Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Future campaigh
HOWDY people! Spiritmon here! How you people doing? Well lets cut the chase. I love Roleplaying games. Like, a lot. The first tabletop system I ever play was Pokerole, more specific Celadon City, who was a amazing experience, along with all others campaighs here in the forums. 

Here the links to each one of them.

But, I been playing others systems since. Like D&D 5ª edition and Pathfinder 2e. The first having a few problems but manageable, and the second I still learning. I even begin to DMing a table of D&D, who would know?

However, by the tittle you already guess what this is about. Its been a while since I had a feeling in try to dming myself here in the forums. The Pokerole system is very cool (along with Pokemon Mystery Dungeon too!) however, I wanted to try something...different. A bit of flesh air perhaps. At first I though in try make a DND campaigh based in this video.

However, trying to make a dnd campaigh via text with how dnd combat works would be viable, since we are more used to play campaighs via post (and english is not my native language to speak via voice, so voice channels in Discord is problably not viable). Besides, most of us is more used to make posts here in the forums, so yeah, difficult.

So I though about one thing. I always loved the concept of a trainer and Pokemon fight side by side.

A system I plan to use who could be the one useful to do it is this one: Pokemon Conquest.

Now, I still trying to read the system to learn more before anything (and try to balance both my college and my dnd campaigh I dming).

So I need help too. Dming via voice channel is one thing. But via posts on a forum? I never try that before. So I need some help. I want to make my campaigh here in the forums, so I want help if this system is possible to dm via posts, so I might try to make a test campaigh to see if I can actually use Pokemon Conquest as a system to dming here in the forums or if I should stick to the Pokerole system. Tell in the comments below if you reader is interested. And if you people know other systems that could help me make my campaigh here tell too! I really need help in that department.

So, this is it! See ya people!
Kogeki currently ability to active in battles: Anticipation.
I forgot! I forgot to mentioned another thing: Setting! Or rather, settings. How the campaigh or one shot will work like that:

Setting (1): Legends say during the old ages, human and Pokemon began to interact with each other. However that was ancients times, where people was still getting used to companionship of Pokemon, and try to live in harmony. However, Pokemon back was more savage, and like in today times, humans try to tame pokemon as slaves instead of companions. Trainers dont exist in that era, but certain human have the ability to tame and even fight alongside Pokemon. These people are called "Knight candidates" people who have the potential in become full knights and have lots of privileges. And maybe stop dark events coming in the horizon...or help the dark age to come.

This a more classical tematic of medieval times with Pokemon. Certain Pokemon have a lot of style of knights, like Gallade, Aegislash, Corviknight, and so many others. So this is a interesting scenario to come. In this scenario, the trainers (or rather "Knights candidates") can only control and have 1 Pokemon who is their partner. And the trainers themselves, fight too.futu This is a interesting concept in Pokemon Conquest, in how makes trainer and Pokemon fight together as one. Not to mention a medieval time can have interesting concepts in classical medieval times. Pokemon Conquest is more centered around japan, but I can adapt the concept to other times (past, present or future). Speaking of which...

Setting (2): Many years in the future (around 40 years after the games story) the world had a dramatic change. After a calamity happened 40 years ago, humanity society was destroyed, and the entire world was changed. Such calamity was know as "the day of the dark sun" where the embodiment of death cause mass death in both human and pokemon, and with great struggles, humanity was capable of survive by making cities with domes to protect against the toxic air that now permiate the planet who can cause humans to slowy die (and make pokemon more feral). In these cities only the strong, cunning and more prepared can survive. Do you have what it takes to survive in this hellish world? Or are you gonna be devoured by it?

Ah, who doesnt like a classical cyberpunk scenario, in a post apocalypict place, where each person need to find their own path to survive, forcing even players to street fights, corporation fights, and maybe have to rely in take their own paths to their own hands. The inspiration came from this channel series Pokemon Legends NEO: Ghetsis.

Setting (3): The feudal japan. A era of samurais, honor and blades. Each person try to live their own life as best as can. Some wandering as bards, trying to use music to get some money. Other becoming monks, to spread the world of the gods. And even more taking the path of the blade and become samurais. Each one have their own path to make a legend. Do you have what it takes to be a legend? Or do you will become just another grain of sand in the eternal sands of time?

Basically, the scenario of Pokemon Conquest. A more focus in the feudal japan era (akin to Pokemon Legends Arceus). It is a interesting scenario to explore.

Again, this is a work in progress, since I still reading the book.
Ohhhh, that's an interesting idea you have there, Spirit! Though I have to admit that I've got...way too little experience to give and actual opinion or be any help, with both Pokemon Conquest (given I've never played or looked deeper into that game so far) and DnD (I've not yet played that directly, but have played Pathfinder in-person with a group of a game store in the nearest big town). From what I can tell I'd imagine it somewhat difficult of play the latter via play-by-post in a/this forum - not impossible, but in need of some adjustments, specific rules and maybe changes to make it feasible.

Setting-wise I'd lean into option No.3 (feudal Japan), as the other two feel either overused or not that appealing to me personally.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
(05-06-2023, 07:00 AM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: Ohhhh, that's an interesting idea you have there, Spirit! Though I have to admit that I've got...way too little experience to give and actual opinion or be any help, with both Pokemon Conquest (given I've never played or looked deeper into that game so far) and DnD (I've not yet played that directly, but have played Pathfinder in-person with a group of a game store in the nearest big town). From what I can tell I'd imagine it somewhat difficult of play the latter via play-by-post in a/this forum - not impossible, but in need of some adjustments, specific rules and maybe changes to make it feasible.

Setting-wise I'd lean into option No.3 (feudal Japan), as the other two feel either overused or not that appealing to me personally.

Thanks! Well, DnD is indeed complicated. Iron did gave me a few tips in how it could be possible to run a while ago via a message he send me:

Iron: "I think it would definitely be important to declare your conditions ahead of time. Like "If they leave my square, I'll use my reaction to take an Opportunity Attack."

"Might speed things up if the player is allowed to roll dice when they declare their action, and the DM rolls dice for any kind of Reactions as well as the monsters. Just, whoever is most convenient rolls the dice."

Me: "I imagined that...Like, lets say a enemy gonna cast a spell, then the player previous said if the enemy cast a spell, I will cast counter spell, or something like that? And also, if the player want to convince the enemy about their fake intention, I will ask them to roll to deception, or is the player should just roll what they feel like it?

Iron: "The player could roll and if you decided a different skill would have been better, you could have their character sheet and just change the result based on that.

Example:
Player: I want to fake out the enemy. (13) +3 Deception = 16.
Spiritmon: Actually, it needs to be Intimidation, which is a +4 for you instead of +3. So that roll is actually a 17."

Yeah...maybe try to make a D&D game via play-by-post, it complicated choice...And I dowload when you told about Dungeon World, and like...402 pages, and the book say if you gonna dming, you need to read everything."

He also recommended Dungeon World, Storytelling System or other much more simpler games. Pathfinder I still learning the system and I still not fully comfortable in use such system (yet). So it is a complicated decision.

Maybe I should just considered use the pokerole system since we are more familiar right now, and could work as intentend. But I still want to try some fresh air to the rp session, so I need to pondering what is the best path...hmm...