)-Actions (2)=4D6+1
Damage: Power(2)+STR(2)=4D6
Effect: 3D6 to Flinch.

Quick Attack: Dex(2)+Fight(2)+Brawl(2)+Will Point(1)-Actions(4)=2D6+1
Damage: Power(2)+STR(2)=4D6
Effect: Priority Attack.
Kogeki currently ability to active in battles: Anticipation.
Hippowdon Trap Round 2

Dig on Daxter
6 - 1 + 2 = 7d6
(6)(4)(5)(2)(6)(3)(2) 4 successes

As the rumbling in the ground moves away from Pyra and passes underneath Kee, the Zigzagoon yells as loud as he can!

Snarl Clash
(5)(2)(4)(4)(4)(2)(2)(4) 5 successes
Kee takes 1 damage 3/4 HP
Hippowdon takes 1 damage 5/10 HP -2 Pain

Another explosion of sand, dirt, and rock that catches Kee in it follows as Hippowdon is startled by the noise, leaving the sand hippo floundering on the ground in an attempt to right itself! (ever seen what happens when you use a Sonic Bomb on a burrowing monster in Monster Hunter? That's the kind of image I'm going for here)

This vulnerability is the perfect opportunity for everyone else to pummel it with attacks!

Bubble
(6)(4)(4)(1)(2)(4)(1)
(6)(5) Hippowdon takes 3 damage! 2/10 HP -2 Pain
(1)

Bite 1 (Kogeki) (Spend that Will Point!)
(6)(6)(5)(4)(6*) Critical Hit!
(1) | (3)(4) Hippowdon takes 1 damage 1/10 HP -3 Pain
(1)(5)(2)

Bite (Pyra)
(6)(5)(4)(3)(3)(4)(5) Critical Hit!
(4) | (6)(3) Hippowdon takes 2 damage and faints!

Taking so many blows in succession is too much for the hippo to handle, particularly when two fanged mouths find their way to a particularly soft spot.  Sand stops pouring out of the sand hippo's pores as it burrows underground and flees!

The Sandstorm stops raging.
Pyra and Kee recover 1 HP from Life Dew

Marcus breathes a sigh of relief when the large pokemon is defeated, then smiles.

.jpg   Smiling Cubone.JPG (Size: 8.96 KB / Downloads: 40)

"Well, that's that!  You guys did a great job!  I knew asking you all to help me out was the right call!"

Everyone gets 4 exp for defeating Hippowdon.

.jpg   Neutral Cubone.JPG (Size: 8.77 KB / Downloads: 111)

"So, what's the plan now, Kee?  I believe you said we're hunting for items next, right?  I wouldn't mind getting in a little training with the wild pokemon myself while we're here, but it's your call."
Kogeki Bite with much more power this time. He was totally focus in beat that beast once and for all. He see a vulnerable point in Hippowdon eye. Showing his fangs he bite a little spot from Hippowdon eye, leaving deep marks of fangs there.

When the behemoth finally stop move Kogeki take out his fangs from Hippowdon eye. He didn't take Hippowdon eye from the eye socket, but his mouth let some drips of blood.

A little disturbing scene like a wolf after attack a prey and still have some blood in its mouth.

He make sure to clean his mouth from the blood and return to the side of the others.
(02-19-2021, 11:49 AM)Spiritmon Wrote: Kogeki Bite with much more power this time. He was totally focus in beat that beast once and for all. He see a vulnerable point in Hippowdon eye. Showing his fangs he bite a little spot from Hippowdon eye, leaving deep marks of fangs there.

When the behemoth finally stop move Kogeki take out his fangs from Hippowdon eye. He didn't take Hippowdon eye from the eye socket, but his mouth let some drips of blood.

A little disturbing scene like a wolf after attack a prey and still have some blood in its mouth.

He make sure to clean his mouth from the blood and when he heard everyone return to the path Kogeki speaks. "Just a little minute. Before we go I will have a quick snack. This Hippowdon is someway strong. So it might prove a fine Aura snack."

Kogeki then approach the now fainted Hippowdon, doing a little jump in the big nose of the Hippo Pokemon, and putting his paw in its head. "You try to hurt my eyes and make us your prey. But now...You are my prey."

Action: Aura Drain the Hippowdon. But I want to try a experiment. This time Kogeki will drain ALL the Aura from Hippowdon body. I curious to see what kind of side effects this can cause on a big Pokemon and on Kogeki.

As briefly described at the end of the second Round, Hippowdon fled when he was defeated, burrowing far, far away from his botched ambush, out of reach of those who would attempt to harm him further.
Damn it...Okay then. Did Hippowdon left something behind it's defeat? Can I search the room to look if I can find something?
(02-19-2021, 12:41 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: Damn it...Okay then. Did Hippowdon left something behind it's defeat? Can I search the room to look if I can find something?

*rolls*

Sand.  Lots and lots of sand.  A few stray rocks here and there as well. One of them seems to be a bit bigger than the others.

Kogeki can add 1 Geo Pebble to his inventory if he has an empty slot in his bag.
His normal inventory or his adventure bag he received from the Guild? Or they the same?
(02-19-2021, 01:44 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: His normal inventory or his adventure bag he received from the Guild? Or they the same?

Those are the same thing here.