Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows
Glacial Group Round 1

(For the record, Kogeki does not shudder in Anticipation now that Chandelure has been defeated.  Nothing especially dangerous to him here!)

Fake Out 1 on Platina
(4)(1)(3)(4)(2) 2 Successes
Headbutt Clash
(6)(3)(1)(6)(1)(4)(4)(2) 4 Successes
Kee takes 1 damage 3/4 HP
Mienfoo takes 1 damage 4/5 HP

Mienfoo lunges at the metal birdie, but Kee intercepts the blow before it can connect!  The force of the collision deals a little bit of damage to both of them, however.

Linked Quick Attack 1 and Shadow Punch 2 on Cubchoo
(6)(5)(3)(6)
(4)(1) Cubchoo takes 1 damage 2/5 HP -2 Pain
(3)(2) Hits anyways
(6)(4)(3) Cubchoo takes 2 damage and faints!

Kogeki's quick one-two-punch is a perfect field test of the recently Linked combination, swiftly eliminating the bear pokemon before it can even register where it was hit from.

"Well, that takes care of the Cubchoo.  Let's see if there's something I can do about that Trubbish then."

Bubble Beam 1 on Trubbish
(4)(2)(2)(4)(1)(4)
(5)(3)(2)(2)(2)(4) Trubbish takes 2 damage! 3/5 HP -1 Pain
(1)

Keldeo unleashes a stream of bubbles at the trash bag pokemon.  But despite being battered by the attack, it manages to only sustain minor injuries.

"Is that all you got, Keldeo?  I'll show you how to really lay on the punishment, Emolga's Enforcers style!"

Acrobatics 1 on Mienfoo
(6)(3)(3)(3)(3)
(5)(6)(6)(4)(2)(3) Mienfoo takes 5 damage and faints!

"Hah!  Take that!  Emolga one, Mienfoo zero!"

While Emolga's distracted, though, Trubbish seems to have decided that it didn't appreciate Keldeo's attempt to slow it down, and fires a stream of acid right back at the colt pokemon!

Acid Spray 1 on Keldeo
(5)(3)(4)
(5)(4) Keldeo takes 2 damage! 5/7 HP -1 Pain
Keldeo's Special Defense is decreased by 2!

"Ack!  Acid?!  Where's a Wonder Tile when you need one?"

Steel Wing 1 on Trubbish
(4)(1)(3)(4)
(5)(1)(1)(3) No damage

Platina tries to strike at the Trubbish in return, but her wings just harmlessly bounce off of the squishy Poison type.

Aqua Jet 2 on Trubbish
(3)(2)(2) Miss

Keldeo attempts to jet forwards and strike at Trubbish, but the acid seems to be messing up his concentration.

"Keldeo!  Hold on, I've got ya, buddy!"

Spark 2 on Trubbish
(5)(1)(4)
(5)(3)(4)(1) Trubbish takes 2 damage! 1/5 HP -3 Pain
(4)(4)(2)

Sludge 2 
6 Base Acc - 4 Actions - 3 Pain = -1 Critical Failure!
Trubbish takes 1 damage and faints!

Emolga charges straight into Trubbish and manages to land a solid blow on its midsection.  This subsequently causes it to barf up the sludgey contents of its stomach in an unintended manner, making a very stinky mess that it falls face first into immediately afterwards.

Platina, Kogeki, and Kee all get 10 exp for defeating the wild pokemon.

The Hail continues to come crashing down, but does no damage since the battle is over.

Emolga lets out a breath he'd bee holding.  "Phew, that was close.  Almost thought you were gonna get Poisoned there for a second, Keldeo."

Keldeo tries to shake off the acid that he'd been splashed with, though it seems to be proving particularly troublesome to clean off.  And even when it is cleaned off, clearly visible burn marks can be seen that have eroded Keldeo's defenses.  "Yeah, well, I still have to deal with this acid.  Yeowch, this burns.  If we could just find a Wonder Tile, I'd be fixed up in no time.  Nothing we can do for now except press onwards since there doesn't appear to be one here, unless anyone has an item that could help counteract the effects of that move.  Though, if we make it to the end of this floor, that would also help a bit."
Growlithe Ambush Round 1

Darkula raises a hand, readying a lunge to try and grab Karen!

Grapple 1
3 Dex + 3 Fight + 3 Brawl - 2 Actions
(4)(1)(1)(3)(3)(3)(3) 0 Successes (lol)

...but as he tries to do so, the ground explodes in front of him, briefly obscuring him in a cloud of dust and sand!

Dig Clash 1
3 Str +3 Fight + 3 Clash - 2 Actions + 2* ???
(5)(2)(1)(3)(6)(1)(1)(6*)(6*) 3 Successes
Darkula misses his attack completely, so I'll roll full damage against him.
3 Str + 3 Pow + STAB - 4 Def + SE + 2* ??? = 3d6 + 3
(6)(4)(1) Darkula takes 5 damage! 93/100 HP -1 Pain

When the dust settles, everyone sees a rather strange sight.  Darkula's attention is now focused on an unexpected arrival, and he's hissing in anger at it.

"YOU!!!  HOW DARE YOU INTERFERE, YOU MANGY MUTT!!!"

The 'mangy mutt' he's referring to is certainly a dog pokemon, though it's not like any dog pokemon that Karen has ever seen.  Their fur is a dark, dirty brown, decorated with patches of lighter colored fur in the shapes of moons.  Their tail is a much, much darker shade of black.  But the strangest thing of all is that they're decked out in accessories, wearing a tattered red cape and a rather old fashioned hat, while also holding in their mouth a wooden stake.

[Image: 067_3.png]

"I've finally found you.  You're a pain in the rear end to sniff out, you know."

"And I intend for it to stay that way.  I don't have time to deal with you right now.  Consider yourself lucky, girl!  You won't be so fortunate next time."

Darkula melts into the shadows, disappearing from the battle.

"Grrrrrr...you can't hide from me, you coward.  I'll chase you to the ends of the world if I have to."

"Uh, that's great and all, but he kinda left his minions behind!  A little help would be appreciated!  Blitzle, you help Mudbray with that rocky looking Growlithe!  I've got Karen's back!"

Ponyta charges at the Ice type Growlithe!

Flame Charge 1 on M-Growlithe
(6)(3)(1)(3)(2)
(5)(4)(1)(3) M-Growlithe takes 3 damage! 9/15 HP -1 Pain
Ponyta's Dex increases by 1!

Rolycoly hasn't been given any orders, so he focuses on throwing rocks at the *rolls* Fire type Growlithe.

Smack Down on K-Growlithe
(6)(3)(4)(4)(4)(6) Critical Hit!
2 + 2 + STAB - 2 + SE = 3d6 + 1 damage | + 2 Crit
(6)(4)(2) | (1)(1) K-Growlithe takes 3 damage! 12/15 HP -1 Pain

"Alright Blitzle, let's trample these fools!"  Mudbray lashes out with two kicks, attempting to drive the Growlithe back!

Double Kick 1 and 2 on H-Growlithe
(5)(3)(2)(1)
(4)(3)
(6)(3)(1) H-Growlithe takes 2 damage! 13/15 HP -1 Pain
(6)(3)(3) H-Growlithe takes 2 damage! 11/15 HP -1 Pain

The Growlithe all growl in unison as they begin to retaliate, still following the last order they were given, though without any particular targets since they weren't instructed who to attack.

Flame Wheel (K) 1 on Karen
(6)(4)(1)
(6)(4)(5) Karen takes 3 damage! 2/5 HP -2 Pain
(3)

K-Growlithe rams into Karen with its full might, recognizing that Darkula's rage had initially been directed at her.  Karen is bowled over by the attack, suffering a large amount of damage.

Fire Fang (H) on Lunapup
(6)(2)
(1)
(-)(-)
(-)(-)

Lunapup is struck by H-Growlithe, but they simply let their cape take the brunt of the blow and are completely unscathed.  "You'll have to try harder than that!"

Thunder Wave 1 on H-Growlithe
(1)(1)(2)(2) Miss

Blitzle is distracted when he sees Karen take a huge amount of damage, causing his electrical charge to go wide and miss its mark.

Ice Fang 1 on Blitzle
(5)(6)
(5)(3)(4) Blitzle takes 2 damage! 3/5 HP -1 Pain
(6)(1) Blitzle Flinches 2!
(4)(4)

...which is the perfect opportunity for M-Growlithe to chomp on him!

"Ah!"

"Blitzle, you need to focus!"

Psychic on M-Growlithe
4d6 accuracy because of the single action bonus and -2 Pain
(4)(3)(1)(1) Miss

Suddenly being attacked by one of these Growlithe is not a good thing for Karen, and it causes her to completely lose her focus as she tries to summon the willpower to use her most powerful attack.

"Just like that coward to leave his minions to deal with unwanted nuisances.  Very well, I'll help."

Wide Guard 2
(6)(4)(3)(1)(1)
Everyone is protected!

The ragged mutt takes a defensive stance, ready to intercept any and all attacks.

"I'll cover you.  Hit them hard, recover for ailments, whatever you need to do, do it now."

"You got it!"

Ponyta cloaks himself in flame and rams into the icy Growlithe at full speed again!

Flame Wheel 2
(5)(2)(3)(4)
(5)(2)(1)(6) M-Growlithe takes 3 damage! 6/15 HP -2 Pain
(2)

The icy Growlithe yelps in pain as Ponyta rams into them again.  The other two Growlithe howl in unison as they lunge at their targets with bared fangs.

Bite (K) 2
(4)

Bite (H) 2
(1) Miss

Lunapup watches their movements carefully, then they lunge for K-Growlithe to knock them off course while H-Growlithe sails past them.

Blitzle Flinches 2

Bite (M) 2
6 base Acc - 4 Actions - 2 Pain = 0
Fails

In significant pain, the Ice type Growlithe can't quite move fast enough to attack a second time without hurting itself, so they opt to do nothing instead.

But unlike the party of Adventurers, Lunapup doesn't seem to be slowing down, hitting the Ice type with a sweeping blow!

Low Kick 3 on M-Growlithe
(5)(1)(4)
3 Str + 1 Pow + STAB + 0 Weight - 2 Def + SE
(1)(4)(2) M-Growlithe takes 2 damage! 4/15 HP -2 Pain

"Grrrr...these minions are resilient.  I can take the Rock type one down a few pegs if you can deal with the other two though."

Growlithe Ambush Round 2
Lunapup: Healthy
Ponyta: 4/5 HP
Rolycoly: 5/5 HP
Mudbray: Healthy
K-Growlithe: 12/15 HP -1 Pain
H-Growlithe: 11/15 HP -1 Pain
Blitzle: 3/5 HP -1 Pain
M-Growlithe: 4/15 HP -2 Pain
Karen: 2/5 HP -2 Pain
(10-01-2022, 02:53 AM)no one Wrote: Daxter grunts in pain as the Voltorb zaps into him. Defeating them allows him to quickly pull the bottle of MooMoo Milk out and chug it down. He makes a face, grimacing at the taste. "Yech. Milk."

The weird shadows dispersing puts him on edge, however. He looks around nervously before he turns to Bunnelby and Dedenne. "Did you two see that? These weird shadows came out of the Voltorb and scarpered off into the forest!"

He then gets to his feet and takes a look around. "Why don't we go back down there? Take a closer look around?"

He then leads everyone back to the area that they had started off in (after climbing down the side of this wall) before leading them north and climbing the wall to the north.

"Wait, what?  That weird energy...went deeper into the forest?"

"Well, it's not the strangest thing we would have encountered."

"True...it couldn't possibly be as weird the Voidlands after all..."

"If you think it's concerning, Daxter, we'll trust you on that.  Lead the way."

(If Daxter would like to question Dedenne and Bunnelby about what they just said, they can give him a brief explanation while they're traveling)

---------------------------------

The group waves farewell to Grubbin as they head back the way they came.  When they reach the place they started at again, though...

...whoooooooosh...

...a faint gust of wind is felt and heard.  Bunnelby and Dedennes' ears immediately perk up as they feel and hear it, knowing exactly what that means.

"We need to get moving.  The wind's coming."

Daxter leads everyone to the north, chasing the shadows deeper into the forest.  Snom is very nervous about encountering this mysterious 'wind' she's been told about, wondering what it could possibly be.  It's a stark contrast to the still stoic Rowlet, though the owl's flight speed has notably increased.

---------------------------------

Eventually, they reach a clearing after climbing over several old tree stumps.  A few of the trees in the area, as if they'd been struck by lightning.  Dedenne is looking around, her whiskers twitching constantly.

"...we're not alone here...I can feel something powerful in the air...and it's not that wind, either.  Maybe they haven't noticed us yet, though."

"Look.  Signs of a battle."

Bunnelby pushes ahead and points out many scuff marks and footprints, broken branches, broken orbs.

"Someone was here."

"Correction: someone is here."

Dropping out of the canopy of the trees behind the party is a bright yellow, cat-like pokemon.  Parts of their fur and their whiskers are colored a bright, electric blue.  A long, scarf-like rope of fur trails behind them, and their fists crackle with blue electrical energy.

"Two groups of trespassers in one day?  I believe that's a new record."

Dedenne and Bunnelby take defensive stances.

"Who are you?"

"You're the cat that was mentioned in the mission description, aren't ya?  The one that pummeled that townsmon."

"Maybe I am.  What's it to you?"  They cross their arms, seemingly completely at ease.  "The name's Zeraora.  Guardian of Lord Raikou's domain.  And I have a job to do, see?  Keep out unwanted riff raff.  My Lord doesn't like being disturbed, you see."

That second name seems to ring a bell for Dedenne and Bunnelby.

"Wait, are you referring to that Raikou?  The one that tried to stop pokemon from turning to stone?"

"Maybe.  What's it to you?  Far as I know, you have no business here.  So unless you want to leave quietly, you better be good at convincing me to not eject you from this Mystery Dungeon by force."

Zeraora stares at everyone with narrowed, skeptical eyes, their fists continuing to crackle with blue electricity as they await an explanation, departure...or challenge.
(10-17-2022, 08:14 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:
Mechanical:
Karen picks herself back up, with some effort, and eats the Oran Berry from her bag and becomes healthy
5/5 HP

The arrival of Lunapup gives Karen quite the start; "Yah! I-I'm glad y-you're on our side." Karen is clearly shaken up from the new doggo on the scene.

「J̡̰̼͚̗̲̏̃ͥa̼̦̝̖̲͉͗́s̳̝̫̠̬̳̤̗ͮ͐ͫ̈́͟m̛̫̦̩ͨ̋͗i͈̤̣͓̯̍ͯ͒ͬ͜ṋ͖̠̹͎̮̬͔͆͌̅͞e̛̲̫ͪ̈: "Karen, you should give them the old heave-ho!"」The other name dances at the forefront of her memory, before fizzling away

just as quickly.

"Right! Rolycoly, Smack Down these Growlithe, starting with the weakest one."

Her eyes flash as she readies another psychic blast, and she is putting everything she has into making this hit count!

Psychic
Accuracy:
Dex (1) + Fight (2) + Channel (1) = 4D6+ Single Action
Damage:
Special (2) +STAB (1) +3= 3D6 +3
Notes:
1CD Sp. Def (Insight) Down; Conditional Will Point usage if move would miss
Target: Midgardian Growlithe

Rolycoly:
Smack Down
Target: M-Growlithe or H-Growlithe if the former is fainted.
Accuracy:
Dex(1)+Fight(2)+Channel(1)= 4D6 +Single Action
Damage:
Strength (2)+STAB (1) + SE(1) +2= 4D6+2
Notes: Ranged; Removes Ground-type Immunity
[Image: 7V2sBYC.png]
(10-17-2022, 06:50 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:

Platina eyes briefly shrunk to pinpricks when the Fighter aburptly targeted them with a blisteringly fast attack, when Kee with equal swiftness intervened and took it for her! Momentarily she gave the punk star a surprised glance, before she hardened herself and tried to focus on the battle once more. It was to no avail, however - that whole sequence threw her entirely off her game and prevented her from accomplishing much, and she wouldn't get a chance to prove herself otherwise when that pile of trash puked itself to Faint. She only only had one thing to say about that:

"Ugh! Revolting!"

The shiny avian recoiled away from the sordid mess with a look of pure disgust and one wing covering her nose, before she turned to Emolga with a somewhat disgruntled expression.

"No offense to you Emolga, couldn't you have found a way to Knock this......thing out without it making such a horrible mess? *Sighs* The cold at least blunts the stench of it, mercifully."

Keldeo's complaints earn a sympathetic wince from her - she's suffered from burns of various kinds before herself, and none of them were particularly pleasant - but to his inquiry she could only shake her head.

"Regretfully no, Keldeo. I was never.....taught medicine craft much, so I can't help assist you with your burns. Let us hurry and try to find the Exit to this Floor then, and hopefully you'll heal quickly in the meantime."

While the party was recovering from the skirmish she took the opportunity to take out and put on the X-Eye Glasses again and looked around, and winced at what she saw up ahead. Platina let out a loud 'Ahem!' to get everyone attention and looked over everyone, her gaze hovering over Kee a little longer than most, before she conveyed the news.

"....Companions, it appears that we'll have more company in the Room forward. Perhaps they were lured there from the sounds of our battle, or wandered in there recently regardless. *Sighs* Either way it likely spells more troubles for us all. Joy. *Deep breath and sigh* ....Well, nothing can be done about it now, except proceed with caution like we have been. Hopefully they're not as much of a threat as these ones were, or if the Gods permit look friendly enough for parley. Everyone, get ready to move out carefully."

Her decree thus made, she swapped her X-Eye Glasses back with her Persim Scarf and prepared to lead her companions Stealthily forward into the next Room facing up from their tile, trying to be quick yet cautious in her approach. It seemed to be working - she was moving with noticeably more grace and speed as she lead the party forward than before! Increasing Platina's Dexterity by 1 for 30 XP, making it 4 now

Order: Have the Party enter the room directly up from their current tile Stealthily/slowly like they did when entering this room, as there be Unknown Pokemon ahead and she continues not to take any risks and chances with everyone's health and safety. Additionally, time for her first Attribute Increase! With it, she's hit her DEX Cap until she Evolves, so the only way she'll be getting faster is improving her Skills and Specialties until then! May it serve her well in the times ahead!
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
Original Post link
----------------------

As Mienfoo's hands and Kee's forehead collide in a rather forceful manner, a low hiss emits from the crittercoon's bared teeth - no one, NO ONE dares to mess with those he considers friends and allies like that(メ` ロ ´) For the split of a second where both battlers glance into each other's eyes, Kee cannot help but to smirk over both having succesfully crossed Mienfoo's plan to hurt Platina and saved from any harm; before he leaps out of the way to let Emolga display some masterly gracefulness in his attack. Another pleased smirk from Kee, this time for the electric squirrel - now THAT's some classy fighting style straight up his alley!~

As quickly as the battle started it ended, even if how they've managed to win over Trubbish wasn't very...pleasant to watch, he suddenly feels somewhat bad for them. There's little he can do about that feeling however, and no way he'd use any precious remedy of his to make up for the wild 'Mon - in fact, Kee much rather takes some steps back from the fainted mess that Trubbish is, grimance over the stench and compulsively clean his fine fur. Platina's semi-complaint about Emolga having knocked Trubbish out in the way he did receives a comforting glance and wave of his paw in his trademark 'no big deal'-manner. "It's fine, it's fine... Couldn't have 'xpected us t'win over tha trashbag like that, could we? Let us nat give it too much thought, rather move onward."

...Or not, as Kee's head makes a u-turn in direction of Keldeo as the waterly horse mentions 'acid' - and what he sees makes Kee grimance just as much (if not more) than he did just before. (°ロ°) ! "These are some, uh, nasty burns ya got there, K'ldeo...", he speaks up in worried manner as he steps closer to Keldeo. "D'ya allow me to try soothin' that pain for a ya 't least a little ? Can't stand seein' ya like that. Do tell if I make it worse or 'f it pains, will ya..? I gonna be gentle though, promise."

Medicine check from Kee go! What he'll gonna do is take some loose fur of his, lick over is ('Lick' as in the move he knows) for the hair to somewhat stick together via saliva - it doesn's have to be much - and gently put it on the most serious-looking burns of Keldeo so that the wounds are at least a little covered. this very simple impromptu-bandage doesn't have to remain on the wounds aka cover them, pretty sure it won't stick to them anyway, but Kee at least want to take some remaining acid off he wounds to prevent it from eroding more tissue. Roll's going to be 2 Smart + 1 Knowledge (raised for 8 XP) + 0 Medicine + 3 Logic = 6d6, not that bad. Raising Medicine Skill would make more sense, but I can't before Knowledge as the correspondenting Skill hasn't been raised after all.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
With the battle ended, Kogeki clean his hand and then talk to Platina. "Good call Platina. A indeed good strategy. I just gonna check the fallen enemies to see if they have something interesting."

Action: Check the fallen Pokemon to see what they have.
Kogeki currently ability to active in battles: Anticipation.
Daxter looks at Bunnelby and Dedenne sharply. "That sounds... ominous. What are the Voidlands?"

Daxter winces visibly when Raikou is mentioned. A Zeraora and a Raikou all in the same jungle? Just his luck. He pauses, thinking about how to address the Zeraora before warily speaking to it. "Listen, mate, we came here from somewhere pretty far away to look for some Pokemon. All the way from the Desert Continent, actually. That's the only reason we came here, I promise you. I didn't even know that a Raikou lived here. Look at me. You really think a wimpy water-type like myself would walk into a forest full of electric types if I knew that I'd have to fight a Zeraora and a Raikou off? Maybe you've seen who we're looking for? A Braixen or a group with a Gallade, Rhyperior and Roserade? We came in here after hearing about them back in town and got mobbed by a bunch of weird Voltorb and then we ran into you. This place is too quiet. Something's happening and it's making my tail tense up. Weird shadows and shit flying out of the Voltorb and now we're in what looks like a warzone. You want us out, I get it, but I'm here on a job and I'd like to see it through. We'll stay clear of your boss, just let us take a look around for our friends."
I'm no one special. Also, here's a pupper pic:
[Image: image0.jpg]
(11-07-2022, 11:56 AM)no one Wrote: Daxter looks at Bunnelby and Dedenne sharply. "That sounds... ominous. What are the Voidlands?"

Daxter winces visibly when Raikou is mentioned. A Zeraora and a Raikou all in the same jungle? Just his luck. He pauses, thinking about how to address the Zeraora before warily speaking to it. "Listen, mate, we came here from somewhere pretty far away to look for some Pokemon. All the way from the Desert Continent, actually. That's the only reason we came here, I promise you. I didn't even know that a Raikou lived here. Look at me. You really think a wimpy water-type like myself would walk into a forest full of electric types if I knew that I'd have to fight a Zeraora and a Raikou off? Maybe you've seen who we're looking for? A Braixen or a group with a Gallade, Rhyperior and Roserade? We came in here after hearing about them back in town and got mobbed by a bunch of weird Voltorb and then we ran into you. This place is too quiet. Something's happening and it's making my tail tense up. Weird shadows and shit flying out of the Voltorb and now we're in what looks like a warzone. You want us out, I get it, but I'm here on a job and I'd like to see it through. We'll stay clear of your boss, just let us take a look around for our friends."

Zeraora stares at Daxter long and hard, evaluating what the Water type is saying.  The air feels tense and charged with electrical plasma...

...until the tension is broken by the sound of a thunder strike.

K A C H O W ! !

Zeraora suddenly turns to look at the path behind him, tensing up.

"...that was not Lord Raikou's Thunder.  Something's wrong."

He turns to look at Daxter and company again.  "Follow me.  The Braixen you're looking for went deeper into the forest."

Zeraora then turns and runs deeper into the trees without another word.

"...well, that didn't sound ominous at all."

"Reckon we should trust that kitten?"

"If he really does know Raikou, then we probably can?  I'm going to report this to Ampharos, see what he thinks."

"Right then.  Well, Daxter, are followin' him?  Sounds like there's going to be trouble up ahead."

Bunnelby's words are punctuated by another gust of ominous wind blowing through the dungeon, this time stronger than before.

"...and it seems like there'll be trouble soon if we stay too.  Just what we needed..."
(10-17-2022, 09:24 PM)Mikaruge108 Wrote:

Growlithe Ambush Round 2

Lunapup readjusts their grip on the stake in their mouth, and then strikes at the Hisuian Growlithe with a flurry of blows!

Bone Rush 1-3 on H-Growlithe
(4)(1)(3)(6)(1)(2)
(6)(4)(1)(1)
(5)(1)
3 Str + 1 Pow + STAB - 2 Def + QE = 3d6 + 2 damage per hit
(4)(4)(4) H-Growlithe takes 5 damage! 6/15 HP -2 Pain
(6)(6)(1) H-Growlithe takes 4 damage! 2/15 HP -2 Pain
(4)(4)(3) H-Growlithe takes 5 damage and faints!

The sheer ferocity of the attack is almost wolf-like.  Lunapup growls threateningly at the remaining two Growlithe, staring daggers at them.  The ice type dog whimpers, looking about ready to flee.

"You're not getting away!  Chaaaaarge!"

Flame Charge 1 on M-Growlithe
(5)(5)(4)(5)(4)(3) Critical hit!
(5)(4)(6)(5) | (2)(2) M-Growlithe takes 4 damage and faints!

Ponyta tramples the ice type growlithe underhoof, barely leaving them conscious, and certainly unable to battle or flee.  They wimper weakly while Ponyta issues orders to their team.

"Mudbray, Blitzle, it's time to finish off that last Growlithe!  Hit it with everything you can!"

Rolycoly nods to confirm Karen's orders.  With his original targets KOed though, he turns his attention to the last one standing.

Smack Down on K-Growlithe
(3)(3)(2)(4)(2)(1)
(6)(6)(3) K-Growlithe takes 3 damage! 9/15 HP -1 Pain

Double Kick 1 and 2 on K-Growlithe
(4)(4)(1)(2)
(6)(2)
(6)(6)(4) K-Growlithe takes 3 damage!
(5)(3)(2) K-Growlithe takes 1 damage 5/15 HP -2 Pain

Mudbray's kicks cause the final Growlithe to wimper in pain as well.  "Hah!  That one was for Karen, you stray!"

In desperation, the dog tries to strike at the newest arrival.

Flame Wheel (K) 1 on Lunapup
(6)(4)
(5) Lunapup takes 1 damage
(-)

...but the attack barely even scratches them, their cape once again protecting them from the brunt of the force and the scorching flames.

"Alright, I am not missing this time!  Take this!"

Shock Wave 1 on K-Growlithe
(4)(1)(1)(5)
3 Special + 2 Pow + STAB - 2 Ins = 4d6
(4)(2)(1)(1) ...

Blitzle does indeed not miss.  But all the electricity seems to do is cause the Growlithe's hair to stand on end...

Ponyta sighs.  If they could facepalm, they would be doing that right now.

Psychic on K-Growlithe
(5)(5)(1)(6)(2)(3)
(6)(2)(2)(3) K-Growlithe takes 1 damage 4/15 HP -2 Pain

Karen musters all the psychic energy she can and blasts the last Growlithe with it!  The amount of power goes a little wild though, resulting in her doing less damage than she might have expected or wanted.

Quick Attack 2 on K-Growlithe
(2) Miss

Blitzle suddenly charges, trying very hard to actually contribute something to this battle.  Ponyta just shakes their head in exasperation.

"...that's not how you trample something Blitzle.  This is how you trample something!"

Stomp (Ponyta) 2 on K-Growlithe
(5)(4)(5)(4)
(5)(1)(2) K-Growlithe takes 1 damage 3/15 HP -2 Pain
(6)(4)(1) K-Growlithe Flinches!

K-Growlithe Flinches 2!

Ponyta's Stomp attack stops the last Growlithe in their tracks, giving Lunapup the chance to finish them off with a final blow.  They growl as they look around, making sure there's no more enemies to fight.  There does not appear to be, so they relax slightly.

Karen and Rolycoly get 10 exp.

----------------------------------

Ponyta starts lecturing Blitzle on his performance again.  Lunapup starts assessing the group of pokemon.

"Is everyone all right?  You're lucky I managed to drive off the Dark Lord."

"I think we're fine...Dark Lord though?  Isn't that a bit...dramatic?"

"His words, not mine.  He's quite fascinated with that particular type, if you couldn't tell from the name."

Lunapup looks at Karen.  "And how are you holding up?  I caught snippets of your conversation with Darkula while I was preparing my own ambush.  He seemed to be especially interested in you for some reason."