Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help Team Ideas
So, I already know that I want Metalynx, Dunseraph, Baariette, and Arbok on my final team. Any suggestions for the other two slots? I am considering the most recent mystery gift as a possible fifth member.
Maybe a neat Fire and/or Water Type to have more Types in your team to cover weaknesses? Just look through the Pokedex on the wiki and choose a Mon you like, there are many good choices.

Alternatively, if you want to have a team member that's capable of sweeping nearly the whole game by itself, get a Nucleon - this Nuclear Eeveelution is massively overpowered thanks to an Atomizate'd Hyper Voice.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
Ah, thank you for the help! Nucleon does look extremely powerful - gonna slap a Choice Scarf on it
And you don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero. - Vriska Serket
If you don't mind a significant drop in the challenge then Nucleon's good.

Blubelrog would definitely a great choice for patching up your defensive type weaknesses, since Baarierte is double weak to Fairy Types, Dunsereph is weak, and Mega Arbok still takes neutral damage, whereas Blubelrog is resistant. And is also resistant to the Fire-Types that Metalynx is weak to but also, unlike Dunsereph, has Surf and Water STAB.

It's also got decent Type coverage like Payback and Shadow Ball to punish Psychic types, Drain Punch for health recovery, Aqua Ring/Acid armor for more longevity, etc. And Clear Body to stop stat drops.

Though if you REALLY want to mess with Fairys, you can't do much better than Chimaconda. And with access to Nasty Plot via a Move Tutor it has the capacity to set up for a sweep on its own even without Contrary + Overheat.

Krilvolver and Lavent are also solid choices to counter Fire and/or Fairy Types. Krilvolver's Focus Energy + Sniper ability or Lavent's Adaptability can give them great firepower (no pun intended)

Raffiti can also give you the satisfaction of using Nuclear moves minus all the long list of weaknesses, albeit without the same "Oomph." And thanks to Sketch, you can customize your list of moves extensively, including moves you can't get normally, such as by sketching the 8th gym's Whimsicott's Spikey Shield.
֎▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬֍
▓ I'm not a pessimist, I'm a realist in a world of misery.  ▓
Ah, thank you for your input as well. I was considering Escartress as a possible team member, but after reading your reply I've decided to pick Nucleon and Chimaconda as my final team members.
And you don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero. - Vriska Serket
Chimaconda's definitely a solid choice even with the double ground weakness since you can just switch to Dunseraph if you spot an Earthquake coming. Just keep something in mind: Chimaconda can learn Thunder Fang from the Move Reminder in Venesi City, but actually using it probably isn't a good idea. 2X Thunder Fang against a Water Type = 130 damage, but STAB from a Flamethrower or Sludge Bomb = 135. (Even more from Flamethrower because of the Fire and Water Types glitch) So aside from things like Blubelrog, Gyarados, and maybe some others, you're better off teaching it something like Dark Pulse for Type coverage, especially since it's also a Special Attack and can make opponents flinch.
▓ I'm not a pessimist, I'm a realist in a world of misery.  ▓