Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows
(03-20-2021, 03:37 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:

Kogeki was alerted by the sound of the cry and the salandit being KO right away. He stand up in attack position and grab his weapon wrap up in his scarf, and looking to everywhere trying to look around from where its coming the attack. "Everyone, get close! We must be on guard from what or who is striking from the shadows! Get cover!" Kogeki get himself ready for whatever try to attack. Even atempt to dodge what is attacking everyone.
Kogeki currently ability to active in battles: Anticipation.
(03-20-2021, 02:27 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:
(03-19-2021, 05:42 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: "I think I have space to carry the box."
"Are you sure, Kogeki? You picked up a lot of stuff earlier.  Maybe we should let Kee carry it in his bag.  There's almost certainly enough space in there, right?"

In response to that, Ziggy Kee's already content and almost-smug smile turns into a FULLY smug smile. "Oh, sure I do 'ave space there, mah dearest Karen!~" He disappears into his beloved guitar bag for a second and returns in another second to show it. "Nough room for me in there, so definit'ly 'nough space for tha Link box if needed."

(Metawise, Kee's bag from the Guild is full, but his guitar bag has still 6 of 10 free slots for Items. But if Kogeki wishes to hold onto that Link Box for now, that's fine too!)

Quote:(...) And that's when they hear a commotion behind them.  A pokemon runs out of the path that leads to the tile to the left, seemingly in a panic.
"Aaaaaaaaaaa!  Leave me alone!"
Nobody appears to be following them, but they don't get very far, as some kind of attack comes streaking out of the corridor and hits them dead on, cleanly KOing them in a single hit!  Once everyone is able to get a good look at the pokemon that had been fleeing, it's very clearly a Salandit. (...)

....A Salandit? Something about THAT particular species of Pokemon causes smol Ziggy Kee to jump and his big heart to skip a beat, for reasons that he cannot quite fathom. But one thing's for sure, his adrenaline starts to kick in once AGAIN and so do his pronounced protective instinct and brave nature, NONE does go around blatantly bullying and OHKO'ing a poisonous lizard like that AS LONG AS HE IS AROUND TO STEP IN!!1! (҂ `з´ )

Seeing that the attacker is nowhere around  - not even visible via the X-Ray Specs appearantly - AND managed to make short shrift of poor Salandit, Kee decides that it wouldn't be wise if he'd were to charge into the situation headfirst; curiosity and a will to mess and pick a fight with the attacker put aside. Nope, what the crittercoon does is take cover somewhere on the tile they're currently on (we're not in a battle, so this doesn't take an Action or such). That way he'll 1. have the surprise effect on his side, and 2. can observe things without being open to danger himself. Full cover behind a rock or such is prefered, but partial is good too. If there really is nothing around to hide behind right now, Kee will ask whether he can take cover behind Marcus. "Nat mah style t'do that, I know - but right now, am better safe than sorreh. But WHOEVER did that to Salandit.... *lots of angry snarling and growling from Kee*

Oh, and what he also does is swapping the held X-Ray Specs for an Oran Berry. "Nat gonna need 'em now, as stylish as they are." (Good thinking there Windos)
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
Oh, I forgot! I will also use a Oran Berry or a Revive Seed in anyone of our group in case we get damage or faint because of the hide enemy @Dragonstrike. Better be ready than sorry!
Pyra's reaction to the purple lizard's sudden appearance and equally sudden dispatch was one of surprise at first, before it evens back out to quizzical, wary curiosity. Unlike Kee she had no lost feelings or any compassion for the OHKOing the Salandit went through, but she WAS both interested and concerned as to what caused it to frightfully flee/be fainted and why. If it was a potential threat to the group then it must be taken out or retreated from, but if it was not and had not intention of bothering them.....well, she would be perfectly fine leaving the noxious skink to whatever fate it's pursuer had planned for it. No need to make enemies of something with THAT much stopping power unless need be, in her opinion! That, and why make other problems their own unless they HAVE to or if it benefits them someway, right?

So following through with her idea, Pyra boldly strode forth from the group towards the direction of the OHKOing attack, cupping a claw around her mouth and shouting: "Hello and greetings, unseen stranger! Are you foe, an enemy, or no? If not, nay, then could you leave us be? We have no qualms or problems with you, so long as you mean none for us!"

Hopefully whomever did that is friendly enough, but if not.....at least Pyra will be the one to 'prove' their ill intent, if they decide to launch an attack on them! Which in that case would be a problem, what with all the Revivers the group has on hand!
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
Daxter's very deep in thought, so he is thrown off by the squealing Salandit. "What the sodding- Ow! Aaarrgh, my fucking jaw! Get ready, everyone! Stay on guard!"
I'm no one special. Also, here's a pupper pic:
[Image: image0.jpg]
(Did a small edit of my post, with Kee taking cover behind MARCUS if there's no natural one on the current tile since Pyra's approaching the unknown attacker of Salandit. Just so it's noted as it may make quite a difference!)
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
*rolls*

Kee definitely didn't see anything with the X-Ray Specs after Salandit got KOed, but that doesn't mean it's safe to assume there's nothing there.  Everyone tries their best to hide or prepare for whatever threat is approaching that was seemingly after that Salandit.  The walls of the ravine offer plenty of cover from anything in a different corridor, so hiding isn't particularly difficult for everyone.

All except for Pyra, who's either unaware of the danger or choosing to ignore it, shouting a greeting at the lizard's attacker.

...but all Pyra sees when she walks in front of the passage Salandit just ran out of is just that: an empty passage.  Her voice echoes in the silence.

After a few tense moments, Marcus and Karen relax a little.

"...do you guys think they're gone?"

.jpg   Neutral Cubone.JPG (Size: 8.77 KB / Downloads: 51)

"Well, I'm not sure who 'they' might be, but I'm pretty sure that Pyra would have been approached by something by now if they were still here.  If it had been wild pokemon, she would have been attacked on the spot."

"Okay, but then who attacked Salandit?"

"I don't know, but I've got a bad feeling about it.  We should probably help that Salandit, then get out of here quickly."
(03-21-2021, 06:06 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:

"I........hn..."

Pyra looks like she wanted to say something about Marcus' suggestion, but decided to bite their tongue instead, letting the rest of the group decide what to do with the Salandit. Judging by the slight amount of knowing frustration amidst her smiling expression, though, it was clear what she thought of his recommend course of action, the most probably outcome, and the likelihood of her getting shouted down/overridden if she offered her own two cents about it all. Especially from Dax, considering the foul mood he was in right now....

As for the empty passage, could Pyra investigate it more closely? Recalling the Secret Passage in the Hall of Magic, there is none-zero possibility that the dead end everyone see is anything but that, so why not spend a little time trying to find out if it is or isn't?
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Kogeki wait a few more seconds waiting for a attack to come. When such attack didn't happen he relax his compose and put the Kunai back to it's hiding place.

About the fainted Salandit he didn't have anything to say about it. He approach Pyra and ask her. "Mind if I join in you to take a look in this dead end? I can't let a companion investigate alone without some proper protection...and I do feel you might need some company to feel relaxed dear friend Pyra. Of course, if you want."

If Pyra permit, Kogeki will also help investigate this dead end to search if there is something left behind. A clue, a item, anything.
(03-21-2021, 10:27 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: Kogeki wait a few more seconds waiting for a attack to come. When such attack didn't happen he relax his compose and put the Kunai back to it's hiding place.

About the fainted Salandit he didn't have anything to say about it. He approach Pyra and ask her. "Mind if I join in you to take a look in this dead end? I can't let a companion investigate alone without some proper protection...and I do feel you might need some company to feel relaxed dear friend Pyra. Of course, if you want."

If Pyra permit, Kogeki will also help investigate this dead end to search if there is something left behind. A clue, a item, anything.

She wouldn't mind one bit! In fact, the she demon would give the phantom brave a great big smile and a nod, looking in a much better mood thanks to his company.

"Yes, yes, you may join with me, help me in my curious search, Ninja Kogeki! Always and very happy to enjoy any and all time spent with you, yes indeed!"

That helped a lot! Thanks, Kogeki!