Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows
(09-07-2022, 11:08 AM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote:

"Sure thing!  Just give us a day or two to get growin'!"  Pansage takes the Blinker Seed, Custap Berry, and Petaya Berry and tucks them away behind the counter, then pulls out the Aspear Berries that Kee requested to purchase and passes them over the counter once Kee pays the agreed upon sum.

---------------------------------

"Ooh, is that a Silver Ticket?  That can get you some nice stuff!  Let me see here..."

*rolls*

"Well would you look at that!  You've won really big!  For the lucky jackpot winner, I have a very special prize!"

Big Win!: Big Reward - PMD: Explorers of T/D/S

Kee obtains a Rainbow Gummi! (Grants a random Surprise! to a pokemon when consumed!)

"They say that if you eat one of those, you'll get stronger in surprising ways!  Congrats on your jackpot!  Hope we'll see you again soon!"

Kee's eyes shine with delight and just a hint of greed as he packs that away in his guitar bag.  He'll have to show this to everyone later!
After Kee's shopping is done and Platina's been properly introduced to the members of Team Paradise, Team OS meet Keldeo and Emolga in the main plaza of Paradise.

"Everyone ready?"

"Yup!  Just finished having Scraggy help me remember how to use Nuzzle!  Good to go!"

"Just finished mah shoppin'!  Team Omega Seekers is ready!"

"Alright, to the hill in Post Town then!  We'll be using the Entercards there to get to the Great Glacier since that's where the ley lines are at their most concentrated."

Much like the first time using Entercards to open a Magnagate, Keldeo has everyone stand in a circle as he places the cards on the ground.  He places them in a much more complex pattern this time, though, and the color of the light that appears as the magnagate starts to open is icy blue.

"Everyone hold on tight!  This might get a little bumpy!"

*F L A S H*

--------------------------

The next thing everyone senses is that it's cold.

Very cold.

They're not in a Magnagate Mystery Dungeon this time, though.  Their surroundings look very, very natural.

The Great Glacier: Great Glacier - PMD: Gates to Infinity

[Image: Great_Glacier_PMDGTI.png]

Everywhere the members of Team OS look, there's snow.  or ice.  Or snow and ice.  Trees and rocks covered entirely in snow dot the nearby landscape.  And just up ahead, a towering mountain of ice looms above them.

"This is it!  This is the Great Glacier!  And somewhere in that mountain is the Glacier Palace!  Or at least, what's left of it after it came crashing down.  Man, it's been forever since I've been here."

"Honestly, I'm not as excited about it as you are, Emolga.  Last time I was here, I was stuck in a jail cell, remember?"

"I'm sure this trip will go fine, Keldeo.  What could possibly go wrong when these guys have you and me around, right?"

"I suppose..."

"That settles it then!  Alright Platina, lead the way!"

Great Glacier 1F

The group of five pokemon begins the approach to the glacier proper, the crunch of snow underneath their feet the only noise they hear for now in this rather barren looking icescape.

At one point, Keldeo slips slightly before catching himself.  "Phew, that was close.  I almost fell over.  Watch your step everyone.  This whole area around the central mountain is one gigantic glacier, so we're actually standing on a layer of snow on top of a layer of ice right now.  We need to reach the central mountain and find a way inside if we're going to reach the Glacier Palace like Sue did."

Walls of ice create a long path for the party, but it eventually divides into two paths and goes in two different directions.  

With the X-Ray Specs on, Platina can see that there are various wild pokemon and items spread around the Mystery Dungeon.  And there's a lot of wild pokemon, too.
(09-15-2022, 03:35 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:

Platina lets out a huff as Kee finally makes it back from his last minute shopping trip - couldn't he have gotten such business done before paw? Honestly! - giving everyone a sharp, Keen Eyed stare.

"Indeed. Let us depart then, post haste. The Swifter we are in our Missions (she eyes Kee briefly as she says this), the greater chance we'll resolve them with much less problems."

The shiny bird indeed braced herself upon Keldo's recommendation, Hardening herself in preparation - 

-------------------------

- before she is abruptly there, right in the gelid wastes of the Great Glacier. Despite her Steel heritage she can't help the shiver that wracks her body - she's a Flying type too, and like with Water she loathes the cold. Coldness meant Winter season was coming, and that always heralded times of hardship and hunger. Hopefully her Team wouldn't be here long enough to suffer the worst of these lands.....

During the time everyone was chatting the ironclad avian went into her Bag to briefly Equip the X-Ray Specs to scout out the Floor and then swap it back with her Persim Scarf, but she momentarily paused when Emolga said those words. She stilled for a second, before letting out an uncharacteristic groan before she 'favored' the sparking squirrel with a dirty look.

"Oh now you've done it. You've Cursed us with that comment! Haven't you heard not to invite The Trickster and temp the Fates with careless words? If something goes wrong on this Mission in the near future, you're shouldering the blame with me Emolga."

*Sighs*

"....What done is done, though. Let us brace ourselves for the worst, and hope for best. *Perks up Dazzling!* Follow me, everyone! I shall lead us all to triumph and safety, or my name isn't La-Platina!

With that said, she Leads the party along the path straight ahead, right towards the Room she suspects their is an Item in. Her approach is swift and bold - their shall be no attempts at Stealth or discretion, as the group needs to get moving now!
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
"I do not believe in lucky. I believe in skill. However, I do think its not wise to tempt fate. Lets get going." Kogeki wrap up his scarf and get ready to the path ahead. He follow Pyra, ever so vigilant to any danger.
Kogeki currently ability to active in battles: Anticipation.
While the adventures of Team Omega Seekers and Daxter of Team Night Wardens are exciting topics, we must not forget the individual they left with the Adventurer's Guild on the Sand Continent either.  As the two teams began their adventures to Thunder Forest and the Great Glacier, Karen had been tasked with assisting the Guild with combing the Sand Continent for clues to both Braixen's whereabouts and the cause of the strange weather patterns across the world.

While Cacturne coordinated search efforts between the Guild's teams and Poliwrath made sure everyone was prepared for their respective adventures, Guildmaster Delphox had a special request for Karen and Team Gallop...

-------------------------------------------------

Our scene opens as Karen and Rolycoly of Team Night Wardens and Ponyta, Blitzle, and Mudbray of Team Gallop find themselves on the edge of a sea of sand, large dunes and the occasional cactus or red rock decorating the landscape before them.

Ponyta surveys the scene with a careful eye, looking for any sign of life or the Mystery Dungeon they were told was here.  Mudbray is looking around more curiously, as she's fascinated with the idea that there's a Mystery Dungeon hiding amongst all these dunes.

"Do you really think that pokemon the Guildmaster wants us to find is here?  What were they called again...?"

Level headed Blitzle apparently has a better memory than carefree Mudbray, as it doesn't take him long to respond.

"Xatu, right?  She said they're supposed to be some kind of seer."

Ponyta, ever the skeptic, just shakes his head.  "Seer or not, all I see here is sand, sand, and more sand.  Not a soul in sight.  Some Sand Dune of Spirits this is turning out to be."

He turns to face Karen, giving the Ralts a narrow eyed look.  "And why did Delphox tell us to follow you, anyways?  What's up with that?  We're the more senior members of the Guild between our two teams."

Blitzle chimes in, hoping to keep tensions low.  "I'm sure she had good reason.  I can't think of a single time she's done anything on a whim as Guildmaster."

Ponyta turns back to facing the dunes.  "We'll see.  This place looks completely barren, so let's hope that Delphox's mysterious trust in Karen isn't misplaced."

Rolycoly rolls back and forth on the sand nervously.  He's still relatively new to Team Night Wardens, but even he can tell that there's a lot of pressure to complete this job.

Mudbray walks over and smiles at the two members of Team Night Wardens.  "Don't worry, I'm sure you two will do great leading the way.  There's only so many places this seer could be, right?  I'm sure we'll find them in no time."

(You're free to react to any part of this conversation as you wish, @Mikaruge108.  When you're ready to proceed, we'll begin the adventure proper.)
(09-15-2022, 04:03 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: With that said, she Leads the party along the path straight ahead, right towards the Room she suspects their is an Item in. Her approach is swift and bold - their shall be no attempts at Stealth or discretion, as the group needs to get moving now!

Moving swiftly through the corridors, Platina leads everyone to a large plateau with a handful of snow covered trees in the middle.

A few more corridors split off from this plateau, but what catches the group's attention immediately is the wall of ice that's blocking the path to the north.  And behind that wall of ice is what appears to be a large pile of Poké.  The other two paths that lead away from the trees appear to be unobstructed.

Emolga's eyes light up as soon as he sees that.  "Whooooooaaaaaaa, that's a huge pile of money!  How are we going to get to it, though?"

Keldeo walks up to the ice wall and examines it.  "Hmmmm...it looks like there's a path back there.  Either there's another way around, or we need to find a way to break this wall down."

As everyone's pondering what to do next, it suddenly gets colder and starts to hail.

"Oh, great.  Hail.  Exactly the kind of weather I wanted to be in right now...brrrrr..."

"No use complaining about it if you can't change it, Emolga."

"I know, I know..."
(Firstly, Karen's Theme)

To Team Gallop: "I'unno if he's here, but I can feel some sort of psychic energy that may be Xatu"

Karen can sense the relative nervousness of Rolycoly; she walks up to him and, in an attempt to help calm him, says "It's okay to be nervous, I can't quite explain it, but I know the feeling of setting off on your first adventure" Whether she fully remembers or not, she can *feel* the emotions from starting her journey in Johto, as she is saying this, she's subconsciously rubbing the Steel Octagon.

"So, we can either sit out in this blistering sun all day, which I'm sure some Pokemon here prolly wouldn't mind, or we can hurry and do something."
With that, she motions for Team Gallop, the senior team here, to take point for the dungeon!
[Image: 7V2sBYC.png]
(09-17-2022, 06:53 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:

Platina's eyes too sparkle as she eyes the veritable hoard of Poke behind the icy wall, but her expression immediately plumments into grouchiness as it starts to Hail, ugh.

"Tsk.....just like I said what would happen - Fate has deemed it fit to challenge us as Emolga challenge it. *Sighs* Normally, I wouldn't be unopposed to trying to carve through the Ice with my Steel Wings, but this blasted Hail will make that a ordeal for us all. Not to mention leaving us more vulnerable to the Wild Pokemon that lurk here - I imagine the ones nearby will also begin to investigate if we start making a racket breaking down that wall."

*Shakes head*

"No, we'll have to find a way around and to the Poke. *Points to the Right* Let us go forward that way carefully, and see if we can't get scout out our enemies there before we decide what to do with them..."

Orders: Platina will lead the group to the Room to the Right next to the one they're in (The one with the Pokemon in it) slowly and carefully, as she doesn't want to be stuck anywhere too long with Hail raining down nor put her party members at too much risk trying to bash their way through the Ice Wall and attracting attention while they're weakened from the Hail. Not great, but hardly the worst starts we could've had through a MD!
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
(09-17-2022, 06:59 PM)Mikaruge108 Wrote: (Firstly, Karen's Theme)

To Team Gallop: "I'unno if he's here, but I can feel some sort of psychic energy that may be Xatu"

Karen can sense the relative nervousness of Rolycoly; she walks up to him and, in an attempt to help calm him, says "It's okay to be nervous, I can't quite explain it, but I know the feeling of setting off on your first adventure" Whether she fully remembers or not, she can *feel* the emotions from starting her journey in Johto, as she is saying this, she's subconsciously rubbing the Steel Octagon.

"So, we can either sit out in this blistering sun all day, which I'm sure some Pokemon here prolly wouldn't mind, or we can hurry and do something."
With that, she motions for Team Gallop, the senior team here, to take point for the dungeon!

Rolycoly stops rolling back and forth for a moment and nods to Karen.  He doesn't say much, but the comfort is clearly appreciated, and something that he wouldn't have gotten from the Carkol that was bossing him around previously.  Rolycoly's Loyalty increases by 1.

Ponyta blinks, surprised at the amount of authority Karen is displaying.  Up until now, every time he'd seen the Ralts, she'd just been following whatever group she was in.  And she's also deferring the lead position to his team?!  Is this even the same Ralts that had gotten trapped by those Trapinch when her team first joined the guild?

"I think she's got you there, Ponyta.  Come on, let's get going."

"Yeah, let's go!  Ooh, this is so exciting!  What do you think Xatu is going to be like, Blitzle?"

"I'm not sure, but there's only one way to find out, right?"

Ponyta shakes his head.  "What am I going to do with you two?  We need to stay focused, remember?  Alright, let's go find this mysterious Sand Dune of Spirits.  Just be on the lookout for wild pokemon."

With that, Ponyta begins leading the group towards the dunes, and their surroundings being to inexplicably warp and change.  The red rocks become tall cliffs, the sand seems to stretch out into the distance forever...

There's no mistaking it.  This entire desert is a Mystery Dungeon, and that Mystery Dungeon is the secluded Sand Dune of Spirits.

The Mystic's Haven: Sand Dune of Spirits - Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon

Sand Dune of Spirits 1F

Ponyta starts by leading everyone up a tall sand dune, finding a winding path through the endless sand.

*rolls*

The equine pokemon initially have some trouble with finding their footing, their hooves not particularly well adapted to traveling in these conditions.  Ponyta is stubborn, though, and doesn't seem to be particularly bothered by the heat, so he just keeps on trudging up the dune.  Mudbray's right there with her leader, and the two help keep each other standing.  Blitzle struggles with trying to climb the sandy parts of the dune much more, but manages to find some large rocks that are lodged in the dunes and nimbly jumps from stone to stone, careful not to upset their precarious balance as he ascends.

Karen and Rolycoly have some difficulty climbing the dune as well, struggling to find stable footing.  Karen, being the klutz that she is, stumbles and falls more than a few times.  She eventually makes her way to the top, but not without getting a face full of sand.  By contrast, Rolycoly's wheel lacks traction on the sandy surface, but he barely manages to avoid falling over.

They keep climbing until they've managed to reach the top of this particular dune...

...where they find a wild Pupitar and a wild Lunatone squabbling over a pile of rocks.

*rolls*

Karen can see the sunlight reflecting off of something shiny in that pile of rocks. Rolycoly seems to be eying the rocks hungrily, too.

Blitzle may have found a way to the top of the dune that didn't involve slipping and sliding, but that doesn't mean he's not getting worn out by the climb, as he's panting by the time the group reaches the top.  "...why did...it have...to be so...big?"

Mudbray seems completely unbothered.  "Oh it wasn't that bad, Blitzle.  Where's your Stamina gone?"

"...not to interrupt your little chat, but I think we've been noticed."

And as Ponyta brings the two chatterboxes attention back to what's in front of them, the two Rock types take a defensive position.  Ponyta looks at Karen to ask her a question.

"Alright, 'expert negotiator', you seem to be pretty popular with my team and that Rolycoly of yours, so how do you want to handle this?  If you ask me, I think we should attack.  Looks like those two are rather aggressive, but we outnumber them substantially.  I'm pretty sure we could handle a fight with them.  And we have to get past them somehow if we're going to get any further in this dungeon."
"I'd honestly prefer this not coming to blows." Karen sighs, and almost audibly rolls her eyes. "Lemme try something and if it fails, then we do things your way."

Karen then calmly addresses the two Rock Pokemon; "All we want are a couple rocks for Rolycoly here, and that shiny thing. Let us have those things and you can have the rocks that are left."

Mechanics: Karen tries to negotiate getting the shiny object (Her barrette perhaps?) and 2 minimum rocks for Rolycoly to nosh on. If the negotiations fail:

[Image: 7V2sBYC.png]