Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows
(10-20-2022, 02:28 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: With the battle ended, Kogeki clean his hand and then talk to Platina. "Good call Platina. A indeed good strategy. I just gonna check the fallen enemies to see if they have something interesting."

Action: Check the fallen Pokemon to see what they have.

*rolls*

Unsurprisingly, Kogeki finds that Trubbish was holding a lot of smelly garbage.  Mienfoo and Chandelure don't seem to have much of any note on them either.

Further examination of Trubbish's belongings though yield a Black Sludge! (can be used as a held item or as a crafting material)

Cubchoo was also hiding an Aspear Berry in its fur, and 1 unit of tufts of Cubchoo fur can also be gathered from it.  It's very warm and insulating, but also partially stuck together by thick, cold mucus.  The mucus itself seems like it could be an interesting crafting material.

(10-20-2022, 12:16 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote:

This is gonna be a pretty hard check to make, but let's see what happens!

(6)(5)(1)(5)(2)(2) 3 successes.  Not enough for the intended effect, but it's not a fail either.

Keldeo cringes as Kee attempts to create an impromptu bandage with fur and saliva.  That doesn't seem to have much of an effect on its own.

But what does have an effect is Kee licking off some of the acid.  It burns his tongue.  Keldeo seems to be in a little less pain, but now Kee is sharing in it!  Now Keldeo and Kee both have -1 Sp Def instead of just one of them having -2.

Keldeo looks grateful but confused.  "...well, thanks for trying.  That was uh...creative.  Is that something that humans do normally, or...?"

(10-18-2022, 03:01 PM)Lord Windos Wrote:

The Hail continues to fall, nullifying the group's passive HP recovery as they move on to the next room.

What they find is a large, icy clearing that doesn't appear to have anyone in it.  And off to the left, there appears to be a path that might go behind the ice wall they saw earlier!  Everyone tries to move as quietly as they can, carefully looking around for potential enemies.

???'s Alert
*rolls* 5 successes

Kee's Stealth
(6)(4)(2)(3) 2 successes

Kogeki's Stealth
(5)(2)(1)(2) 1 Success

Platina's Stealth
(1)(3)(1)(3)(1)(3) 0 successes

(I'm not even going to bother rolling for Keldeo and Emolga, since it's impossible for the group to succeed the Stealth check at this point)

Moving slowly through the cold is starting to get to the group, and the hail and slick terrain are both making it really hard to stay quiet.  Everyone takes 1 damage from the hail.

It doesn't take long for the presence that Platina sensed with the X-Ray specs to notice them, either.  A sudden flurry of snow blows through the room, causing everyone to shield their eyes.  When it passes and they can see again, a snow white Ninetales is suddenly standing in the middle of the ice field.  Their stance is confident, their aura is chilling, and there's no navigating this room without going through them first.

"Well, it's not often we see visitors here at the Great Glacier.  State your business, travelers."
(01-14-2023, 03:09 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: (...) Cubchoo was also hiding an Aspear Berry in its fur, and 1 unit of tufts of Cubchoo fur can also be gathered from it.  It's very warm and insulating, but also partially stuck together by thick, cold mucus.  The mucus itself seems like it could be an interesting crafting material. (...)

Ohhhh, is it possible for Kee go pick up one unit of that Cubchoo fur after Kogeki's done looting the defeated Pokemon? He's especially interested in that cold thick mucus, hoping it can be either extracted or used alongside the fur it holds together and used for some decent crafts. In-chara Kee's going to prioritize helping out Keldeo first, but after that he'll be like "Hold on a moment there K'geki, lemme see whether I can't take along a tiiiny lil' bit of the icy bear's nice fur. Just a lil', bit, k? Might come in handy at some point!~" He's reclusive of getting hiw own pretty paws sticky by gathering the mucus-fur, but eh... He shakes himself in slight disgust afterwards and does a quick cleaning of his paws before moving onwards/catching up with the others. "Hey, wait for dear-me, dontcha leave me b'hind!" 。。。ミヽ(。><)ノ

Quote:(...) Keldeo cringes as Kee attempts to create an impromptu bandage with fur and saliva.  That doesn't seem to have much of an effect on its own.
But what does have an effect is Kee licking off some of the acid.  It burns his tongue.  Keldeo seems to be in a little less pain, but now Kee is sharing in it!  Now Keldeo and Kee both have -1 Sp Def instead of just one of them having -2.
Keldeo looks grateful but confused.  "...well, thanks for trying.  That was uh...creative.  Is that something that humans do normally, or...?" (...)

Uh... Towards that Kee can only mildly shrug-and-smile. "I actually don't know, K'ldeo...", he responds in a nonchalant voice, "Guess I was just acting intuitively, ya know, dunno whether t'was my inner Pokemon or inner human. Probably both. Kinda just wanted t'help ya in SOME way, hehe..." Cue slightly embarassed smile, which eventually turns into bit of a pained expression that doesn't fit Kee at all. "And t'seems like it did, cuz now I've gotten a first-hand 'xperience how it feels t'have yar tongue c'rroded by some acid."

Kee does still put on a lovely smile though, trying to mask the unpleasant sensation. "But dat's fine, now we're sharing tha pain! Much better than being left to endure it 'lone, now isn't it~"
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it"
- Gerard Way

[Image: tumblr_ojj74xpbFJ1vh0d58o1_540.png]
6 of Karen's current exp will be used to increase her channel from 1 to 2!

"I- I'm fine," Karen manages, still somewhat uncomfortable around Lunapup. "Yeah, there's a bit of history... He took the Dread Plate and mentioned something about the 'Primal Shadows' whatever that is..." She is going to be intentionally vague on any further questions about the plates and the mission from Arceus, as she is somewhat wary about the Lunapup.
[Image: Z1abhmj.png]
Daxter tenses up when the thunder strikes. He stares at Zeraora with his heart pounding. "Uh huh. Yeah. Closer to the lightning. The loud and scary lightning. Bloody mental..."

He speaks to Dedenne and Bunnelby as he sees Zeraora go into the woods. "I... don't really want to follow him if I'm being entirely honest. The thought of getting zapped by static electricity makes me nervous. A sodding lightning strike that even made an electric type like that Zeraora worried? It's taking all of my willpower to not just leg it."

He trails off, contemplating his choices before sighing. "I'm trying to build some kinda rapport with the guildmaster. How the bloody fuck am I gonna do that if I leave her kid in a place lkke this? Let's just follow the Zeraora."

As an afterthought, he adds, "Not sure if you heard me before. What are the Voidlands?"
I'm no one special. Also, here's a pupper pic:
[Image: image0.jpg]
(01-14-2023, 06:59 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote:

Kogeki its a bit disgusted with mucus, and he is kinda gladly with Kee deciding to carry that thing. "Sure. I not very much trilled in carry this, so feel free in carrying Kee." Kogeki decide to carry the Black Sludge and the Aspear Berry. Could be useful later!

With this done we can continue. Oh, but not before he drain the Aura of those fainted Pokemon. Can Kogeki act looks like he is checking if the fainted Pokemon are carrying something more and sneak drain the Aura of those fainted Pokemon without our other companions see @Dragonstrike? Kee is aware of Kogeki Aura drain abilities, but the others dont. If not possible we can continue our path mate.
Kogeki currently ability to active in battles: Anticipation.
(01-14-2023, 03:09 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:

Platina doesn't pay much mind to either of her companion's efforts as she gathers the group and marches ahead. So long as they're not doing anything too objectionable or could involve the party as a whole she's content to leave them to their own devices. No need to micromanage every little thing, especially in such hostile climes!

The party's less than silent march through the snow, however, leaves a lot to be desired for the metallic avian, but it couldn't be help. It was always.....difficult for someone like her to go unnoticed, and the terrain was not helping matters at all! Case in point, the entire group getting caught off guard by a noble, majestic looking Ninetales sudden and dramatic appearance, came as no surprise to her in retrospect.

At that brief moment, though? She was surprised, annoyed, and then awed and intrigued, all in that order. The first three for obvious reasons, but the third? She was intrigued because they decided to make their presence known, instead of attacking or ambushing the group like she heard the a lot of Pokemon from Mystery Dungeons tend to do. While getting caught slinking through someone's terrority uninvited was typically grounds for conflict and/or reprisals, the opposite happening gave her hope that diplomacy could shine through once more.

Immediately after their demand, the shiny bird gave them a one-winged bow before looking up slightly at them with utmost respect.

"Greetings and good day to you, Graceful Ninetales. We are Team Omega Seekers, and all we simply wish for is to pass through the Great Glacier, for it is not our destination but a part of our journey. We mean no harm nor trouble to you, and forgive us if we trespassed into your domain, for we have only done so in ignorance and haste. If you will permit, we shall continue on and leave you be without further bothering you...."

Orders: Attempt to Diplomacy the group's way through this Encounter! Platina has zero reason to start a fight with this Pokemon, especially if they pointedly didn't themselves. Hopefully she won't put her talon in her beak with this!
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650