Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Explanation of Online ID
Star 
Most of you already know what it is, but it had come to my attention that many people didn't or got it confused with their Trainer ID ever since the old official forum days. While I did PM some of those people, I ultimately considered addressing the issue when I'd finally start my own Give Away thread. But official forum went down before that ever happened, and then the whole Breeders' Discord thing happened, so here I am, starting a new thread just to explain the concepts.

Your Online ID is NOT your character's name or IGN. It's NOT your Trainer ID, either. Your Trainer ID is the 5-digit number on your Trainer Card. Mine would be 54630
[Image: PUTID.JPG]

Your Online ID is the 6-digit number on the top right corner of the GTS/Wonder Trade screen and on the left of the Online Lobby screen. It's used so that other players can find you and add you as friends for online trades and battles. Mine would be 213850.
[Image: PU.OID.JPG]
[Image: PU.OID2.JPG]
[Image: PU.OID3.JPG]

I hope this thread clears things up for those of you unsure, confused or didn't know what it was! Cool
"Those who have the privilege to know have the duty to act" - Albert Einstein.
Nothing is impossible, there are only things that are not yet possible!  Cool
MonkeyLord83. 
OID: 213850. IGN: Magnus.

Breeders Collective Discord
Thanks for clearing that up, Monkey!

While we're on the topic, I've updated the Online ID field so that it only accepts characters 1~9 with a maximum length of 6. This will hopefully clear up any remaining confusion. Wink
Backup your saves, don't lose progress!
C:\users\<Username>\Saved Games\Pokemon_Uranium

Save Backups:
C:\users\<Username>\Saved Games\Pokemon_Uranium\Backups

OID: 000003 OT: Cody
(09-14-2016, 02:07 AM)CodySP Wrote: Thanks for clearing that up, Monkey!

While we're on the topic, I've updated the Online ID field so that it only accepts characters 1~9 with a maximum length of 6. This will hopefully clear up any remaining confusion. Wink

Whatever you did fixed my registration issue, so thanks!
[Image: marie.png]
How do I edit my Online ID field to show my online ID, I show mine in my signiture, but how do I make it appear below my repuation on the right like you guys?

wait nevermind I figured it out, it is below the about yourself section when editing your profile.
OT trainer name: Chick
ID: 135026
(09-14-2016, 01:21 PM)aquagirl555 Wrote: How do I edit my Online ID field to show my online ID, I show mine in my signiture, but how do I make it appear below my repuation on the right like you guys?

wait nevermind I figured it out, it is below the about yourself section when editing your profile.

Go into your UserCP, scroll down a bit and on the left hand side you should see a link that says "Edit Profile" The text box for the Online ID is in there.

Save Backups:

bump because ppl are still messing this one up =.=
MonkeyLord83. 

I haven't had occasion to use the online lobby since Twitch and ~JV~ went with Nintendo's wishes and took down the links then a bit later my main computer died. But before then, I noticed the ID number in the GTS/WT field was different from the number in the online lobby. Has that been corrected?
(01-04-2017, 07:17 PM)NewNotNoob Wrote: I haven't had occasion to use the online lobby since Twitch and ~JV~ went with Nintendo's wishes and took down the links then a bit later my main computer died.  But before then, I noticed the ID number in the GTS/WT field was different from the number in the online lobby.  Has that been corrected?

I believe so, yes.

Save Backups:

(01-04-2017, 07:17 PM)NewNotNoob Wrote: I haven't had occasion to use the online lobby since Twitch and ~JV~ went with Nintendo's wishes and took down the links then a bit later my main computer died. But before then, I noticed the ID number in the GTS/WT field was different from the number in the online lobby. Has that been corrected?

That's been fixed long since before I even wrote this post. As you can see in my pictures, the IDs from said places are the same
MonkeyLord83.