Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows
#31
(04-07-2020, 02:31 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: "...so...we're all...h-human...but p-pokemon..."

Karen takes a few deep breaths as she tries to calm down.

"...okay, Karen...you can do this...there's nothing to be afraid of..."

Karen looks down at herself as she processes the fact that she's turned into a Ralts.  If she's a Ralts, then does that mean...

Karen closes her eyes and focuses for a brief moment on the emotions she can feel in her surroundings, takes a few more deep breaths...

...and when she opens her eyes, her breathing has slowed a little and become less heavy.  "...I...I'm not sure what I'm so afraid of, but...I...I think I'll be okay for now..."

It's at that point that Karen realizes something.

There's items on the ground, scattered around wherever they all woke up.

"...hey, uh, guys...I think we must have some dropped some stuff or something."

And indeed, when everyone looks, there are indeed various items on the ground where everyone had woken up.  These are the items that everyone started with.  It's a mixture of several Big Nuggets, berries, and several other miscellaneous items.  It's difficult to carry it all without a bag, but definitely possible, however barely.  Kee actually has enough stuff that he might have to stick it in the Guitar Bag he's carrying, however.

The Shiny Ralts picks up the items that she's fairly certain are hers, looks at the lone exit for this room, then back at the remaining pokemon.

"...alright, so...what now?  I think we've all established that we're humans who have turned into pokemon, hard as that is to believe...we're stuck in this cave with very little light...should we work together to try and find a way out?  I'm not sure how helpful the items I've got might be, though..."

As stated previously, the room has a single exit.  Like so:

Kogeki see the items. He pick up a Big Nugget and two Berries. He also check up what miscellaneous items is availabe to pick up.
Beating ghosts with Heart!
Melting Primals with Kogeki!
Reply
#32
(Thanks man, just to be clear, I didn't make it. I'm working on a fan game and one of the artists I found did. I can't art worth crap xD)

"I guess it's good to be working with you too. Hopefully we can find out why this weird shit happened to us."
Reply
#33
(04-07-2020, 03:19 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: Karens shuffles over to Pyra, trying her best to keep up, but nearly clumsily tripping on her own feet a few times as she does so.  "...w-wait for me!"  She stops at the edge of the room's exit as she tries to peer into the darkness that's barely illuminated by the Devimp's small flame.

Karen makes the obvious remark.  "...wow...it's really dark in there...I hope we'll be able to see where we're going..."

Are Daxter, Kogeki, and Kee ready to continue as well?

Before anything: What berries Kogeki get? And what Miscelanneous is availabe?
Beating ghosts with Heart!
Melting Primals with Kogeki!
Reply
#34
(04-07-2020, 06:41 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: Before anything: What berries Kogeki get? And what Miscelanneous is availabe?

(It's just a flavor thing I put in to explain IC why you guys have the items I gave you during character creation.  There aren't actually any new items present in the room that weren't on your character sheets already.)
Reply
#35
(04-07-2020, 06:54 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 06:41 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: Before anything: What berries Kogeki get? And what Miscelanneous is availabe?

(It's just a flavor thing I put in to explain IC why you guys have the items I gave you during character creation.  There aren't actually any new items present in the room that weren't on your character sheets already.)

Oh. Alright then Kogeki is ready to go too!
Beating ghosts with Heart!
Melting Primals with Kogeki!
Reply
#36
Everyone advances into the darkness, Pyra leading the way and lighting the path in front of the group as they delve into the shadows of...

Ultra Dark Cave 1F

Music: Sinister Woods - Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX
You can find a basic map of what you've explored already here! I'll be using this link to post the maps tile by tile when I'm using tile based dungeons.

The light of Pyra's flame reveals the room is connected to another by a long, rocky corridor.  Everyone walks past a side path that's caved in and is unpassable.  As Pyra walks past that collapsed side path, she gets a strange feeling that there's...something there.  She only feels it for a fleeting moment, however, and then the sensation is gone.

With only one path forwards, the group presses on.

They can see there's a larger cavern ahead, but it's difficult to see much of anything in it due to how dark it is.  No cracks in the ceiling means no natural light.  The light of Pyra's flame as she leads the way, however, does provide enough assistance that they can more easily see the path ahead.

   

Let's roll some dice for the first time in this game!

Insight + Survival + Alert + 1 D6
Pyra: (5)(3) 1 success
Kee: (3)(1) 0 successes
Kogeki: (5)(2)(3) 1 success
Daxter: (6)(2)(3)(3) 1 success
Karen: (6)(6) 2 successes!

Karen, who's been following closely behind Pyra, suddenly gasps!  "Everyone, stop!  I thought I saw something!"

She walks a little ways ahead and raises a hand to point at something.

"Do you see it?  That thin strand?  Is that...a spider web?"

And once Karen points it out, everyone can indeed see the light glinting off of it in the darkness.

They almost walked straight into a Spider Web that's covering the entirety of the entrance to the next chamber.

Well, that was close...

"...so...I guess we have to get past that web before we can get into the next room.  Anyone have any ideas?"
Reply
#37
Pyra's solution to the Spider Web is remarkably simple, once the issue with it is raised: Walk up to it, and use her Ember. *Fwoosh* Silk is a remarkably flammable substance, and if there's any nasty archnids hiding somewhere on/near it they'll want to bug off it real quickly and likely not think to mess with her or her allies. Burning it down should be an easy enough task for the playful fiend, even if she never used her Pokemon powers before!

Of course, if anyone objects for one reason or another, she'll cease her intended course of action ASAP!

As for that.....sensation she felt earlier, that ellicited a curious tilt of her head towards it, before she shrugs it off and continues frecklessly on. Strange, yes, but strange enough to distract her from lighting the way forward, no!
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650

Reply
#38
Kogeki analyze the situation. "I go with Pyra idea in burn the Web with Ember. But before that, maybe we should check out if there isn't any danger ahead. If there is a wall around us, I could try use Quick Attack to double my speed and check the other side."

"Or...Let me try something first."

Kogeki was in front of Pyra and he closed his eyes. Delta Riolu Aura abilities is similar to Regular Riolu ones. Maybe if concentrate, maybe he can detect any spider pokemon hiding in the dark. This is a form of use from Delta Riolu Ability, Anticipation!
Beating ghosts with Heart!
Melting Primals with Kogeki!
Reply
#39
(04-08-2020, 05:07 AM)Spiritmon Wrote: Kogeki analyze the situation. "I go with Pyra idea in burn the Web with Ember. But before that, maybe we should check out if there isn't any danger ahead. If there is a wall around us, I could try use Quick Attack to double my speed and check the other side."

"Or...Let me try something first."

Kogeki was in front of Pyra and he closed his eyes. Delta Riolu Aura abilities is similar to Regular Riolu ones. Maybe if concentrate, maybe he can detect any spider pokemon hiding in the dark. This is a form of use from Delta Riolu Ability, Anticipation!

The web is blocking the entire entrance.  It'd be very difficult to get past it without touching or destroying it.

Kogeki is correct that a Delta Riolu's abilities are similar to a standard ones, but they aren't identical.  As soon as Kogeki starts focusing on using his innate abilities, his entire perspective of the world changes, and he realizes he has no control over what it does and doesn't tell him.

*rolls*

Whenever Kogeki looks at Kee while focusing on using his Ability, he shudders.  He gets the feeling that Kee would be a dangerous opponent for him to fight.  None of the other party members trigger that sensation (not even Pyra).

When Kogeki attempts to do the same thing with the room beyond the web, he finds that he doesn't get the same feeling that he did when looking at Kee.  He isn't certain if that means there's nothing dangerous in the room, however.

The rest of the party all shudder involuntarily as they feel a sudden spine chill while Kogeki is doing this, as if something was watching them...Karen in particular is especially aware of the effects.

"...did...did you cause that sidden chill, K-Kogeki?  Brrrr...I feel like I'm being watched by a Ghost or something..."
Reply
#40
All this darkness around doesn't bother Kee much, as a natural Dark Type he even starts to.... enjoy it as he traverses it with the others. As a Pokemon he doesn't seem to have this natural discomfort and fear of the darkness a human would have, but part of him does STILL wish that he'd brought along a light source and is STILL thankful for Pyra faintly illuminating the area.


A first obstacle is soon found and revealed by Karen beforehand (who gets a grateful look for that). When Pyra aimed to just burn it down with a well-placed Ember, Kee raises no objections about that idea. "Well, if ya'll burn down this web, whoever created it surely won't be too happy 'bout it... BUT it's blocking our way, 'n if those spiders want something, let 'em come." He bristles his fur agressively.

He however snarls over this shudder caused by Kogeki's Ability and - just in case/because - takes a protective stance in front of Karen.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it"
- Gerard Way

[Image: tumblr_ojj74xpbFJ1vh0d58o1_540.png]
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)